Most Powerful ESF Nose Gun? I test, you decide... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I love the smell of plasma grenades in the morning.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-14, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Quadron
Private

Most Powerful ESF Nose Gun? I test, you decide...

Hey guys,

I spent a couple hours in the VR Training room today and I thought I would put together a video testing all the nose guns for the ESF's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIKmz...ature=youtu.be

Which nose gun do you think is the most powerful based on the evidence? I really want to hear what people think of these findings. Let the discussion begin!

I post regular videos up to my youtube channel. If you want to be notified when I post more videos, you can subscribe.

http://www.youtube.com/quadrontv

Cheers!

Q
Old 2013-03-14, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
zulu
Corporal

Re: Most Powerful ESF Nose Gun? I test, you decide...

I only fly the Mosquito, but in my experience, the Air Hammer is kind of ridiculous in the hands of the right NC pilot. I tend to worry a lot more about Reavers than I do Scythes. Perhaps that's just a skill issue -- Reaver pilots tend to be better than Scythe pilots because the Scythe is more forgiving. But the Reaver of course has that issue with the reticule not really lining up with its nosegun perfectly.

The Mosquito's rotary is very good -- more than capable of tearing through enemy fighters. Hard to justify taking anything else with the Mossy unless you're going for very specific builds, I suppose.
Old 2013-03-15, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
PredatorFour
Major

That shotgun seems way better than the VS equivalent, quite a fearsome weapon when you got that on your tail.
Old 2013-03-15, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

I was testing EVERYTHING in the VR yesterday, all factions. IMO, the best A2A nose guns are obviously the rotaries. Out of the faction specific AI weapons, I love that bloody LLA, because with maxed out extended mag, that thing has 70 rounds! Its like vwap vwap vwap and theyre dead.

The air hammer is okay, although it's supposed to be an AI weapon, and it being a shotgun, its kinda bad. Especially since its default mag size is 3! It is pretty deadly in the right hands, but anyone in their right mind shouldn't be using their AI weapon against other esfs.

The banshee, which I had also never used, is pretty awesome toward infantry, kinda like the LLA (Though I prefer the LLA more). It's got splash damage so you don't have to be insanely accurate.

Overall, I play TR (mainly), and I prefer the VS's LLA for the, once again, Anti-Infantry nose guns.

Last edited by ThatGoatGuy; 2013-03-15 at 07:43 AM.
Old 2013-03-15, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ruzy
Private

Your video is set to private. Can't watch it.
Old 2013-03-15, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

The AH for me(Im not a very good pilot) is ok for attacking Libs but I cant hit ESF with it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion