**HOW TO INSTALL AND PLAY PLANETSIDE FOR THE FIRST TIME** - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dyslexics are teople poo!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-06-10, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zulthus
Colonel

**HOW TO INSTALL AND PLAY PLANETSIDE FOR THE FIRST TIME**

There are so many threads of newcomers asking this question. Hopefully this thread can answer everyone's questions.

THIS IS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO INSTALL AND PLAY THE GAME.

STEP #1:

Go to this website and download the PlanetSide Launchpad. To do this go to the bottom and hit "reinstall" next to PlanetSide. No purchase required!

http://www.soe.com/getthegame/?locale=en_US

STEP #2:

Head to the SOE Game Pass page and select PlanetSide. Hit "Get your Pass" and proceed through the subscription process.

http://www.soe.com/gamepass/?locale=en_US

STEP #3:

Open your PlanetSide launchpad, log in, and wait for the game to patch. Press the big "PLAY" button.

That's it. You've successfully managed to download and subscribe to PlanetSide. Enjoy yourself!

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-06-10 at 08:03 PM.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Atheosim
Captain

Re: **HOW TO INSTALL AND PLAY PLANETSIDE FOR THE FIRST TIME**

Haven't played in like 2 years or so, that launchpad doesn't work for me. I get the SOE box and when it starts loading graphics, it just shuts off instantly. Doesn't even hitch, just ends.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

Works for me. Not sure what the problem is.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Atheosim
Captain

I have "Version: Application: 464 Shell: 3.0.0.223" and it's working it seems. I don't know where I found it though. The version I got from your link is broken and outdated it seems.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zulthus
Colonel

If that really isn't working then I put up a different link that should.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Atheosim
Captain

So right now I have two different types of station launch pads, and neither of them are functional for reasons I cannot fathom.

This is the first one, which I'm quite sure is the one I got from your link:

This is where my frustration lies with the first one:

This is the second one, which so far has been the most functional, going so far as to actually allow me to log in, allow me to subscribe, and allow me to watch one screen for a very, very long time...but not before I watch THIS screen for a very, very long time:

Here is the screen that despite being left on for 16 hours, did not change:

So there you have it. Let's hope we can figure this out by the end of the month. Anybody have any ideas?

EDIT: I clicked "Reinstall" on the link you provided, Zulthus. It's installing now. Seems to be the latest version, thank you.

Last edited by Atheosim; 2012-06-11 at 01:40 PM.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
dorgo
Corporal

if you are on windows 7 you need right click the launchpad.exe to make it run in xp mode

\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Planetside\Launchpad
Old 2014-03-18, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
wargst
Private

Hello, I followed your tutorial, but it has a problem: qunado arrival at the end of the recording emi says to put the email, I write and suddenly the screen gets black launcher, I see a yellow dot, I click and I appear the following words: Generic, Failure, Occured. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM???

P.S: I have windows 7 Home Premium

And then, when I created a new account I get the message of a erorre: NBE-1013: LaunchPad Error, how can I fix???

Last edited by wargst; 2014-03-18 at 04:20 AM.
Old 2014-03-18, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
bedzike
Corporal

Its not f2p untill the 4-16
Old 2014-03-18, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BlueTiger
Private

Is anyone online playing Planetside 1 right now? How many people are online?

I'am also glad to have found my old Planetside-Universe account join date is, 2003-05-06!

My first post was this, a couple weeks before the games release:

"I to am curious to why the site's down, it could be some new thing for the game, since the release is quikly approaching. Or possibly a new look, that's my guess.

http://www.sonyonline.com/e3press/Pl...nglomerate.jpg

It's an okay pic. "

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ead.php?t=8218
-#6 Kill Leaderboard Markov New Conglomerate.-
-66k killls on BlueTiger Mid 2005,also known as Gunuko.-
-JackHammer, Scat Max, Vanguard Tank, Phoenix Rocket BlueTiger Combo.-
Old 2014-03-19, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
wargst
Private

Sorry, but someone could help me with the problem of registration in Planetside 1 put in my reply yesterday at 10:12???
Old 2014-03-19, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
BeatCrazed
Private

Okay Wargst.

About registration: If you are trying to register from launchpad and that is not working then most likely your version of launchpad is outdated. Skip to paragraph 3 for instructions on getting the new one, or try registering from the SOE website instead of launchpad.

Planetside 1 is not yet free to play, this is going to happen on (or around) 16th April. Error NBE-1013 means that you're trying to login without a subscription to the game. If you're desperate to get in before the game goes free to play then you'll need to subscribe to it here: https://www.soe.com/getthegame
However, there are very very few people playing right now so I suggest you wait until 16th April.

I'm not sure what caused the generic launchpad failure, but if you download launchpad from the 'SOE get the game' page using the 'reinstall' button beside Planetside then you will get the most updated version. If you have already acquired that version then I don't know what is causing the problem and cannot help.

I hope that this will help solve your problem(s).
Old 2014-03-19, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
wargst
Private

Are you telling me that April 16 will be available Planetside 1?? without purchase, in short, a "Free To Play"??, and then I intsallato Launcher Planetside 1 by clicking on the word reinstalazione.Riguardo recording I checked the link you've said (SONY) but when I try to log on launcher does not work and I get the error NBE-1013.Cosa should I do?? wait for April 16 in order to access Planetside 1???, the official website of PlanetSide 2 Planetside I read that 1 will be issued to players April 2.

PLEASE NOTE: when Sony will release the 2 Planetside 1 or April 16 as a Free-to-Play free game for everyone to play, where to play scaricaremo the launcher??

Last edited by wargst; 2014-03-19 at 04:58 AM.
Old 2014-03-19, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
BeatCrazed
Private

Originally Posted by wargst View Post
Are you telling me that April 16 will be available Planetside 1?? without purchase, in short, a "Free To Play"??
Yes, that is correct.
and then I intsallato Launcher Planetside 1 by clicking on the word reinstalazione.Riguardo recording I checked the link you've said (SONY) but when I try to log on launcher does not work and I get the error NBE-1013.Cosa should I do?? wait for April 16 in order to access Planetside 1???
That error is happening because you have not payed for Planetside 1 and it is not free to play yet. It is possible to play Planetside 1 right now, but you'll have to buy a subscription and there are hardly any people playing, so I recommend that you wait until April 16.
the official website of PlanetSide 2 Planetside I read that 1 will be issued to players April 2.
It was originally going to be April 2, but they changed it for some reason. The announcement was made here : https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/...st-11500338048
Old 2014-03-19, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
wargst
Private

Thanks, but you did not answer a question: when the SONY tilascerà Planetside 1 as a Free-to-Play, where should we download it??
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion