AGN: Community Clash FC vs TIW - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I wonder if Hamma still bothers to check these...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-12, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Community Clash FC vs TIW

We are hoping to have it up either late tonight or early tomorrow

When are we going to see Devil Dogs on a CC?!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-09-12, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Boyer
Private

The match was a blast. Props to all the Reach Cast guys for putting it on.

Last edited by Boyer; 2013-09-12 at 02:21 PM.
Old 2013-09-12, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post

When are we going to see Devil Dogs on a CC?!
I've been discussing it for weeks, but this match kept getting postponed. When will Nexus be live?

www.planetside-devildogs.com

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2013-09-12 at 12:06 PM.
Old 2013-09-12, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

The second round should have been reset at 16 and should NOT have been left up to the leaders to decide. "Cause my guys are going to rage quit" is no reason to not run the match fairly. How do you not realize that the points you gained were because the hard sunderer was destroyed? I personally wouldn't want those pity points.

I really think it is going to be hard to find a good matchup for Future Crew. TIW was a good choice given the information they had minus the k/ds being a bit spread. After watching this show I'd only put them up against one of the elite outfits that has also won a clash.

Great show Community Clash! Was a pretty stressful one and you guys handled it well.

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2013-09-12, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Great show Hamma/AGN crew, this show is the one that has finally sold the idea of MLG Planetside to me. It was a blast to watch, even with all the hiccups.. Few suggestions... some you mentioned, but just to reiterate:

1) Scoreboard
2) The player perspective cameras to have their names showing somewhere, they can just stick them on the screen using a default font in a place you suggest

Great work by FC, i had you guys nailed down to win it. Unlucky TiW, i empathize with you, balance needs to improve to make PS2 work in MLG.
Old 2013-09-12, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
2) FC dominating TiW is not what I expected.
Care to elaborate on why you expected it to go the other way?
Old 2013-09-12, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Hamma
PSU Admin

Great Suggestions Snipe!

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I've been discussing it for weeks, but this match kept getting postponed. When will Nexus be live?
You will be waiting a while I think. One thing we are getting is a private server for these matches that will have fully unlocked chars. Something you should definitely be a part of

Old 2013-09-12, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Boyer
Private

Private servers sound nice.
Old 2013-09-12, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Hamma
PSU Admin

Indeed, it makes it much more fair for everyone involved and much easier for us to manage. It's not battle islands but it's a closed off area where we have free reign. Which in the end is all we really need, Battle Islands will be nice but this will work too.

Old 2013-09-12, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Great Suggestions Snipe!

You will be waiting a while I think. One thing we are getting is a private server for these matches that will have fully unlocked chars. Something you should definitely be a part of
Nice! We've been discussing it, our Competitive Match Team coordinator is very busy with RL ATM, so we're lagging.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-09-12, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

I am a fond believer that outfit synergy is > sheer player skill (e.g. stacking an outfit with high K/Ds).

I've known FC for nearly a decade. Not only do they have killers, but they have synergy. That is a very dangerous combination.

There are really three things that win in planetside higher level competition:

1) Raw Skill, both support and offense
2) Outfit synergy (do you know your teammates, do they trust you? can you read their mind)
3) Leadership/Tactics. Do you have strong leaders who can keep cool and adjust the plan and outsmart the other team. (Can you predict the OTHER team and counter)

Every outfit has their strengths and weaknesses. Playing to your strengths is good, but you need balance the three things I mentioned above.

Point being: at the end of the day its not all about your individual player stats. It certainly helps to have individually really good players, but anyone can killfarm.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

Last edited by Sardus; 2013-09-12 at 05:07 PM.
Old 2013-09-12, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
I am a fond believer that outfit synergy is > sheer player skill (e.g. stacking an outfit with high K/Ds).

I've known FC for nearly a decade. Not only do they have killers, they have synergy. That is a very dangerous combination.

There are really three things that win in planetside higher level competition:

1) Raw Skill, both support and offense
2) Outfit synergy (do you know your teammates, do they trust you? can you read their mind)
3) Leadership/Tactics. Do you have strong leaders who can keep cool and adjust the plan and outsmart the other team. (Can you predict the OTHER team and counter)

Every outfit has their strengths and weaknesses. Playing to your strengths is good, but you need balance the three things I mentioned above.
Which is why the result last night really shouldn't be that much of a surprise. To a player TIW might have some decent kill whores but on average FC is better. TIW have a decent ability to work together and can certainly stomp an unorganized zerg, but FC does this much better. Tactics that go without saying as well. FC having unsaid, unwritten ways of doing things in a group is pretty astounding. You take a bunch of guys that even if you play with them, and know they are not cheating you still wonder just how they kill so many so fast, THEN put them together in an organized group? yeah...
Old 2013-09-12, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Great Suggestions Snipe!

That is freaken awesome. With your own private server who the hell needs a battle island?

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2013-09-12, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by NUKABAZOOKA View Post
Care to elaborate on why you expected it to go the other way?
Easily. First reread my first post in thread on the first page.

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
I gotta say I've never seen Future Crew fight before.

I'm anxious how they stack up against TIW (and to be fair) vice versa.

This better be a battle royale.
What that simply means is I'm not expecting (what my opinion is ) is to be the strongest, stacked NC outfit to be dominated.

You're reading wayyy too much into this lol.
Old 2013-09-12, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
What I saw was:
FC is here since day one, fighting side by side since day one, they know each member on the outfit by his real name. They know what anyone is good at and make specialization in roles to work good. They use military talking and strategy.
TIW is a reunion all top 100 leaderboard players on waterson, they come from multiple outfits, most of then are on TIW no longer then two months.
They play several roles, because when everyone is BR 100, they are tired of doing farming and they are trying new stuff and they lose his specialization role with that. TIW is just feared because they only move in big groups with big guns, it is common to see TIW doing max crashers to defend a tower, and they always rush to the enemy sunderer, normal outfit don´t have that many resouces or numbers to stop then, and we can´t forget they always have players with BR lower then 100 playing with medics and engineers just to keep then alive, I call those guys, TI slaves.
Always camp a TIW body, it is sure medics are coming to resurrect him if he is BR 100.
Quite obvious from the video, FC knows weaknesses and counters too. They used rocket launchers on NC Maxes. C4 are harder to use on TR and VS maxes, so rocket launchers are the only viable counter on tight corridors and door entrances.

They came up with the initial strategy to spawn contain, but they didn't even bring HAs with a dumbfire RL to suppress the VS Max. Those MAx/Engie/Medic combo is not going to do crap against multiple Maxes plus a bevy of organized flankers because all the dps they've got are the short ranged Maxes.

Again, imo, skillwise the gap is not that big. It's the organization is where FC truly shines. This again leads me to thinking about a future battle againts NUC.

NUC is also highly adaptable. They don't adapt as quickly on the fly though. I see their adaptation probably happen in a day. If a couple of bad things happen to them (something they've never experienced before), maybe in the next encounter, they've already devised a counter. So, I see their ability to adapt to situation becoming more ingrained day by day.

Having said that, I haven't seen FC's combine arms gameplay. That's where NUC excel with the dominant HE, Marauder, Vulcan plus their air suppression/cover abilities with Mossies and Libs.

Imo, the weakness of NUC is they avoid the really heavily fortified bases. On yesterday's alert, they've resecured the pallisade from being capped. NC was waiting on the next tower. The rest of the TR attacked and got slaughtered, they didn't join. They much rather have catching a base off guard with a Galaxy drop and then having a solid base capture point secure and/or spawn containment.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion