Whats the purpose in this game? - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: UNSTOPPABLE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-05, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

Re: Whats the purpose in this game?

The objective is to turn the map purple - TRay said so.
Old 2012-05-05, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by TerminatorUK View Post
Objective after that is to keep the map purple. It's purdy!
Old 2012-05-06, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
I can appreciate that sort of free form thought but there will be so many millions of people who will have a hard time grasping that concept. They will need to be spoon fed at first and need to "win" quickly. That's probably the entire reason for the mission concept.

While I think about it. Did I read somewhere that missions will be generated by the game? I did also see somewhere else that missions will be player generated by those with high enough cert level but at first who is going to have high enough level to do that?
Oh..... and I guess many of them won't be reluctant to say words like 'elitists' or 'arrogant playerbase' when they leave the game... laying 100% of the blame on the game and developers.

Just sayin

Last edited by cellinaire; 2012-05-06 at 12:04 AM.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
Retrograde
Private

What is good?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
Atheosim
Captain

You win the game when you defeat Blackwing or whatever.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
Stew
Major

planetside isnt the real life their is No end game in end the war by winning or loosing it lol !

If their is no more war in planetside their is no more game the game is actually based on ongoing and perpetual conflict if their is no confrontation their is no game Period !

So please stop asking for a endgame like this it make no sens !

You personally win a small or a big victory when u achive ur missions whatever is ur mission If ur a engineer and your mission is to deploy well place turret to take out some ennely aircraft at a specifics momment and u achive thats this will be a personal win if ur effort contribute to gain controle over a important piece of territory for ur empire this will also be a win !

Thing have to moove on planetside to keep it fresh and interesting
Old 2012-05-06, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
Guuy
Private

Maybe they should just add a big ol flashing colour"YOUR THE WINNER!!!" sign (that matches empire colours) when you successfully take over a facility. The fact that nothing tells you you've won seems to be the issue here not that something will of been accomplished.

Taking an entire continent and locking it was never the most satisfying victories in ps anyway it was taking over a facility you've been fighting for 3 hours in.

I always had more fun on bas defenses anyway and those usually always end in a "loss"
Old 2012-05-06, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
Levente
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
What is good?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
get do dah chappppahhhhhhhh
Old 2012-05-06, 05:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
Kipper
Captain

The objective is to turn the map red.
fixed a mistake.
Old 2012-05-06, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
Rocknoise
Private

Originally Posted by Levente View Post
Yes you felt good if you won a round in BF3 or in TF2
ROFL! PS is completly different to BF3. Thats why i wanna play ps2 instead of bf3. Winning a round after 20 mins and everything resets.. i won, but what i do i see off it. nothing than a point more on my stats.
In ps, after 3 hours playing u can see what u have done and reached.
TBH after winning a couple of round in bf i feel bored and want to play something differend.
In ps that didnt happen to me.

If u like fighting with your teammate for the helicopter, go for it, have fun... but i prefer the static map with my OWN vehicle. xD

PS: @Dev-Team, pleeaaaassseeee make Sanctuaries. I really would miss them.

Last edited by Rocknoise; 2012-05-06 at 05:58 AM.
Old 2012-05-06, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
deltase
Corporal

Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
What is good?

Amin to those!

Lets do this PURPLE TEAM!

On topic:
The goal is to experience the massive battles, in which you play a small part but a vital one. Well that's it for me. Winning or losing, it's all the same for me when the scale is so big, cause it's not like in bf or tf where losing makes things so annoying. At least in PS2, when you get your butt kicked, you will see some epic scenes.
Although i have never played the original PS, from videos and from what the people say, it sounds like an epic experience, something i've always dreamed for.
Old 2012-05-06, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
Kipper
Captain

There IS winning, when you take an objective. It will probably even come up on the screen to let you know that's what happened.

Only difference is that while you're celebrating, the people you just took it from are coming to take it back - and this time they're pissed off.

No single player is going to have a marked effect on the strategy meta-game, that's for outfits and multi-outfit alliances, and they will say to their members "victory is when we take and hold this hex" and the members will understand and all will be well.

If you play solo, don't expect that - just play the pointless K/D game and feel free to miss the point entirely if you like. But PS is a REALLY a team game like no other. You may die, many times, even many times more than you kill - but as long as you're in the fight and making a contribution....

Last edited by Kipper; 2012-05-06 at 08:40 AM.
Old 2012-05-06, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
Stardouser
Colonel

Taking an objective is winning, sure, but it's on a micro level. Winning, to people who talk about win condition means the war, macro level, not the battle. You guys may not like it, but that's how it is.

I suspect, however, that the only real victory conditions that will(or can) exist will be in special events. The problem of 3AM loss of hard earned territory means that weekend, special event, 48 hour and it's done, events, will be the only place a true victory condition can exist. Even in Battlefield 2(I won't say Battlefailed 3), yes there is a win/loss for every round, but they don't really count emotionally, true victories come in organized scrimmages between clans. I would suspect that the parallel between a weekly/monthly clan scrimmage in Planetside 2 will be the 48 hour weekend event. The question is, how often can we have these events and will there be enough room for all who want to participate?
Old 2012-05-06, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
Stardouser
Colonel

Right! I thought I remembered talking about this before....

The question really is, how often can we have these, how many people can participate in each one, how do you sign up for them, etc? And in fact, for extra revenue, something like a $2 entry fee for each one might make sense. Especially since a GM presence will be necessary that might not be necessary for daily play.

I would like to see them be able to have these as often as possible. How would people sign up? All individually? Individually and whole outfits at a time?
Old 2012-05-06, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
Kipper
Captain

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Taking an objective is winning, sure, but it's on a micro level. Winning, to people who talk about win condition means the war, macro level, not the battle. You guys may not like it, but that's how it is.
As I understood it, the discussion was about how you take a BF/MW player and persuade them they're winning things when the round doesn't end. To which I say you can claim victory when you take territory. It will be shown on the map and it will be tangible. Those players aren't interested in the war, they have no concept of it in their games - only unconnected instanced battles.

Win condition for the war is simple - hold the entire continent (or capturable area of it) - but whether that's even possible remains to be seen. If it is, I'd still expect it to take weeks.

At that point, you could give medals and reset the map, it wouldn't break things - though I think it'd be better if that was a very rare occurrence.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion