News: First Mission System Update Today - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Community even Lassie would join!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-29, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Belhade
Sergeant

Re: First Mission System Update Today

Originally Posted by Elahhez View Post
Only beef i have with the deathscreen is it telling me how bad i am, until i press a key to confirm i am bad.. Well sometimes anyways
First the deathcam screen was "hit a keyboard key to continue" then you could click your mouse instead now it's keyboard only again?? This. Is. BULLSHIT!
Old 2014-03-29, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Belhade View Post
First the deathcam screen was "hit a keyboard key to continue" then you could click your mouse instead now it's keyboard only again?? This. Is. BULLSHIT!
That has to be a bug, it was the only part of the death screen that I liked. Try /bug to report it and hopefully they'll get around to fixing it.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-03-29, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
almalino
First Sergeant

I do not mind mission system because it changed noting for me so far.
Old 2014-03-29, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
disky
Sergeant

I'm sure the mission system is going to get better, but I think that the developer's time would be better spent on:

1. The resource revamp.

2. Continental lattice.

3. Teaching new players how to play the game without holding their hands. An in-game tooltip tutorial similar to the one the original Planetside has would be fine.
Old 2014-03-29, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by disky View Post
I'm sure the mission system is going to get better, but I think that the developer's time would be better spent on:

1. The resource revamp.

2. Continental lattice.

3. Teaching new players how to play the game without holding their hands. An in-game tooltip tutorial similar to the one the original Planetside has would be fine.
Higby implied in one of the command centers that some other infrastructure has to be replaced before they can get to resource revamp, continental lattice, etc, which is why it's scheduled where it is.

While that's getting done, they apparently can have some guys work on fixing problems, i.e. "What am I supposed to do, where am I supposed to go!?" question the newbs keep asking. >.>
Old 2014-03-30, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Nothing more than a squad xp proximity waypoint ala PS1. (except horrendously restricted like most PS1 mechanics added to PS2)

Doesn't 'add' anything to the game, arguably reduces the need to look at the map for those that rarely looked before, there's even less reason to now.

Attack the next base down the 'lane', defend somewhere under attack... inspired. There was me thinking we already had Attack/Defend markers.

Just another step down the line of 'zero-thinking' in the same vein as alerts: Go fight here... because. It doesn't accomplish anything worthwhile but we'll give you a bunch of XP.

Would be nice if they actually gave some intrinsic value to bases, gets boring having to put up with the constant positive reinforcement spam: well-done-aren't-you-a-clever-person-capping-that-base-have-some-extra-xp-for-doing-what-the-game-is-about-in-the-first-place-here-have-some-more-xp-for-attacking-the-next-place-you-were-going-to-anyway.
Old 2014-03-30, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Small moves, Bobby.

If they do end up giving Squads and Platoons more control over the creation of missions it could help quite a bit to organize pubbies.

I also like the Camikaze's thoughts on having a bulletin board of sorts for lone wolves like myself to accept player missions. (I.e. harass this area with air)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvlv-JbNt7I

Last edited by Edfishy; 2014-03-31 at 07:56 AM. Reason: bullet > bulletin
Old 2014-03-31, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Falcon_br
Captain

What I like about the new mission system:
It helps people to know where to got
It gives you 15% bonus to stick with your squad.

What I don't like:
If you are providing air support and is the squad leader, everytime you fly over a new base the mission will change! If it is no attackable, it will create a defend mission in a far away base.
If you are a squad leader that stay on the point, it work like a charm, also if you don't those things will happen.
Another thing I don't like is that you can't see how long to capture the base you are in, or who control the points if the mission is not on the base you are right now. Sometimes the mission change to the next base, the enemy flip the point and nobody on the squad see it because of the mission system.
Also, that great circle into you HUD really ruins long range snipering, I had to turn down my HUD several time because of that circle ruining my sight to the enemy position.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2014-04-02, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Illtempered
First Sergeant

This development makes it harder and harder to support their cause, and it shows. My outfit, myself, people in general, are playing less. This ridiculous new "feature" is a perfect example of how out-of-touch they are with the real game. For a new player, it's just going to send them down the line, to the next base on the lattice. Nevermind if that base is a meatgrinder, and the whole time you'll be flanked by the enemy at a closer base, that you should be attacking instead, but because it's not on the same lattice-line you should ignore it. Don't worry little nub. The mission-system will make it all better for you....

That's not even to mention the spam in the chatbox, and the noise it makes, every few seconds. The other day I was soloing and it was trying to send me back to a base 2 links back, that didn't even have any enemies. They introduced an incomplete and bugged, I argue broken, feature, on the live-server, prematurely, again.

/fail
Old 2014-04-03, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Falcon_br
Captain

Now the game has a control point flip voice warning.
It is good with small bases with just one point and everyone is camping the respawn to warm then to go back to the point.
But during a bio lab fight, everyone was screaming, OMG turn that voice off or I will get crazy!
A small bip would be better then a full frase. Maybe they can make that voice only activate once in 2 minutes, just a small bip during the cooldown time.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2014-04-04, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

Well, it is newbie friendly in that it helps building awareness of what the hell is going on.
(have a look around or glance at the map/minimap to find what capture point is blinking/wrong colour!)

That said, once you already have that awareness, it gets tiresome - although not completely useless as even the most hardened veteran gets tunnel vision at times and that voice can snap you out of it.

Conclusion: Having the option to turn it off would be nice. Options and alternatives are never wrong.

Last edited by Boomzor; 2014-04-04 at 09:58 AM.
Old 2014-04-04, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Illtempered
First Sergeant

It's not even newbie friendly because it will send them to the wrong base. Try standing on the border of a hex. If the two hexes are on different lattice lines, the "mission" will switch back and forth between the next enemy base as you move back and forth between hexes, which isn't that hard to do since the hexes are oddly shaped. Not only that but as I said in my previous post, I was soloing, which is what most nubs will do at first, and it kept trying to send me back to a base where the enemy didn't even have a connection, and had no enemy presence.

At least we get more audio spam in the form of announcements that you've "lost the control console". It's great in multiple-point bases when you can't even see which points are flipping, as a defender and an attacker.

/fail
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion