PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive - Page 22 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bill Gates is the Devil, and someone just ate Apple!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-13, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #316
AncientVanu
Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
IF they are going to do it then do it right and hard core no half assing. I just want them to get this really right cause so many other games have not. And it will be perfectly balanced if they do the AA and fighter/interceptor i.e mosquito right in the game. You will need air superiority established where the gun ships operate cause they won't stand a chance against interceptors but if you can gain control of the air these gunships would be able to be a game changer for outdoor combat and move the battle up to the bases and a excellent companion to the vanguard.
That image is not new, there are many images of the Reaver with combat load in the media section, on this one you can even see the Mosquito armed with rockets/missiles:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...g?hotlink=true

The devs said you can customize the payload of the aircraft in the game, that is you can load them with air-to-ground or air-to-air weapons or both. This will allow to use them in different roles, as interceptors, attack aircraft or multi-role fighters. That goes for the Mosquito as well, it's not going to be a dedicated interceptor. The difference between the Reaver, the Mosquito and the Scythe I expect to be in: speed, shield and hit points values, and maneuverability. I expect the AA and AG weaponry they will use to have some specifics too in terms of damage, ROF, AOE, guidance, etc.

Last edited by AncientVanu; 2012-02-13 at 05:52 AM.
Old 2012-02-13, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #317
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by AncientVanu View Post
That image is not new, there are many images of the Reaver with combat load in the media section, on this one you can even see the Mosquito armed with rockets/missiles:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...g?hotlink=true

The devs said you can customize the payload of the aircraft in the game, that is you can load them with air-to-ground or air-to-air weapons or both. This will allow to use them in different roles, as interceptors, attack aircraft or multi-role fighters. That goes for the Mosquito as well, it's not going to be a dedicated interceptor. The difference between the Reaver, the Mosquito and the Scythe I expect to be in: speed, shield and hit points values, and maneuverability. I expect the AA and AG weaponry they will use to have some specifics too in terms of damage, ROF, AOE, guidance, etc.
That's all perfect. Just don't want them to forget about my guided air to ground hellfire like missiles that kill tanks quick or my exploding 30 mm round nose gun to shred infantry. These things are really important for a useful gunship, please make it so soe.

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-02-13 at 03:59 PM.
Old 2012-02-13, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #318
Ailos
Contributor
Major

OMG! PLZ 2 INCL00D MAH UBERAWESOMEZ FIREBALSS OF DETH! ...cuz non-instakill sux0rz.

What part of the reaver looks like an apache gunship to you? Is it the lack of rotating blades? Or maybe the jet-engine looking intakes?

Yeah its weapons system looks very similar to the Apache:

But so is this:

Why? Because they have similar roles. In the scope of this game, that would be the liberator. The reaver is my attack jet, so fuck off and quit necroing threads.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Old 2012-02-13, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #319
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ailos View Post
OMG! PLZ 2 INCL00D MAH UBERAWESOMEZ FIREBALSS OF DETH! ...cuz non-instakill sux0rz.

What part of the reaver looks like an apache gunship to you? Is it the lack of rotating blades? Or maybe the jet-engine looking intakes?

But so is this:

Why? Because they have similar roles. In the scope of this game, that would be the liberator. The reaver is my attack jet, so fuck off and quit necroing threads.
Well being the Russian Hokum is the Russian counter part of the US Apache because the Hind is old as hell and out of date that's a bad example and you made my point for me. The liberator as stated by the devs was designed after the c-130 attack with a 150 cal gun on the bottom that's totally different from what the Reaver is. Now it appears to me what they are doing is making the aircraft totally modifiable so the Reaver by putting different weapons on it can make it a interceptor to. Which is totally cool and futuristic but I'm just trying to make sure that when it is modded for a ground combat gunship that it works like one. No doubt this is what they where thinking when they put the rotating nose gun on it, some thing totally useless for a interceptor to have.

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-02-13 at 04:55 PM.
Old 2012-02-13, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #320
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Holy thread res batman

The reaver does have the look on a apache about it, its ugly and built for a purpose. However it should remain game like in performance.
Old 2012-02-13, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #321
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Mkay fuck it, I'll risk a ban or another one of many warnings attached to my forum account.

so fuck off and quit necroing threads.
Hey asshole. Stop being such a gigantic cocksucker to new people. Wanna drive off new players?
Old 2012-02-13, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #322
Raymac
Brigadier General

This is OT, but I totally just noticed the dude sitting on the outside of the Apache.

Old 2012-02-13, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #323
ThGlump
Captain

Additional gunner. Havent you play battlefield heroes?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion