EU servers down for 12 hours, 16th Jan - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: May cause damage if directly exposed to retina
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-01-16, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info
EU servers down for 12 hours, 16th Jan

Wow,

I've just read that the EU servers are going down for "maintenance" at 5 PM PT (2 AM CET) today.

linky - https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...6-2014.167897/

Actually, I'm confused.com

She says "5PM" which would mean the 16th for the USA, as the post suggests. If the 2AM CET is before that then the maintenance must have happened already because I logged on okay this morning...

I know it's simple "math" but I can't get my head around these timezones sometimes
Old 2014-01-16, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Re: EU servers down for 12 hours, 16th Jan

smaller, shorter and smoother updates.... buhahahahaha

Servers went down today at 3pmCET and this is in addition. It's 21:25CET and they are still down. So it'll be 24hours of down time.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.

Last edited by Mastachief; 2014-01-16 at 02:25 PM.
Old 2014-01-16, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
smaller, shorter and smoother updates.... buhahahahaha

Servers went down today at 3pmCET and this is in addition. It's 21:25CET and they are still down. So it'll be 24hours of down time.
On an unrelated note...

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-01-16, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
War Barney
Sergeant Major

<sigh> its 8 hours of downtime right through the middle of prime time for europe so far... are we going to get a day of double exp as the servers have basically been down the entire day. The only people who will have got a chance to play today are people with no jobs as even kids are at school, even if they get the servers up in the next half hour people with jobs and school aren't going to have time to play.

I know they don't care about the EU and see us as inferior scum but they could at least try to pretend they don't think that and not utterly screw us with these badly timed updates. Is it really impossible to do updates for US and EU servers separately?
Old 2014-01-16, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I just happened to get up for my midnight pee and thought I'd switch my lappy on and see how the servers were.

Out of eight servers only Mattherson and Waterson are up. All the others are still "LOCKED."

This is just ridiculous. Yet again I am screwed over for my passive certs and as a so called "premium" member that is shite. Yeah, I know, I can go play for a few hours to make up for my lost certs, but that ain't the point, as far as I'm concerned.

I can only hope that the EU servers are at least back up for a bit around the time I get up for work in the morning :/

Last edited by synkrotron; 2014-01-16 at 06:23 PM.
Old 2014-01-16, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
OCNSethy
Major

I cant wait until Snoopson posts a vid about this... he wil go ballistic!
Old 2014-01-16, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I feel like going ballistic myself, but what is the point. You would get the same response standing and shouting at a large rock.

I have to remember that, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter, at least not to me.

So, I loose a few more certs, on top of the ones I have lost due to previous updates. Big deal... It's only money, and passive certs are only a part of the deal of being a premium member.

As it happens, and this is nothing to do with the "state of the game," I was not going to re-sub once my six month membership ran out. I got the six month membership to get the 48 certs a day so that I could at least get some decent bits and pieces for my character. I've currently got 5000 certs in the bank and 1000 SC left to spend so I'm in a good place anyway at the moment.

I've also got two free 100% boosts to use up too. The problem with those is hitting the button at the right time and certainly not around an update FFS.

As it happens, here I am having my breakfast, and only once more server, Briggs, is up and running. All the others are either showing "LOCKED" or "MAINT."

Got to go to work. I only work half a day on Friday and I'll get home mid day. I'll log on again and see what the state of the servers are. If Ceres is up, great, I'll get the 33 more kills I need for my Longshot Auraxium medal.

If Ceres is still down, WTF... I've been neglecting real life stuff these last few months, because of this game, so I'll go get that hair cut, take my motorbike in for its MOT (weather permitting), play my guitar for a bit, tidy my "games" room up, take the dog for a walk........................
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion