Things That Make You Log Off (rage quit) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Get down! They're throwing rubber duckies!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-07-30, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Things That Make You Log Off (rage quit)

Curious to see what type of things can happen in the game that frustrate you so much that when they occur you just exit out of the game. This thread isn't a balance whine-fest; I'm not interested in posts like "i log off whenever a sniper headshots me waaah nerf snipers". Don't care.

I'm talking about things that literally can or have just made you quit the game for a minute.

Case in point, about ten minutes ago I logged into the game, already kind of in a sour mood, hopped onto my NC account and spawned a Vanguard at Chac Tech Plant. As my Vanguard spawned and began to roll out of the vehicle bay, an allied Liberator exploded for reasons unknown and its flaming debris showered upon the ground directly in front of the vehicle spawn, right in my path. I figured "huge fucking tank" and so didn't divert. My tank rolled into the flaming debris... and instantly exploded. Kill-card came up, said my ally killed me via his liberator.

Boom. Less than nine seconds, there goes 400 vehicle resources and oh thanks for the 16 minute timer. 50 ton vehicle? No match for some burnt aircraft debris on the ground. Logged out immediately.

Lol. Anyway...

What kind of dumb shit happens in this game that'll make you rage out? Share your pain.
Old 2014-07-30, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
RebeccaQuinones
Private

Re: Things That Make You Log Off (rage quit)

that happened to me the other day after i had pulled a sundy. >.<

Last edited by RebeccaQuinones; 2014-07-30 at 06:33 AM.
Old 2014-07-30, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Nothing in the game makes me "rage quit"....why the rage people, get better and try something different if your struggling...there are other options you know...

My kids not going to bed or waking up & my wife wanting to spend "quality time" pfft..that's a different story....
Old 2014-07-30, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mastodon
Private

Debris blowing up my vehicles is a big one. Watching a chunk of charred sunderer spiral through the air in slow motion, knowing good and well what's going to happen next. The clank of it hitting the roof and then: dead prowler.

Fighting Vanu usually gets me too. It's never instant. I perform markedly worse against Vanu, for whatever reason, and about half an hour of just getting obliterated repeatedly forces me offline. I think it's because the different force elements compliment each other better on that faction. Tanks support infantry pushes and infantry defend vehicles. Maybe it's just frustrating playing against a force that is organized.

Team killing is probably the most frequent source of "well, I didn't want to play that bad anyway". Not bad grenade or crossfire TKs, those are bound to happen, but the reckless TKs. For instance, pulling a burster max to cover a sunderer only to get run over 12 secs later by a harasser that for some inexplicable reason felt the need to scream past the sunderer at full speed just steamrolling 6 people that just spawned or are repairing/defending the spawn point.
Old 2014-07-30, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, as a Reaver pilot I have to say stupid deaths (i.e. an ally flipping you over) only 10 seconds after spawning a Reaver is pretty devastating. If I didn't enjoy sniping so much, I'd have just exited the game.
Old 2014-07-30, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

I don't really ragequit myself either, you rage you lose albeit the vehicle debris bit is annoying as hell lol. What gets me is population. Certain times I just don't bother playing because I know 'exactly' how 'every' fight is going to turn out on Connery.
Old 2014-07-30, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

I don't think i have ever really "ragequit" this game (or any other game for that matter).

However, when i pull a tank and the retarded autodrive-from-vehicle-bay feature makes my mag flip, or when i try to get over something with a mag and it hits a pebble at the wrong angle and explodes for no goddamn reason, or when every single enemy seems to use rocketlaunchers and shotguns ontop of throwing C4 around like candy, then it can happen that i just roll my eyes and log out - actually, that might qualify as "ragequit".

Then again the excitement of a new continent and half-arsed new mechanics has allready worn off anyways and i barely log in anymore again - i usually check if any of my sexy vanu friends are online to handle my halberd (yes, that does sound wrong on purpose ), and if not i'm out. And since PS1 is still that "Hey, botters and dipshits, THIS WAY" bs, more often than not i simply throw a dart on a pic of smed and call it a day.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2014-07-30 at 01:01 PM.
Old 2014-07-30, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Boildown
Sergeant

Internet lag... either on my end (which is rare), or when you're fighting those people who appear laggy on your end but miraculously are able to shoot you just fine. I suppose they are running something on their connection to lag their outbound but not their inbound. I don't see the point in playing when that occurs.

Old 2014-07-31, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

There are a lot of anger-inducing things in PS2 TBH - dying when its seems lag is to blame, losing a MAX or vehicle through what feels like no fault of your own, stupid TKs, etc. etc. but the thing that probably makes me the angriest is rezzing a bunch of people as a medic and then, when I die, nobody returning the favour

Still, overall I agree with KesTro - I don't really ragequit PS2, I generally just log off when I can't find a fun fight any more. Honestly that's the key to me playing the game at all - if I can find fun, balanced fights I'll keep playing for hours - if it's all just us camping them or them camping us, or ghost-capping, then I'm out.

Old 2014-07-31, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Azzzz
Corporal

The 2-4am (pacific) connery VS steamrolling machine that happens every morning. Not really fun to play against a 60%+ pop that decimates everything in it's path.

I even yell out things like....maybe switch factions so we can have some fun? Even up the pops? Hate replies follow suit. Some are quite funny though.

It gets to the point where I switch up toons just to find a fight. As usual though, I normally just hop on my VS toon and join the band wagon. Eventually boredom sets in and log occurs.

For some reason it always has to be that time lol.
Old 2014-07-31, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Canaris
Contributor
General

yeah Boildown is spot on, only thing that makes me rage quit is when lag and desyncing bugs are making the game not enjoyable or unplayable.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2014-07-31 at 03:59 AM.
Old 2014-07-31, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mietz
First Sergeant

-Dying to bullets when you were clearly in cover. I mean when you run past some suppressive fire and some stray bullets hit you, you round a corner, get into cover, squat and die.
This happens a lot for some reason and its obviously some kind of lag thing, even though i have decen 50-70ish ping most of the time.

-Being TKed in a vehicle you just bought 10 seconds ago.

-Joining a completely uncoordinated public platoon where the platoon leader is screaming shit in french or german.
Old 2014-07-31, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Mietz View Post
-Joining a completely uncoordinated public platoon where the platoon leader is screaming shit in french or german.
Great for the immersion factor though.

Old 2014-07-31, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Magriders with stealth and PPAs.

The PPA nerf is absurd. They are INCREASING THE DAMAGE, and nerfing the clip.
BOTH need to be nerfed.

Literally just /ragequit because of this shit. It is insane.
Hovertanks that zoom around with this crap are just bananas to the maximum extent of the law.

Last edited by MaxDamage; 2014-07-31 at 08:07 PM.
Old 2014-07-31, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

firing blanks because of connectivity issue's will get me to quit real quick
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion