Can we please get a non-suck for the Striker? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In Theatres May 2048
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-28, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Can we please get a non-suck for the Striker?

I own a striker, I've got some kills with it. I also realize it's the damned dumbest guided missile in a game... ever.

Why?

Let's start with the face it's 5 rockets to do the damage of one. Looks cool as hell, but functionality? Not so much.

Let's go next with there is zero dumb fire option, would be nice to have that for those "oh shit" close range or hell, anti-max needs.

Finally, for all you Vanu and NC folks out there... if you get fire rockets flying at you... dive. Seriously. Dive towards the ground. The missile salvo at you will follow...

Straight into the dirt. Oh and if we're on anywhere with hills... trees... just fly across a ridge, chances are the missiles will fly right into the damned rocks, trees... towers...

This is not a joke.

I can't tell you how many salvo's I've launched that went straight into the ground.

So, how to fix this mess?

Let's start with a faster lock on time? That would be nice, let's go with tail chase not direction chase? Thanks! Of better yet... Single fire javelin style that goes TOP DOWN on the target? That'd be nice.
Old 2013-03-28, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Re: Can we please get a non-suck for the Striker?

Ya, I thought the striker was going to be pretty sweet so I bought it. I am sadly disappointed... The fly by wire is just a pain in the ass made harder by the recoil of firing the rockets (apparently not a "recoilless rifle"). Add in the fact that even with fly by wire, the rockets like to act like a swarm of retarded geese. If I can keep the lock, can't they just act like all other rockets instead of being sensitive to the smallest twitch? Of all of them, NC got the best deal.
Old 2013-03-28, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Snoopy
Sergeant

The TR are constantly gal dropping squads at the VS warpgate, blowing up anything/everything that leaves.

I agree that (once again) the NC got the best deal... but it could be worse (i.e. you could've got the lancer..)
Old 2013-03-28, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
AThreatToYou
Major

As per stats, the Striker is actually the best point-generator, damage-dealer in the game. While it's probably not the funnest to use compared to phoenix, due to less kills, from what I can see it rakes in the points by raking in the damage.

It might need some adjustments, but it's already very strong. I'd be in favor of a guidance buff for it though.
Old 2013-03-29, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

It seems like every faction is convinced they have the worst ESRL. I didn't bother with the Phoenix, while it certainly seems like the most fun to use it's not very practical in my playstyle, a Decimator will fit the bill just fine.

As for Striker and Lancer. There's been plenty of times already on Connery where TR will camp a defense tower with Striker squads making it impossible for anything less than two platoons to even make it to the tower.

The lancer (at least on my screen) seems to have problems with not producing the 'shoot me please' cyan laser beam which effectively makes it a vehicle sniper rifle. 2 charged shots to the back of a tank is dead.

Don't get me wrong though, I can see why people bitch about the Phoenix too. I guess it all comes down to each of them having different roles to play in different battles where if someones own ESRL doesn't outperform the other they cry OP.

That's my 2 cents, or more like 25 cents I suppose.
Old 2013-03-29, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
PredatorFour
Major

That's funny, as VS i fear the striker. It locks onto my scythe and mag and if you get too close to a couple using them your dead.
Old 2013-03-29, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SonofSkz
Private

OK I would like to say a few things:
The first what you are complaining about is something that happens also with the annihilator, this is going to remain an issue for you as long as you don't learn how to use a lock-on rocket launcher. I'm sorry you just seem to be struggling with the concept, the five rockets plus magazine reload mean you should have a great ttk with the striker. If the lock on time is anything like the annihilator then maybe that could do with being reduced other than that learn to use it properly instead of bitching about the rocket flight mechanics. Also Lancer kicks ass, no tank driver I have met has learnt how to deal with the instant damage at all well apart from flee. Only problem I have with the phoenix is I can't see the rocket to shoot it down most of the time which is supposed to be a feature of it.
Old 2013-03-29, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Canaris
Contributor
General

yeah I'm not seeing it as a TR striker player myself, yes the trajectory of the predictive missile route can be used by good pilots to break lock and it's annoying but that's skill, it could use a tweak to meet somewhere in the middle and little more track and little less predict.

The striker surpassed in 1 day what took me weeks to do with the Annie. It's just straight up better and you won't convince me otherwise.

Could it use a dumbfire mode, yes it could but as long as it's a restricted version less it just become a rocket rifle, have the dumbfire mode make it more like the ML7 (though as a TR I wouldn't have a problem with it, the reason I say restrict it is because the VS & NC would rage something fierce if we had a rapid fire rocket rifle as well as the lock on option.)
The reason it should have a dumbfire option is that the VS & NC both have, the VS's version being inbuilt but the NC's being a clever use of it's vehicle mechanic.

oh and finally if it does get a dumbfire mode of some kind then no OHK infantry like the Phoenix now has, fairs fair.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-03-29 at 06:54 AM.
Old 2013-03-29, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
The TR are constantly gal dropping squads at the VS warpgate, blowing up anything/everything that leaves.

I agree that (once again) the NC got the best deal... but it could be worse (i.e. you could've got the lancer..)
I'm just kevetching at stupid problems. Seeing a lot of Scythe and Reaver pilots flying under 100m now cause they know they get fired on they merely have to dive and the missiles will fly right into the dirt.
Old 2013-03-29, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Assist
Contributor
Major

It's hilarious you guys are complaining about the Striker. Try using the Lancer. I'd put money on you not getting half the amount of kills, or being able to hit half the amount of targets, or doing half the amount of damage.

Sorry, but you guys complaining about not being able to kill an ESF because it's flying low doesn't compare to not being able to kill anything because the Lancer is a giant pile of poop.
Old 2013-03-29, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
It's hilarious you guys are complaining about the Striker. Try using the Lancer. I'd put money on you not getting half the amount of kills, or being able to hit half the amount of targets, or doing half the amount of damage.

Sorry, but you guys complaining about not being able to kill an ESF because it's flying low doesn't compare to not being able to kill anything because the Lancer is a giant pile of poop.
I don't wear purple spandex... so if you guys have a bad ESF I merely giggle, sorry

However, I can bring up my feelings about our Missile Launcher, and in this case the negatives are somewhat ridiculous as hell.
Old 2013-03-29, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
It seems like every faction is convinced they have the worst ESRL.
The most true statement in this whole thread.
Old 2013-03-29, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Best vehicle TTK of any gun...obviously terrible.

2 charged shots to the back of a tank is dead.
I don't know why you'd think that. It does less damage than a Deci and even that doesn't two-hit tanks.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-03-29, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
I don't know why you'd think that. It does less damage than a Deci and even that doesn't two-hit tanks.
Just last night we were spawning tanks from Tawrich Tower and a group of Lancers took us out one by one, "Bang, bang" just like that. Granted I was driving a lightning the Vangaurds didn't fare any better.

Regardless the point of the post was to say that they all shine in situations where others don't.
Old 2013-03-30, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Quadron
Private

Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
I own a striker, I've got some kills with it. I also realize it's the damned dumbest guided missile in a game... ever.

Why?

Let's start with the face it's 5 rockets to do the damage of one. Looks cool as hell, but functionality? Not so much.

Let's go next with there is zero dumb fire option, would be nice to have that for those "oh shit" close range or hell, anti-max needs.

Finally, for all you Vanu and NC folks out there... if you get fire rockets flying at you... dive. Seriously. Dive towards the ground. The missile salvo at you will follow...

Straight into the dirt. Oh and if we're on anywhere with hills... trees... just fly across a ridge, chances are the missiles will fly right into the damned rocks, trees... towers...

This is not a joke.

I can't tell you how many salvo's I've launched that went straight into the ground.

So, how to fix this mess?

Let's start with a faster lock on time? That would be nice, let's go with tail chase not direction chase? Thanks! Of better yet... Single fire javelin style that goes TOP DOWN on the target? That'd be nice.
Currently, these issues are the only thing preventing the striker from being OP against ESFs. If all five rockets hit, it does 80% damage to it. THAT'S INSANE for a single lock-on, and double the damage of the other lockons.

Because of the striker, I've completely abandoned using the scout radar on my reaver because I utterly absolutely have to have flares or I'm dead to the striker in open areas of the map.

Perhaps the better solution would be to reduce the amount of damage and make the rockets hit more consistently. If it only did 50% of damage to my ESF, I wouldn't mind it tracking more precisely, etc. As it stands, I think it's borderline OP in open areas of the map.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion