[DIG] EUs new AT - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Smells like flowers, covered in corpses....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)

Old 2013-03-15, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: [DIG] EUs new AT

Originally Posted by Gimpylung View Post
I have no issues with DIG tbh.

I have an issue with the yard stick being used to measure a large outfits zerginess.

AT are nothing compared to the almighty zerg that was BOOM (don't say the OL's name 3 times)

The unit of measurement of zerg should be 1 BOOM. Currently I see no outfits on Miller that have a zerg value of 1 BOOM.

Highest I've seen is about a 0.6

I wonder, if we get everything of the accord togther on one target and then tell everyone to stop communicating with each other and just stay somewhere within the target area, how much BOOM would that be?

Thats a solid few hundred VS right there.

If that doesnt work, what if we all just tell everyone to go infil?
Old 2013-03-15, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

DIG. Seen them around.
They exploit poorly designed deployable explosives a lot, so they're pretty successful against zergs.

In actual combat they're nothing special.
Pushed them off the crown and the stronghold hard and held them off easily; just a pain in the arse when they've dug in with this engineer business.

First VS MAX crash attempt I've seen on Miller was these guys I think.
Was hilarious.. they didn't stand a chance.

VS MAX crashes shouldn't even be considered until VS MAXes are fixed, I feel almost as confident in Dual Mercies against any VS MAX as NC MAXes must feel towards TR up close.

That said, they are on my radar. I couldn't name one other VS outfit that has stood out to me, aside from "FOG" (or similar).

Last edited by MaxDamage; 2013-03-15 at 11:43 AM.
Old 2013-03-16, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
DIG. Seen them around.
They exploit poorly designed deployable explosives a lot, so they're pretty successful against zergs.
QQ'ing about AT mines now, are we?
Old 2013-03-18, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dignity
Private

It's nice to see people talking about my outfit

There are many who think we're still a zergfit. Let me tell you something, we're not. We used to have 2500 members when website signup wasn't mandatory yet. We gave people a couple of weeks to sign up on the website, and kicked everyone who didn't. That brought us down to about 500 members of which 90% is active (higher than any other "large" outfit on Miller afaik).

We used to run public platoons all the time, but inbetween GU3 and 4 we didn't because of the platoon display bug. We are however running open platoons again since the latest patch. We do this to try and organize the randoms a little and try to get the faction working together in general.

Once again, happy to see so much positive feedback
Old 2013-03-18, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
RIDEBIRD
Private

Glad to have you nowadays, DIG.
Old 2013-03-20, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Crysander
Private

Originally Posted by Lord Mondando View Post
Indeed.
For example: They were instrumental in that frustration of a neutralization of the Vs cap on indar the other week by moving the ENTIRE VS FORCE to skydock. For that lone, they deserve props.
Seems like a fairly pointless endeavor this far down the line and this now verges on thread necromancy, but I'm almost 100% positive that this was in fact us in ISK that spearheaded and captured the Skydock during the Indar neutralisation push. Just wanted to put that out there.
Old 2013-03-20, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
PredatorFour
Major

@Dignity.. kick the griefers mate ive seen a few in DIG. Other than that fair play on making a big outfit.
Old 2013-03-21, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Dignity
Private

Originally Posted by Crysander View Post
Seems like a fairly pointless endeavor this far down the line and this now verges on thread necromancy, but I'm almost 100% positive that this was in fact us in ISK that spearheaded and captured the Skydock during the Indar neutralisation push. Just wanted to put that out there.
I'm pretty sure that we were leading the offense and bunkering down afterwards, especially since I was the one in the lead......

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
@Dignity.. kick the griefers mate ive seen a few in DIG. Other than that fair play on making a big outfit.
Just give us their names and we'll look into it. We don't tolerate griefing in the outfit. You gotta keep in mind that accidents happen though, and they might look like griefing even if they're not.
Old 2013-03-25, 07:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
I wonder, if we get everything of the accord togther on one target and then tell everyone to stop communicating with each other and just stay somewhere within the target area, how much BOOM would that be?

Thats a solid few hundred VS right there.

If that doesnt work, what if we all just tell everyone to go infil?
The Vanu Accord GG .What a bunch of fight dodging pussy's .

Lets ghost cap Amerish during saturday prime time after deciding Indar and Esamir is too hard ...

Next time do it with all infiltrators , that will be totaly epic .

Last edited by Maarvy; 2013-03-25 at 07:32 AM.
Old 2013-03-25, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
ringring
Contributor
General

Not trying to be picky but the only VS outfit that have caught my eye are ISK.
Old 2013-03-26, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Rolfski
Major

You've got to give these DIG guys some credit. They have quite a few good players as far as I can tell by the look of my death screens and stat-wise (not that I believe in these) they're not bad either.
Old 2013-03-26, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Stanis
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Maarvy View Post
The Vanu Accord GG .What a bunch of fight dodging pussy's .

Lets ghost cap Amerish during saturday prime time after deciding Indar and Esamir is too hard ...

Next time do it with all infiltrators , that will be totaly epic .
Why thank you.
Sun Tzu: 'The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.'

There are many outfits with different outlooks on objectives and goals in the game.

That ghost cap forced a TR response.
Right now that's pretty much all meaningless other than providing a bit of fight on terms of our own choosing.
And that those of us doing it had fun. I know that action on Amerish turned into a pretty fun night for me personally.

At some point we just might need to play a deeper game than static spawns on each map forcing every continent into a 3 way clusterf.
You can enjoy your fights against fixed 2:1 odds I pick mine to achieve something more than a grinder.
Old 2013-03-27, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

HAHAHA how did I know some clown was going to quote art of fucking war ...

Sun tzu art of war has fuck all to do with video games . Its relevant in a world where starvation and real death are a possiblity and has no standing in a video game where fun should be the main goal .

I've been quoted "art of war" in many games by many suposedly hot shit guild/ outfit/ alliance leaders including a good few big name PS oufits only to shit alover them when it came down to the real nitty gritty .

Heres a piece of philosophy that will serve you and every other vanu acord member much better than any sun tzu shite .

"If you bore you factions playerbase to death ghost capping empty shit .... they will leave !"

Maybe all you sun tzu fanboys should play on briggs and then you can roll around a empty server in the AM ghost capping all 3 continents with zero competition , since that is the supreme art of war afterall .

Last edited by Maarvy; 2013-03-27 at 05:15 AM.
Old 2013-03-27, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Maarvy View Post
HAHAHA how did I know some clown was going to quote art of fucking war ...

Sun tzu art of war has fuck all to do with video games . Its relevant in a world where starvation and real death are a possiblity and has no standing in a video game where fun should be the main goal .

I've been quoted "art of war" in many games by many suposedly hot shit guild/ outfit/ alliance leaders including a good few big name PS oufits only to shit alover them when it came down to the real nitty gritty .

Heres a piece of philosophy that will serve you and every other vanu acord member much better than any sun tzu shite .

"If you bore you factions playerbase to death ghost capping empty shit .... they will leave !"

Maybe all you sun tzu fanboys should play on briggs and then you can roll around a empty server in the AM ghost capping all 3 continents with zero competition , since that is the supreme art of war afterall .
You seem to be really angry Maarvy, more so than rationally expected from someone of the opposing faction (at least I hope you're opposing faction otherwise your anger makes no fuckin sense at all)

What they did on Amerish was force the enemy to go to Amerish to fight them, which is something we have all been calling for on all sorts of threads on this forum, where as what you are suggesting is every player join the meatgrinder that is Indar and never leave?

You make no sense, only giving us the impression that you didn't really think before you posted, did you?

Shame really as from your other posts on PSU you have so much potential to be constructive.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 2013-03-27, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

They droped Indar to pull people to esamir , then 15 mins later decided that was too populated and left for a empty amerish . Meanwhile calling the faction to go there via the orders channel while patting there selfs on the back and atempting to belitle anyone who didnt follow them in leader chat .

Im all for tactics if they went there to pull enemys and help the other continents they certainly didnt need to call in the faction to do it on a continent that was barely deffended it was just lame .

My Sun tzu comments are probably some of the most constructive that any online guild/outfit leader will ever read , that crap has little place in video games .
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Miller (EU)