'Unfair' or 'Overpowered' weapons. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Makes wide right turns.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-02, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
ChickenLips
Private

It's been tested, it's been discussed, it's obvious.

The Jackhammer is far superior to the sweeper, truly, there is no competition. Each empire has it's strengths, currently certain strenghts are more usefull than others.

BTW does a Magrider actually have a gun? Or is it just a mobile infantry ram? I swear I've never seen one fire, though they kill entire platoons silently sweeping the battlefield squishing anyone not stuck in a tree.

=[42nd]= Fire Ants
www.42ndFireAnts.com

Old 2003-06-02, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

I believe that the developers balanced the realms overall, while not necessarily balancing each individual weapon category. For example, there is no way a pulsar can compete one on one with a gauss or cycler. Supposedly we Vanu have other weapons to make up for that (or so I'm told, I'm still looking).

This whole balancing issue brings up the nerf topic. While I feel that the realms could use a bit more balance, I hope they tweak a few of the weapons out there rather than nerfing others. If the DEVs nerf one weapon, it will start an avalance which will leave us with three whole realms of useless, watered-down, politically-correct weapons.
Old 2003-06-02, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Jaged
I am not shure what the VS's is, but I havent looked into it much. SO, my point is that if one wmpire has better say, anti veh weaponry, than the other has better tanks to match it.
MAX's have jump jets allowing MANY maxes to get on the walls fast. Also their weapons are accurate at long ranges and the Lasher is an unreal weapon it tears through a max like TP.
Old 2003-06-02, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Lancer. If you don't think a weapon that 3 shots reinforced, rips through armor be it MAX, Tank, or Air, and is damn near as accurate as the Bolt Driver is an advantage then I can't imagine what you would.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-06-02, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ouroboros
Contributor
Major

Jackhammers shoots out more pellets per shot within its CoF than the Sweeper Shotguns. But each of the pellets do the same damage.

So if you look at it, they do the same damage, but on the per pellet base.
Old 2003-06-02, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I think the most overpowered weapon was the one that just killed you last.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-06-02, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

The lancers not as accurate as the bolt driver. Normally takes 4 shots, one for a range, and then three hits if your lucky. But it comes at a price, as most people only carry 18 shots with them. Lasher is a decent weapon, but its close range only. It can serve to pin down enemies at range, but its basically a shotgun.

I use the pulsar alot. Its a decent range weapon, and accurate on the run. I kill alot of people with it because i can fire accuratly while running and they normally stop and crouch. However, at close range ive been known to take out a rek instead of the pulsar, becuase its only slightly less useful....
Old 2003-06-02, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ducimus
Sergeant

Originally posted by Led
The jackhammer is a fricking glorified sweeper shotgun .
Umm no, the Jackhammer is NOT a glorfied sweeper. I can go from full health and 150 armor, and the instant i run into a jackhammer, it aint pretty. Sometimes its insta death, full health/armor to dead in less than 0.5 seconds, somtimes i acutally stand up to two shots, sometimes 3, but in all cases, im dead. Very rarley do i survive CQB against an NC with a jackhammer, and if i do, i have so little health and no armor left, that i may as well be dead anyway.
Old 2003-06-02, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Plato
Sergeant

Is it me or do I sense a few certain individuals afraid of a nerf on that Jackhammer? I don't think it should be nerfed..really, I don't -I'd just like to see the other heavy assault weapons brought in line w/ it. The only possible nerf I can see in my mind is the battering ram use of vehicles. Kerosene said it so well here and I agree totally:

Originally posted by kerosene31
I believe that the developers balanced the realms overall, while not necessarily balancing each individual weapon category. For example, there is no way a pulsar can compete one on one with a gauss or cycler. Supposedly we Vanu have other weapons to make up for that (or so I'm told, I'm still looking).

This whole balancing issue brings up the nerf topic. While I feel that the realms could use a bit more balance, I hope they tweak a few of the weapons out there rather than nerfing others. If the DEVs nerf one weapon, it will start an avalance which will leave us with three whole realms of useless, watered-down, politically-correct weapons.
The problem is that it's going to be unbalancing to balance individual weapons one at a time. But they must all get balanced at some stage, preferably all at once with no nerfing because right now some weapons just really are not worth the cert points..

Last edited by Plato; 2003-06-02 at 11:44 AM.
Old 2003-06-02, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Nitsch
I think the most overpowered weapon was the one that just killed you last.
^you sir, are a very wise man
Old 2003-06-02, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Jaged
But your thingy under your name says TR. Are you TR or NC?
Cause right now BOHICA is building up the TR force on it's server (Konried) then when that part of our outfit is up we'll move on the the others. But once we get set up i'll be NC.

As for the jackhammer of course it should kill you instantly it's a heavy assault shotgun, you can't compare it to the sweeper the sweeper is a med assault weapon. That's like saying the chaingun is too powerful because it fires faster than the cycler. The jackhammer is made to be the king in CQBs.

The only thing the jackhammer might need is a slight change on range. Should have a slightly bigger CoF to prevent perfect accuracy on mid range.
Old 2003-06-02, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

One Mans humble opinion:

Guass > Cycler > Pulsar

Jackhammer > Lasher > Mini-Chaingun

Lancer > Pheonix > Striker

Terran MAXs > Vanu MAXs > NC MAXs

Vanguard > Magrider > Prowler

Marauder > Enforcer > Thresher (I dont see too many buggies so this is a basic observation)

We all have our own opinions but I feel this to be fairly accurate
Old 2003-06-02, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Re: 'Unfair' or 'Overpowered' weapons.

Originally posted by Crono
I've seen quite a lot carping lately about some empire's weapons being TOO powerful (or at least more powerful than theirs). Oddly, most of the players who have been saying this are NC and Vanu. Even more odd, is that I am starting to collect Gausses and Pulsars, for the sheer reason of them being (to me) much better than the Cycler. I suppose the same applies for all empire specific weapons. My point is that no weapons (except the Jackhammer... Hehe) are more powerful than others... It just seems like that because of miscellaneous reasons.
I've been doing the same thing. I got a whole locker full of pulsars and guass rifles. I like em both about as much as I like the cycler, but i especially like the pulsar because so many newbie VS soldiers think that they are the only guys on the block with laser weapons, and that the rounds I am putting in them is just freidnly fire, and it will go away soon. Not likely.
Old 2003-06-02, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

All the weapons are overpowered... remove them all and replace them with sticks and rocks... different colored rocks for the different factions.

That'll make it fair..

Otherwise change nothing.
Old 2003-06-02, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

Onemanarmy said.
Lancer > Pheonix > Striker
I disagree with this. I think striker is better than Phoenix.

Also I think vanguard=magrider mostly due to the fact that Magrider can take down aircraft far better.

Also TR MAX > NC MAX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VS MAX
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion