News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Rolfcopters land here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-09, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I've had some additional time to think about this and overall I'm happy with what they have noted.

I'm curious if the "Tunnels" they speak of will be only open to the owners of the base or all players. And the spawn room changes sound to me like adding more doors and windows for air and ground vehicles to camp
Yea, the tunnels are intriguing.

If they devs can nbow build underground spaces such as tunnels can they now build rooms, of the kind tunnel, room, tunnel, stairs, surface. If which case we may get the type of facility we've been asking for.

The questions will be:-
  • - will it simply be a camp at the terminus of the tunnel rather than the door to the spawn, or
  • - although a camp as above may well occur, will there at least be an opportunity to fight back once a hack goes on, given that hack timers go so quickly

The thing we all want is an extended infantry battle for a base and although the news yesterday is welcome I'm not at all certain that it is enough.

Last edited by ringring; 2013-01-09 at 12:15 PM.
Old 2013-01-09, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
More applicable to the Devs than one bitter vet, seeing as how they've pretty much ignored months of suggestions/ideas from the passionate community.

You can search pretty much any 'bitter vet' postings on PSU and you'll see them calling out every problem the game has right now, before they even got to play the game.

Pray tell, what exactly was their original plan, release the game, go quiet after a month, watch pops plummet, then fix spawncamping 2 months after release?

PS1 had the majority of its 'meta' (horribly misused word) elements in for release, base linked benefits and 2 new vehicles were added within 2 months of PS1s release. They are STILL WORKING ON THE BASICS for PS2 in comparison.

Anyone credulous enough to think they'll unfuck PS2 (since they're all down to Dev decisions) in any sort of reasonable time (as in 6 months) should probably get checked out but before that, I've got some prime real-estate I'd like to sell to you.
I was going to make a big post refuting your comments, but I realized some people are a lost cause and would rather be miserable SOBs than enjoy themselves in a game.
All I will say is, some of the PS1 vets here remind me of 8-track junkies. You can claim how great PS1 was, and how it was the bestest thing ever, but the truth is it failed, flopped, and finally died off due to the fact that more people post on these forums daily than played PS1 on the average day.
Old 2013-01-09, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by vipjerry View Post
So where is meta game?
I know I feel impatient at times too. We just have to be patient bro while the devs do their magic.
Old 2013-01-09, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
Fear The Amish
First Sergeant

So where is meta game?
They are adding more flesh onto the bones every patch. Now that they are back from i expect a return to beta's update schedule. Be patient and it will come.
Old 2013-01-09, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fear The Amish View Post
They are adding more flesh onto the bones every patch. Now that they are back from i expect a return to beta's update schedule. Be patient and it will come.
Christmas was 2 weeks ago, this patch isn't for another 3... no double xp or triple station cash to stem the bleeding of player numbers whilst we 'wait' for a patch to 'fix' the most basic of problems with the game.

I'd like to see your 'refutations' assist, probably as shallow as PS2 is.

PS1 wasn't flawless but it had a damn sight better foundation than PS2 does, most of us are wondering why they ignored all the good stuff from PS1 whilst implementing all the terrible horrendously broken shit. viz. 3-ways + BR40

Then again, the devs seem to be re-implementing a PS1 mechanic every couple of months, maybe a decade later they'll finally have finished PS2. I guess that says more about which game flopped/failed right? Oh and nice server mergers after 2 months on a free game.
Old 2013-01-09, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

More applicable to the Devs than one bitter vet, seeing as how they've pretty much ignored months of suggestions/ideas from the passionate community.

You can search pretty much any 'bitter vet' postings on PSU and you'll see them calling out every problem the game has right now, before they even got to play the game.

Pray tell, what exactly was their original plan, release the game, go quiet after a month, watch pops plummet, then fix spawncamping 2 months after release?

PS1 had the majority of its 'meta' (horribly misused word) elements in for release, base linked benefits and 2 new vehicles were added within 2 months of PS1s release. They are STILL WORKING ON THE BASICS for PS2 in comparison.

Anyone credulous enough to think they'll unfuck PS2 (since they're all down to Dev decisions) in any sort of reasonable time (as in 6 months) should probably get checked out but before that, I've got some prime real-estate I'd like to sell to you.
Amazing! So, you are saying that all of the issues mentioned were not part of community feedback? They saw the issues all on their own, and came up with their own solutions? So you're saying that spawn room defensibility was not mentionned at all in the community? Adjustments to AA was not mentioned? Adjustments to Air was not mentioned? Dynamic XP was not mentioned?

If I bothered to take the time, I can probably find a thread discussing every single major topic touched by these notes. All input from current PS2 players and old PS1 "vets" alike.

Sounds to me like there are no notes (yet) on the isses YOU deem most important and are all pissy and throwing a forum tantrum.

My best friend is a programmer in the gaming industry. They work rediculous hours. Then when it gets to release time, they work EVEN MORE REDICULOUS HOURS. If they've been gone for a month, they're probably taking all the owed vacation time they weren't alowed to take prior to release, as well as taking well earned relaxation time so they don't end up divorced or in an insane asylum.

If you consider that devs are expected to play their own games so they have a clue, and grant that even when they're "playing", they're actually working; then you have to see that they put in rediculous quantities of time WORKING.

Everyone needs vacation, distraction and rest.
Old 2013-01-09, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
RSphil
Contributor
Major

some good stuff.
cant wait for Server transfer token available in Depot. first thing i buy to get my NC to a populated server.
Old 2013-01-09, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kerrec View Post
Amazing!
I know! Who'd have thunk it, if you make stupid decisions, you make more work for yourself.

They
made their design decisions, we've been shouting that they're the wrong ones for months, they're now having to work on redoing shit which just happens to align with what we were saying all along.

It's a case of we fucking told you so, whilst being shouted down by all the newbs who were and still are clueless.

Of course you don't have to listen to anything I say, you can just check the game population dropping like a rock instead.
Old 2013-01-09, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
vipjerry
Private

Some would expect more in 2 months.
Old 2013-01-09, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Some would expect more in 2 months.
Some can get a job at a product company and let us know how the month after a death march feels.

Honestly.
Old 2013-01-09, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Good changes. Wish they had waited to release PS2 until mid 2013. PS2 might eventually be a good, fun game, but we might lose half the player base by the time that happens due to major issues not being addressed.

I just feel there is nothing to really play for. Resources are meaningless. We fight in the same area all the time because of the map layout and permanent warpgates. There are no achievements to work for other than a boring 1000 kill award. SOE, we need MUCH more to keep people interested, and these were things that were pointed out in beta.
Old 2013-01-09, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by MyOdessa View Post
Higby loves air power, so he does not address or care about #1 complaint on forums, i.e. OP air power, especially Liberator.

Great job on not responding to the main complaint in PS2 so far. Minor redesign of bases, but no plans on improving meta-game or defensibility of bases.

Pilots can continue to farm everything on the ground, without hard counter from the ground.

Airside 2 FTL.
If you're getting farmed by air it's because you're in a big fight with no AA such as burster maxes or the lock on rockets, etc. That's on you. Air's strong for sure, but by no means OP. You can easily deny the enemy that 'OP' air if you take down their air from the start, not only when it becomes a problem.
Old 2013-01-09, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
Shogun
Contributor
General

nice patchnotes!

and nice to know, the devs are not too sad, that most of the latest feedback was kind of rude and negative! they still listen to us and want to make the game what it deserves to be! great!
thanks devs! keep it up!

what about adding ps1 style doors and reintroduce doorhacking? to add another benefit for defenders.
and to reintroduce the necessity of organised maxcrashes

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2013-01-09 at 03:05 PM.
Old 2013-01-09, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

as the most bitter of bitter vets here, i take full responsibility for everything the devs fucked up being fixed, because they weren't so hilariously broken that even new players and those that were gung ho about this game pre-beta were pointing them out as fucking terrible problems.

/sarcasm

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-09, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Sure you did not misunderstood? "Increases to reload speed" means that the reload speed will be longer.
Ehh... If you increase the speed of something, you make it faster.

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Oh I forgot. They're working on new player experience, so it looks like that didn't make the cut this time around.
I've heard that's scheduled for February.

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
Thanks SOE, that's really kind of you. Good to know you're excited to solve your problems with our money.
Plenty of people over on the official forums expressed their willingness to pay for server transfers.

It seems that when most people throw out the phrase "listen to your customers" what they really mean is "listen to me and the people that agree with me."

Last edited by Climhazzard; 2013-01-09 at 04:25 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion