Sunderer - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Only a Vanu would think Purple was cool to wear
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-04, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Graf
Private

Re: Sunderer

Even if they don't, the sunderers could just hold a squad of engineers to help with repairs.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Gugabalog
Major

Was it this thread or another one that I talked about there being a box fortification of sunderers?
Old 2012-08-04, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gugabalog View Post
Was it this thread or another one that I talked about there being a box fortification of sunderers?
We used to use the gang-bang-bus as makeshift blockage in the gaps in walls in bases in PS1. It wasn't much good for anything else but that and soaking up CE on the way in for an ANT run. The Sunderer variants they later patched on the other hand were a lot of fun.

Anyway. It was quite easy, park up two, drop the third from the back of a Lodestar on the top of them. Ta-da Sunderer pyramid. If you were feeling particularly bored you could stick a load of boomers around the back of them for a laugh. Just to get a very cheap, if funny, kill from the first grunt to use them as cover with an EMP 'nade.

Last edited by Piper; 2012-08-04 at 05:33 PM.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Gugabalog
Major

I think they could have real value as barricades in the canyons on Indar
Old 2012-08-04, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Piper
First Sergeant

Perhaps, but given that everything else in game (cover wise) appears to be indestructible I'd rather hide behind something that AV can't lock on and exploderate.

Without the fifteen minutes of thumb twiddling to hack an empty base I wonder if we'll come up with some of the silly'er things we did in PS1 quite so quickly.

There is of course the infamous ANT-bomb. They would explode very violently (more than your average terminal vehicle) near the start, but it got pulled when people started using them as suicide attacks and just dropping them out of the back of Galaxies.

There was a bizarre event in PS1 where they started stripping out certs from the game, can't remember what it was about, don't think it was the "Bending" (don't ask) but something else. But with so little left to actually play with I remember my friend-fit decided we should start pulling Lodestars and Galaxies and using them as er...."artillery". It worked oddly well with so few other AoE weapons on the field by that point.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Piper View Post
We used to use the gang-bang-bus as makeshift blockage in the gaps in walls in bases in PS1. It wasn't much good for anything else but that and soaking up CE on the way in for an ANT run. The Sunderer variants they later patched on the other hand were a lot of fun.

Anyway. It was quite easy, park up two, drop the third from the back of a Lodestar on the top of them. Ta-da Sunderer pyramid. If you were feeling particularly bored you could stick a load of boomers around the back of them for a laugh. Just to get a very cheap, if funny, kill from the first grunt to use them as cover with an EMP 'nade.
Sunderer variants? Is that some new thing? I know Deliverers had variants but I thought the Sunderer didn't have a variant, just a huge remake that added 4 more guns, a horn, and an EMP blast.
Old 2012-08-04, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
Sunderer variants? Is that some new thing? I know Deliverers had variants but I thought the Sunderer didn't have a variant, just a huge remake that added 4 more guns, a horn, and an EMP blast.

Oops, that's what five years away does for you. Yup, meant the Deliverer variants. My goof.

Did particularly enjoy stealing the TR variant, whose name also escapes me, the TR got mostly fun vehicles, but nothing compared to the version of the er...er...oh crud...er...Thresher (phew) that could stick to huge hill inclines. That thing, brief though it's patch life was, was insanely fun.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Timealude
Captain

that will all depend on how armored they are. if they are as soft as the tanks have been i dont think they will be very good barricades.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Oops, that's what five years away does for you. Yup, meant the Deliverer variants. My goof.

Did particularly enjoy stealing the TR variant, whose name also escapes me, the TR got mostly fun vehicles, but nothing compared to the version of the er...er...oh crud...er...Thresher (phew) that could stick to huge hill inclines. That thing, brief though it's patch life was, was insanely fun.
Raider is the TR variant. Aurora is the VS and Thunderer is the NC. I'm based on memory too, probably older then yours. Which is why I have to ask, because god knows how much has changed. For example I did not know that you could now do barrel roles in PS1 with a key press.

Originally Posted by Timealude View Post
that will all depend on how armored they are. if they are as soft as the tanks have been i dont think they will be very good barricades.
The wreckage will survive a bit after the Sunderers are destroyed too.
Old 2012-08-04, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Gugabalog
Major

The wreckage will survive a bit after the Sunderers are destroyed too.
For all of thirty seconds as is unfortunately. (As stated by higby in a stream)
Old 2012-08-04, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Ertwin
Staff Sergeant

Sundies will probably be less useful as walls if the directional armour is the same as a tank.

They have to have good front armour for their primary breaching purpose, but if they have weaker side armour, they won't be as effective as a mobile barricade.
Old 2012-08-05, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

The current PS1 sundeer was definatly that on steroids with the whole EMP thing and through shield mod gate crashing.

This sundeer is more like a loadstar on wheels and no cargo bay. It was going to be an uncloaked AMS with guns.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion