there are no good outfits- only annoying ones :) - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You know you want it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)

Old 2013-11-27, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
KeyboardWarrior
Private

Re: there are no good outfits- only annoying ones :)

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Why pick on a Russian speaking outfit that has been around since about 2005, or around that.

If you were going to pick on one I'd imagine that it would be an English speaking one as they would draw from a wider player-base, especially since Russia has their own server anyway.

In any case this smells like displacement, blaming players for what is a deficiency in the game. Look at all the servers, empire imbalance seems common and not always the same empire, this points to the game not players as the problem.
I "pick" on RO and MM because they are currently causing the worst and most consistent pop imbalance throughout the day. TR roll with 40%+ pop in the mornings. Every second person I kill or get killed by at that time seems to be in one of those outfits. I try not to play mornings on Miller any more just because the population is so imbalanced, leading to fights that just aren't fun.

Yes, it is happening on most, if not all servers. Not always for TR. I don't know what your point is here. I'm saying a certain subset of the player-base will always try to rig the game to one faction in a 3 faction (or even 2 faction) game. It has nothing to do with TR on this server specifically. It just so happens TR is the one people rigged on this server. Faction rigging is the whole reason 3 faction systems exist in the first place.

And I disagree that this is wholly a developer problem. People have the ability and knowledge to make their own choices. No one is forcing people to act badly and roll as an overpopulated faction. If a new person wants to play TR they could go play on Woodman, a server that needs more TR.

SoE is not completely innocent though. If they implemented more punishing or rigid systems for fixing population, this would not be an issue. If they stopped implementing systems that incentive faction rigging, e.g. the alert system, this would not be such an issue. The alert is regularly handing TR players (or whatever dominating faction) 10k+ exp for ghost capping a continent. Utter stupidity. If this game was designed such that numbers are less relevant and it's more about how you use them, this would not be a non-issue.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)