News: Breast Cancer Awareness Month Charity Play-athon: October 26th-27th - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't be in your boxxorz around Yuyi
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-03, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MagnmStallion
Private

Breast Cancer Awareness Month Charity Play-athon: October 26th-27th

Good morning folks,
666, TRG, CASH, and OP4 are pleased to present a huge Connery-wide (and any other servers who wish to join in as well) 24-hour event to support the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

So, what exactly are we planning? A 24-hour marathon squad? A bunch of Galaxies wrestling? Even more Galaxies chasing one lone ESF with the intent of satisfying their space-whale hunger? King-of-the-hill matches? What if I told you we were planning ALL of that, and more? Because it's true. This is going to be one of those charity carnivals, done up in true Planetside 2 style.

A roster of events:
1) An all-female platoon that is going to play for 24 straight hours. Those familiar with charity runs know how this works: you pledge to donate if they reach certain score or time benchmarks.

-------------------

2) Carnival events. If you're a participant, have fun and hopefully give a small donation for being in it If you're watching, bet on a player to win! The losers pledge to donate their bet amounts to the charity fund. Our events are currently:
-MAX boxing
-Galaxy Wrestling
-ESF Swatting (trying to get the ram kill on an ESF in a Galaxy)
-Flash Swatting (trying to get the ram kill on a Flash in a Sunderer)
-Light Assault knife fighting

-------------------

3) Streamer Challenge: If you will be streaming during the day, we have rules for streamers to enter themselves into a competition for a 12k SC prize! First, the pledging rules:
-Kills: You pledge to give a fraction of the kills a streamer makes during their stream. Ex: Grovzny kills 120 people. I pledge to give at a rate of 1:1, so I have pledged to give $120.

-Score: You pledge to give a fraction of the total score of a streamer during their session. Ex: Grovzny earns 200k. I pledge to give at a rate of 1:1000, so I have pledged to give $200.

-Vendetta: You pledge to give a multiple of the number of times the streamer kills a specific player. Ex: I pledge to give 10x the number of times Grovzny kills Rhekka. He kills him 4 times, so I give $40.

-Weapon Kills: You pledge to a give a fraction of the number of kills a player earns with a specific weapon. Ex: I pledge to give at a rate of 2:1 for every kill Grovzny makes with his Shrike. He kills 50 players with it, so I give $100.

The prize package goes to the streamer who brings in the most money from their backers!

--------------------

4) Just giving for the hell of it. If you know somebody who has or had breast cancer, show your support by giving in their name.

--------------------

5) Alerts and combat events: Bet on which side will win an event and the losers donate their bets to the fund.

--------------------

Thank you for reading, and we hope you turn out on the 26th to take part! The donation link can be found at this GoFundMe, and please publicize it to your outfits and followers on social media! Please PM me or LadyShade (666) if you are interested in taking part in the multi-stream or being entered into the streamer competition.

V/r,
MagnmStallion (CASH Outfit Lead)

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-10-14 at 06:56 PM.
Old 2013-10-06, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Breast Cancer Awareness Event and Fundraiser

This is the donation page for the CASH/666/TRG/OP4 Breast Cancer Awareness Month play-athon on Connery!

So what is a play-athon? It's a 24-hour Planetside 2 event where each moment we will be hosting events to help raise money for breast cancer research. From pledges to streamers to betting on certain competitions, we will be raising money for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Support your fellow NC, TR, or VS in the fight against the real Fourth Faction, breast cancer, by pledging to support your favorite streamer, betting on our competitive events, or just participating in the day's events and showing solidarity!

Sincerely,
MagnmStallion (CASH), LadyShade (666), Oblivion (TRG), TheLostLenore (OP4), and everybody else who has put in the time to plan this event.

http://www.gofundme.com/BCAMplayathon

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-10-06, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Breast Cancer Awareness Event and Fundraiser

I suppose a war cry of 'Save the titties!' would be inappropriate. Either way, good luck!

Check Coles Specials and Big W Catalogue.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-10-08, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MagnmStallion
Private

A quick link over to some extra info about the event:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=56755
Old 2013-10-13, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

breast cancer gets enough money and publicity.

Do one for prostate cancer for a change and we can talk.

I'm tired of all male-oriented institutions and groups going hooray for tits, it's time we took care of our own.

Breast cancer is a valid cause but frankly it's overfunded, and given the recent incident of a man who went to SIX different clinics which were advertising free sessions due to breast cancer awareness event and was turned away because he was a MAN, I refuse to give any money or moral support to breast cancer funds until this imbalance is addressed.

Breast cancer is also something increasingly on the agenda of "girl power"/radfem women who like to rub their pink stink in traditionally/naturally male oriented environments; while offering no such support for mens issues.

Last edited by MaxDamage; 2013-10-13 at 12:12 AM.
Old 2013-10-13, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post

I'm tired of all male-oriented institutions and groups going hooray for tits, it's time we took care of our own.

Breast cancer is a valid cause but frankly it's overfunded, and given the recent incident of a man who went to SIX different clinics which were advertising free sessions due to breast cancer awareness event and was turned away because he was a MAN, I refuse to give any money or moral support to breast cancer funds until this imbalance is addressed.

Breast cancer is also something increasingly on the agenda of "girl power"/radfem women who like to rub their pink stink in traditionally/naturally male oriented environments; while offering no such support for mens issues.
Stop shoving stuff up your arse and your prostate will be fine .

Boob hater !
Old 2013-10-13, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Yea im with you. Women can do checks and are more aware of whats practically in front of them.

Most blokes would 'jog off/brush off' potential signs. I don't know a lot about the prostate cancer so it shows

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2013-10-13, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Crator
Major General

I was always a bit confused why there's such a push for breast cancer awareness only. My guess has always been that it's simple to detect over other types of cancers... I've read that there's risk of spreading existing cancer's during screening which is what hinders the push to proactively try and detect them. Of course, this is not ideal because typically cancer caught early can be treated easier...

Last edited by Crator; 2013-10-13 at 08:02 AM.
Old 2013-10-14, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm going to merge this thread into the main thread, there will be a news post tomorrow as well as some more social media stuff between now and the event.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-10-15, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Breast Cancer Awareness Month Charity Play-athon: October 26th-27th

And posted! Gaming for a great cause.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-10-15, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
LadyShade
Private

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I'm not sure why everyone is hating on our CHARITY event... a) Men can get breast cancer too b) November is Prostate cancer awareness month ( http://prostatecancer.ca/Get-Involve...r#.Ul3MJRCULxI ) c) I challenge all you haters to plan your own prostate cancer event! There is no reason you cant, we are all community members planning this just like you! If you need help getting started email me [email protected]

-LadyShade
Old 2013-10-16, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Osskscosco
Corporal

Originally Posted by LadyShade View Post
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I'm not sure why everyone is hating on our CHARITY event... a) Men can get breast cancer too b) November is Prostate cancer awareness month ( http://prostatecancer.ca/Get-Involve...r#.Ul3MJRCULxI ) c) I challenge all you haters to plan your own prostate cancer event! There is no reason you cant, we are all community members planning this just like you! If you need help getting started email me [email protected]

-LadyShade
They are just mad cuz can't pee.
Old 2013-11-19, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by LadyShade View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is hating on our CHARITY event... a) Men can get breast cancer too
A concerned man in America went to SIX clinics this year during breast cancer awareness month, that were offering free checkups because of the month and was turned away from all of them. So your comment becomes irrelevant when there are sexist double standards being held and men do not receive the same chance offered to women.

b) November is Prostate cancer awareness month ( http://prostatecancer.ca/Get-Involve...r#.Ul3MJRCULxI ) c) I challenge all you haters to plan your own prostate cancer event! There is no reason you cant, we are all community members planning this just like you! If you need help getting started email me [email protected]

-LadyShade
The language "haters" is your choice, no one is "hating" on breast cancer suffering, we all have women we love and it's a great cause - it is simply disproportionately supported by men and women alike. I admit I saw "lets raise money for breast cancer!", missing the fact that it was awareness month, so my original post is really not something I'd say if I'd read the thread title properly. I support initiatives to improve the health of women and men. It's just daft that they keep trying to get predominantly male organisations/groups to lead the charge; whilst half the feminists behind them continue to blame men for all of lifes ills.

Well November/Movember came and no similar initiative came about.

To add insult to injury they released a new hood ornament (a moustache) but offered none of the proceeds to go to any men's health charity (so its a PURE CASH GRAB on a symbol of Movember).

Imagine if they released pink ribbon decals for breast cancer awareness month and then took all the money!

Last edited by MaxDamage; 2013-11-19 at 05:08 PM.
Old 2013-11-19, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

A concerned man in America went to SIX clinics this year during breast cancer awareness month, that were offering free checkups because of the month and was turned away from all of them. So your comment becomes irrelevant when there are sexist double standards being held and men do not receive the same chance offered to women.

It's just daft that they keep trying to get predominantly male organisations/groups to lead the charge; whilst half the feminists behind them continue to blame men for all of lifes ills.
Only daft thing here is you bringing unnecessary drama into a thread about a charity event. Don't like it? Don't support it. Simple as.
This thread is not for discussing gender issues.

Well November/Movember came and no similar initiative came about.
Then try getting people together in order to have such an event. Don't blame others for their initiative.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-10-15, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ailos
Contributor
Major

I'll see what if we can get some folks from the TR side of things involved. I expect we would have at least a couple willing participants in IronFist - possibly streamers, too. Posted on our forums, will get back with more info.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion