Dear SOE, Protips on how to make your game better - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only website you should go to when the Sony Network one is down.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-04-13, 04:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
EVILoHOMER
Major

Re: Dear SOE, Protips on how to make your game better

Just don't play the game tbh, I can bet most the development have moved on any ways, SOE love to release unfinished and broken games and never see them through to their full potential.
Old 2014-06-06, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Illtempered
First Sergeant

Bump to say give outfits something...

It's been two years and you've given outfits absolutely nothing. At least in PS1 we had outfit decals and outfit points. Anybody that understood Planetside, understood how key outfits were in the big picture. Another example of how out of touch this development is with the spirit of the franchise.
Old 2014-06-08, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Boildown
Sergeant

The VOIP problem has got to get fixed. There's no excuse for it to function as poorly as it does now. Figure out what breaks it and get it fixed. Its been nearly two years, no more excuses. Get it done.

Old 2014-06-10, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
CmdAtino
Private

The mission system is very far from being useless, but I think only a few realise what it actually does. I think it should go like this, be mandatory for new players, (seriously SOE needs to do something like this: Give new players from BR1 till BR10 Access to 3-4 weapons per class, at that state they are a "soldier" of whatever faction they are in, and they can actively follow the mission system, follow the orders of the AI commander basically. Then when you get to BR10 you finish your service as a soldier, get to keep your favourite 2 weapons per class and become a mercenary who now needs certs to keep going, this would serve as both a tutorial, prevent new players from "being owned" intice them to buy back the weapons they once had available, feel competent from the start (like oh I miss the fully certed 'standard army reaver with rocket pods' I wish I could get that back, then work for it, at least you know how that felt once, people WILL get attached to their characters and then possibly pay, whislt it provides a nice challenge and provides higher pops for vets to play with! this is so easy to implement it's ridiculous.. it would add lore too)

As for the mission system, I disagree that it is useless, yes it's not the best to follow it straight on, it puts ou in a zerg, but planetside 2 being a WAR, a WAR is pretty much a zerg of tanks and infantry charging, whislt better squads and platoons maneouver about, as a pilot the mission system whist you atack a new base can indicate whether the base on your side of the lattice is under attack "Mission switches to DEFEND" and tells you when you can attack, as an infil in bases further down the lattice you can, without checking the map have info on where the front line is located and whether you should hack terminals or no, attracting enemy infantry away from the fight ,or slowing down tank production.

The mission system guides the "grunts", the "soldiers" from BR1 to BR10, whilst the more advanced players and squads play the role of "heroes" akin to a moba because they naviaget from lane to lane holding and pushing down specific lanes.

The reason the game gets dull is because it is like a moba, capture bases along lanes, albeit complex ones, pushing and defending outposts, but there is no endgame, there is no CAPTURING THE ENEMY WARPGATE, this is SO NEEDED!
it will provide satisfaction, way more than alerts, and realyl create those stories that make games so special, then create a page where those capture and cont lock stats are presented to enhance the lore (ie the war started blahblah, after months of conflict in the year 2014, the NC finally captured Indar, held it for 2 months, Indar was not fought upon for 2 whole months, when the TR and VS finally made a push TOGETHER, but the VS were betrayed, this is what we need.. not tr fights nc and vs and vice versa all the time on the same bases, they get boring if we fight there everyday..
Old 2014-06-10, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Illtempered
First Sergeant

It sounds like you were around for the epic Arc Bioengineering farm that made TR finally lose it's month-long grip on Indar.

The mission system is ridiculous, and we should be able to turn it off. Try being a pilot and flying around, getting a stupid beep in your ear every time you cross into another hex. Even for a new player it seems very redundant. How hard is it to look at a map? I always thought this game was where the big boys played. STOP HOLDING OUR HANDS.
Old 2014-06-10, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Illtempered View Post
I always thought this game was where the big boys played. STOP HOLDING OUR HANDS.
Not really. They want to cater to all types of people (big, small, tall, short, male, female, etc.). Makes sense because the game is free-to-play so they need as many people as possible to try and get them to purchase things. Also, what player doesn't want as many people as you can get in to a MMO where there are no NPCs or game content? Real players are the game content in this MMOFPS.

Last edited by Crator; 2014-06-10 at 12:22 PM.
Old 2014-06-10, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

I've made that point to Ill before. He doesn't really get it.
Old 2014-06-11, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Illtempered
First Sergeant

There needs to be a game where the big boys can play, and be left alone. That IS what Planetside was, and I think it's safe to say that most of the vets wanted PS2 to be the same, but with some marketing added, unlike PS1 which had none.

Oh no though.....We must cater to the the nub-masses because that's the only way we'll make money. Our gurus in the marketing department told us so!
Old 2014-06-14, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
War Barney
Sergeant Major

You missed balance VS properly, its been a ongoing problem since day 1, honestly I don't get how they didn't realise making 1 factions trait incredible accuracy would make them OP as holy hell when aiming is almost the most important thing, you can have a gun which 1 shots people but if you never hit with it its worthless, likewise you can have a gun which does 1 damage but if every single shot always hits its going to destroy people.

Sadly by this point they've probably gone to far to fix it so we just need to accept that if you're not playing VS your playing the game on hard mode. Still, we can always hope one day they'll make the aim on VS weapons not such a dead cert
Old 2014-06-14, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

Agree with most except for "Make major facilities more defensible like they were upon release. They weren't the bases that needed redesign any way. I would say revert back, but I know you won't do that, so just stop messing with them. Increase their cap timers or something. The new AMP station designs are TERRIBLE and just make the base much harder to defend. Just what was your intention with this new design anyway?"

I think the new AMP station designs are great (The ones with the multiple capture points) and give a greater urban feel in the bases. My experiences with them is that I have had equal success in defending and attacking the new AMP bases.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion