The Supressor - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: To activate the cheat mode, press alt-F4
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-04, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
TekDragon
Contributor

The Supressor

Someone posted a small blurb in another thread. Forgive me for not quoting you. It was about how the supressor was the sniper version of a machine gun.

Wanting to check it out (i admit it, i never tried the supressor be4) i went into VR and, in crouch mode, unloaded a few clips at distant enemies. The results were suprising. I could go through a whole clip without budging the reticule (which was tiny).

Does anyone have any combat opinions on the effectiveness of a supressor? Also what weapon combos are good to carry with it?

After testing it out I considered certing myself for the mini chaingun or rocklet, thinking it would go well with the supressor. Maybe even a striker if I hear some good combat stories from you guys.
Old 2003-06-04, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Everyone that uses a supressor looks like a n00b IMO. If you want to snipe get a Bolt Driver. If you want to do close range combat, dont use a supresor. It is weak.
Old 2003-06-04, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MilitantB0B
Colonel

It is weak, but not as weak as some people think. Alot of times I use them for the first couple of levels on a suport or pilot character and they kill, just not as well. As far as long distance work goes, it does have really good accuarcy, never used it to that end though.
Old 2003-06-04, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

It doesn't matter if it looks like a noob to ya, the supressor is underrated. It is good for outdoor combat at medium ranges, and I think it works well in combination with shotguns.
Old 2003-06-04, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TekDragon
Contributor

So you dont think it would be viable to couple the supressor with a close range weapon like the mini chaingun or a mid range weapon like the cycler?

Ill be honest, im not a big fan of sniping. I dont, however, like the cramped in-tower fighting and prefer fighting outside of bases or in the courtyards.

What makes you think the supressor is n00b? It has good range and excellent COF. Does the damage really suck or something?
Old 2003-06-04, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

The only problem with the supressor (besides looking like a noob which isn't always a bad thing) is that at close range you will get OWNED!

The only other problem is expect to spend 20-30 rounds per person to kill them, on a 30 round MAg that isn't great.

I use it on one of my Alts just because it pisses people off to get killed by it, In agile, with the TR shooting back, I got 3 agiles, and 1 reinforced, but by then I was damn near outa ammo.

Soooo if I was going to use it, I'd wear reinforced, and use it for range, then a HA for close work.

It's a great gun that everyone thinks is just for noobs... See above, but if you are in Agile or better with a supressor means you may know what you're doing... Standard Armor with a supressor... and you're nothing but a stupid noob who hasn't figured out the equipment terms!
Old 2003-06-04, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Lol, i was fighting a battle today and like half of the enemys had standard armor and supressors. I figured I was fighting against a bunch of people new to the game who chose instant action instead of going to the sanc, but when we took the base, we found that all the terms where destroyed. serves em right for not stocking their lockers.
Old 2003-06-04, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TekDragon
Contributor

Standard Armor with a supressor... and you're nothing but a stupid noob who hasn't figured out the equipment terms!
Oh man.. and i thought my standard armor looked sexay
Old 2003-06-04, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
beavis88
Sergeant

if you have medium assault [to get another cert], i wouldnt bother -- both gauss and cycler are superior IMHO. I dont know about the VS med assault weap.
Old 2003-06-04, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by TekDragon
Oh man.. and i thought my standard armor looked sexay
Only on sundays sorry! Supressors suck! U gots to wait till the enemy aint looking and unload the clip on their back before they turn around.

and the standard armor is teh ugliest armor in the world!

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-06-04, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Doppler
Contributor
Major

It's not the caliber.....

Personaly my support char uses the suprssor extensively but then again he's not the type to rush headlong into combat guns blazing. For a character that isnt set up to charge down the teeth of a max the supressor is great, i dont recomend bothering carrying anything but AP rounds but other then that the gun has no real drawbacks consiering it's well, free. Fuck what people think i look like, if their allies they know what i'm there for and if their enemies they will be dead soon.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-06-04, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by TekDragon
So you dont think it would be viable to couple the supressor with a close range weapon like the mini chaingun or a mid range weapon like the cycler?

If you have the Cycler, you don't need a Supressor.

If you have the mini chaingun, obviously you have access to the Cycler, and thus you don't need the Suppressor.

The ONLY reason to ever use the Supressor is if you don't have medium assault or you have no other choice when you spawn in some odd circumstance without being able to equip anything.
Old 2003-06-04, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by Jaged
Everyone that uses a supressor looks like a n00b IMO.
You may look like a n00b, but while the other guy is going, "Look at that guy! What a n00b! He's using a suppressor!", you'll be kicking his ass.

I personnaly htink the suppressor is very well-rounded: Good range, pretty good damage, but bad looks, which i dont really care about

Old 2003-06-04, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
TekDragon
Contributor

If you have the Cycler, you don't need a Supressor.
Hmm.. i guess your right. Oh well.
Old 2003-06-05, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Let me gess then your gonna use standard armor because your more agile in it lol. Super-Supresser n00b to the rescue!!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion