the ps1 petition on GM's - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-11-04, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
docdic
Private

the ps1 petition on GM's

hello PSU after halving a petition made to get rid of the hackers on ps1 and posting it on the SOE forums only to halve it closed by radarX. so for those who are willing to sign the petition to get rid of the hackers who are ruining the game from the inside you can do so here
https://www.change.org/p/sony-online...ame-planetside
good luck and don't let go of your trigger
Old 2014-11-04, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
BeatCrazed
Private

Re: the ps1 petition on GM's

To reiterate what I said on the other forums, I've signed this and I hope that everybody else who reads this thread will sign it too.
Old 2014-11-05, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SArais
Corporal

I'll never stop fighting for it.
Old 2014-11-05, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
docdic
Private

we are 20% there keep it up
Old 2014-11-05, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
OpolE
Sergeant Major

But theres literally no one playing the game now. Wait for some hint of action from SOE then ask/petition.

As I said before when they release PS2 on Playstation, we could possible see them sort a few aspects of Planetside 1. But its doubtfull.

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2014-11-06, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
bodypopper
Corporal

but thats the problem.. why bother playing when theres so many hackers?
Old 2014-11-07, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
KingFeraligatr
Private

Since I doubt that this petition will be anything but a waste of time, I have some ideas about handling PS1's current situation that I think are better. My first idea is getting a community effort to pool funding to purchase the source code/assets and potentially the server from SOE. After that, we could talk about managing and developing the game from there. SOE will likely not listen to us without us flashing money at their faces and I highly they would just give the source for PS1 away for free (even though they are completely apathetic to it an don't support it), so that's why I think we would need to do group funding. Some problems I see with this idea is getting enough funding for this plan (we would likely need over a thousand USD minimum), SOE still not listening to us, and so on.

Another idea I have is having a community project to develop a game that is similar to PS1 (but not too similar to avoid SOE's lawyers coming after us and to avoid copyright issues). This idea has the advantages being more independent, not having to deal with SOE, us getting to have more control over the game, etc. We would be able manage, develop, balance, etc. in our own way with more freedom. This idea has the drawbacks of getting enough people to contribute to the project with the right skills to continue making the game, potential run ins with SOE, trolls sabotaging what we are working on, etc. I think this idea is better and more realistic than the funding goal and it might not cost us as much.

The last idea I have is negative one - starting a movement to just pull the plug on the game and kill it. I know this is the wimpy, easy way out; but the game is irrecoverably dead at the moment and is plagued by asshole hackers. However this would allow the game with the little dignity it has left at the moment and SOE would be the most on board with this idea. This idea has the obvious drawbacks of just giving up and getting rid of the game.

Of course these are just a few ideas and others can be considered, but these are probably some of our best options. Tell me how you feel about these ideas and which one(s) we could pursue.

Last edited by KingFeraligatr; 2014-11-07 at 04:45 AM.
Old 2014-11-09, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
cpudreams
Private

I wasn't aware of all the problems with Hacking in PlanetSide 1, that sounds horrible . I wanted to let you all know that I just announced a new MMOFPS you can find out about Hunternet in the lounge: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=58500

Hunternet is very different from PlanetSide and I really don't see PlanetSide as competition. But it is an MMOFPS so you may like it. At some point I may release modding support so if it turns out to not be your cup of tea, there is a possibility of more military shooter like mods.

As lifelong multiplayer gamer I know how frustrating it is to see your beloved game and community flounder so you guys all have my sympathies.
Old 2014-11-14, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
docdic
Private

we are 27% there keep it up
Old 2014-11-17, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by bodypopper View Post
but thats the problem.. why bother playing when theres so many hackers?
He's assuming 6 players with GM privileges will be able to police the game.

The idea is fine, but SOE going along with it is very doubtful. Even with a small petition I can't see PS1 ever being revitalized without a huge change of heart from Smed.
Old 2014-11-17, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
bedzike
Corporal

Heres the thing i like the idea of a player driven game. That we can fund. But how many of us actually know anything about game design testing blah blah blah. If we had a group willing to do it i would fund the game. Aslong as the money was put to good use.
Old 2014-11-18, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SArais
Corporal

Then how can we change smed's mind and heart?

Obviously money, right?

Maybe we could ask permission for a kickstarter.
Old 2014-11-18, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
docdic
Private

Originally Posted by SArais View Post
Then how can we change smed's mind and heart?
buy more smedbuks
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion