What we know about Beta. - Page 27 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You've made your momma proud!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-10, 04:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #391
SaeS
Private

Re: What we know about Beta.

I'm not that concerned about there not being a beta announcement at E3. Of course, it would possibly create a large hype/interest towards the game, since it's gonna be "just around the corner guys, get ready for it!". Still, people are gonna find out about PS2 eventually from somewhere and if they can't wait and lose interest...well, too bad.

What I'm more concerned of, is that if they are rushing the beta release. This will be a huge factor for people to determine if they like the game or not. I'm still gonna be playing PS2 no matter how the beta will end up being. But for the people that are just gonna test it out to see if they like it or not, it's gonna be extremely important that the beta will give the best first impression possible.
Old 2012-05-10, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #392
DeathHaze
Private

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
So if PS2 doesn't go beta by E3 it will lose some of it's following? 404 Logic not Found. Good riddance I say if that does happen.
I know I'm just one person and you are of the good riddance pursuasion. But I do not understand why they can't just confirm a date. Personally I'm sick of looking for beta information when the only information is "soon" So I will no longer traffic this site. If I don't get an email for a beta then ps2 is dead to me. I'm not going to bother to search it out for the thousandth time. There are other games that can keep me amused and I won't even have to touch ps2
Old 2012-05-10, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #393
Kipper
Captain

Possible reasons for not confirming a date:

1. It's not finished yet

End of possible reasons.

See, they will know when they want it finished, but anyone that has ever tried to do something creative along the lines of writing a computer program will be aware that stuff happens you weren't expecting. Experience helps you make better guesses but there will always be uncertainty.

Unreleased software makes no money - so they'll be working their socks off, but equally, unfinished or buggy software is the worst kind of publicity so it needs to be done right.

Patience is a virtue.
Old 2012-05-10, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #394
Hamma
PSU Admin

Arm Chair Developers ftw!

As Kipper said it's not ready. They aren't going to give a date then rush it or even worse possibly not make it. There are millions of moving parts to video game design and another million more parts to Media and PR. They can't just "Give a date" when there is so much that has to come together. This isn't even counting executives, financing, coordination with other Sony announcements.. It's not just 12 developers sitting in a garage somewhere holding out their game.

Patience is a virtue x2

If you choose not to traffic PSU or the official site after E3 if there is no announcement that is your loss.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-05-10 at 09:02 AM.
Old 2012-05-10, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #395
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

(i was a part of the conversation a few pages ago)

I just like spreading rumors about beta.

brb, going to spread rumors about the 'new ps4 controller'
Old 2012-05-10, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #396
Nidetch
Private

The closed beta testing of a FTP game will be a huge factor for people deciding if they want to play this game or not? Extremely important that the beta give the best first impression possible? Also i find it funny all the people who refer to "playing" the beta, rather then "testing" the beta. . . I concur with the Good Riddance to anyone who feels this way. my $0.02

Last edited by Nidetch; 2012-05-10 at 04:33 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-10, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #397
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Possible reasons for not confirming a date:
1. It's not finished yet
End of possible reasons.
Best ... summary ... ever !

... so they'll be working their socks off, but ...
Many of us wear sandals, this may be a problem.

Patience is a virtue.
Indeed, sir, indeed. This is, however, the internet. 0.02 seconds or tl;dr
Old 2012-05-10, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #398
Kipper
Captain

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
Best ... summary ... ever !
Ta It probably won't be obvious to most but I must give credit for the whole "list with one thing on it" to Blackadder.

Only place I can find it - audio only, sadly - is here at about 3:40 in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5_CxOIplNs

Last edited by Kipper; 2012-05-10 at 05:31 PM.
Old 2012-05-10, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #399
Athanasios
Corporal

Misc Info

At SOE, we're gearing up for E3! We will be offering some new contests so you have a chance to win a pass to E3, some Planetside 2 beta keys, and some Station Cash! We will have contests on Twitter and Facebook, so make sure you're following both for a chance to win! http://www.facebook.com/soe and http://www.twitter.com/Sonyonline
From PS2 fb page.
Old 2012-05-10, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #400
BloodySoul
Corporal

I gotta say, at this point I don't care TOO much on when its coming out. But when it does, I better be out of my seat clapping from how impressed I will be due to how long they are pulling our chains for this. I want fireworks to flow out of my laptop as the game downloads!!
Old 2012-05-10, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #401
emerald
Private

Originally Posted by BloodySoul View Post
I want fireworks to flow out of my laptop as the game downloads!!
If the team at SOE cared about us at all the new PS2 launcher would make firework graphics shoot out onto the desktop.

<3 Please!
Old 2012-05-11, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #402
Qwan
Captain

As i said before take ya time guys, I still have BF3 Tera and Diablo 3 to run threw. Its gonna be a busy summer as it is. Awwwwssooomeee
Old 2012-05-12, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #403
RanCorXII
Private

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
As i said before take ya time guys, I still have BF3 Tera and Diablo 3 to run threw. Its gonna be a busy summer as it is. Awwwwssooomeee
lol...BF3...

I'm itching to play PS2 so I can forget about battlefail 3. Ruined my memories of what battlefield used to be like.
Old 2012-05-12, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #404
Toppopia
Major

For some reason, i have always wanted a battle scene where i am defending with a few people and am faced with impossible odds of attackers and have to hold out for an amount of time then get rescued by a convoy then have to guard it as we pass through the narrow urban streets, if you are awesome then this will remind you of Black Hawk Down, unfortunately, there arn't any convoy type things from what i have read and if faced against impossible odds, i will most likely die because unless i am ducking behind cover alot i will probably die. So this game should finally give me what i have always wanted.

But who agrees that that would be awesome to be a part of?
Old 2012-05-12, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #405
MacXXcaM
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
For some reason, i have always wanted a battle scene where i am defending with a few people and am faced with impossible odds of attackers and have to hold out for an amount of time then get rescued by a convoy then have to guard it as we pass through the narrow urban streets, if you are awesome then this will remind you of Black Hawk Down, unfortunately, there arn't any convoy type things from what i have read and if faced against impossible odds, i will most likely die because unless i am ducking behind cover alot i will probably die. So this game should finally give me what i have always wanted.

But who agrees that that would be awesome to be a part of?
Was this supposed to go into the urban continent thread?

Scenes like the one you described could have easily happened in PS1. I don't see why it shouldn't be in PS2.

Fighting with few support against a superior number does happen in other games, too. It's always a matter of how well you arrange your defense on that spot.

Maybe not so much about convoys but in PS1 you could defend a tower with relatively few people until the enemy throws in a very great number of troops. All you could do is fight and hope that reinforcements would arrive.