News: Sony Online Announces SOE Live. Will you attend? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Everything is better through a straw!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-26, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Sony Online Announces SOE Live. Will you attend?

SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES SOE LIVE

Annual Event Connects Fans with the People Behind the Games this October

SAN DIEGO - March 26, 2012 - Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced that its annual fan event will now be called SOE LIVE and will take place at Bally's in Las Vegas, October 18-21, 2012. An annual SOE-sponsored event, SOE Live is set to be the ultimate gathering for the SOE community, and provides players an opportunity to celebrate their favorite games across SOE's portfolio of titles, including: DC Universe™ Online, EverQuest®, EverQuest II, Free Realms®, Magic: The Gathering - Tactics®, PlanetSide® 2, Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™ and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes®.

"The 'SOE Live' name change represents a deeper meaning behind our annual event," said Laura Naviaux, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales, Sony Online Entertainment. "As our game portfolio continues to expand, we wanted to better represent our diverse player base and games, including the newest additions to the SOE family, with DC Universe Online, Free Realms, Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, and the highly anticipated PlanetSide 2. Previous event attendees can rest assured that we are not removing any of our established activities in order to accommodate the new players; rather, they can expect even more to make this the ultimate SOE fan experience."

SOE Live reflects the belief that all SOE players are part of one extended family and presents an opportunity for fans of all ages to meet the talented people behind some of the online world's most successful games. In addition to a slew of social events, SOE will host developer panel discussions and game-themed live events, giving attendees a chance to voice their opinions of current and upcoming game content. SOE Live will also feature exclusive access to new announcements and beta programs, tournaments, premium swag and more.

For more information, visit http://www.soe.com/soelive/.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...-live-2728.htm

Do you plan on attending SOE Live now that it is more focused on all SOE games?

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-03-26 at 02:49 PM.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vancha
Colonel

Re: Sony Online Announces SOE Live. Will you attend?

What a terrible name. "SOEL" works, I guess ("soul", phonetically).

Fan faire's far more attractive than "SOE Live", though. Fan faire sounds warmer, more personal/informal. SOE Live sounds more like a corporate show than a convention/festival.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
What a terrible name. "SOEL" works, I guess ("soul", phonetically).

Fan faire's far more attractive than "SOE Live", though. Fan faire sounds warmer, more personal/informal. SOE Live sounds more like a corporate show than a convention/festival.
I agree, fan-fair is definitely more inviting than SOEL.

Not that I've been to or will go to either.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
I agree, fan-fair is definitely more inviting than SOEL.

Not that I've been to or will go to either.
I disagree, I think SOE Live is a much better name. Sounds like it will take some time to get used to the new name, but hey, Fan Faire is pretty much dominated by EQ and Galaxies, so it's a nice change for our demographic.

As for attending, always nice to get out to Vegas and hang out. I have family there as well, but Summer is just right for me. Don't know if I can get away in October.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-26, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Considering I am a helicopter pilot in training and my instructor is also a PC gamer, I will be trying to attend this. Me and him have set up my "cross country" flight from Utah to this time frame and we will be taking our R22 Robinson helicopter down there to Vegas (Just over an hour flight) to attend this. Pretty sweet right?

I know ill be really tired from the flight though, flying choppers is a very strenuous task, and I am on instrument training now... So ill be literally flying blind the entire time off my helicopter instruments.

And yes during our hours of flight together with nothing to talk about, I bring up planetside and planetside 2 and just how awesome its going to be. He has never played PS1, but I have him signed up for PS2 and he watches PSU, so he might reply on here =)

Last edited by Synapses; 2012-03-26 at 03:30 PM.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

If there were a reasonable range equivalent in Europe then I sure would. Flying out to the states is a bit much unfortunately.

Sounds like it'll be a fun time for all though.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-26, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Synapses View Post
Considering I am a helicopter pilot in training and my instructor is also a PC gamer, I will be trying to attend this. Me and him have set up my "cross country" flight from Utah to this time frame and we will be taking our R22 Robinson helicopter down there to Vegas (Just over an hour flight) to attend this. Pretty sweet right?

I know ill be really tired from the flight though, flying choppers is a very strenuous task, and I am on instrument training now... So ill be literally flying blind the entire time off my helicopter instruments.

And yes during our hours of flight together with nothing to talk about, I bring up planetside and planetside 2 and just how awesome its going to be. He has never played PS1, but I have him signed up for PS2 and he watches PSU, so he might reply on here =)

Just land in the middle of the whole thing, instantly become the coolest guy there.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
Just land in the middle of the whole thing, instantly become the coolest guy there.
HAHA this is a great idea however as a student pilot not the best idea =P

How sick would that be though, id even be wearing my NC swag and higs would be like "zomg sign my shirt *slurp slurp*.

Kidding higs =)

EDIT: Awesome right up until security arrested me rofl.

Last edited by Synapses; 2012-03-26 at 03:37 PM.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Raymac
Brigadier General

hmmmm it's my birthday weekend....and in Vegas. I may have to try to make this happen.

Old 2012-03-26, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Do it Ray, ill even let you and Higs sit in the copper because your my NC brethren. We will proceed by chasing after TR fanboys with my awesome said chopper.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-26, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

I've been to almost every major gaming show done in the US and have done Fan Faire at least 6 times (3 as an employee). This is hands down one of the best shows I've been to. Why? Glad you asked!
  • Smaller - Realistically only a few thousand people can attend the event. This provides a more intimate setting where you aren't washed away in a sea of people and poor hygiene (thanks Comic Con).
  • More Developers - A large portion of our company goes to the show. While many of them are there for panels and to support other initiatives one of their big goals is to hang out and talk with players about the game. It's hard to understand until you've had that moment where you sit down with a game designer or programmer and find out they are just normal people with a cool job.
  • Full Schedule - Most shows run like 10-5 and send you on your merry for the evening. This show runs events for the entire time including a large suite of gaming machines we make available if you want to play your favorite SOE game.
  • It's Vegas - Seriously. Do you need an excuse to hit Vegas? If so, this is a good one.
  • History - This show has been going for nearly a decade and there are folks from all over the country who come every single year. For some this is the only time they see their virtual friends in real life. It's a lot of fun for us to watch as an employee.

The details still aren't finalized on format and what will be available but this is a big year for PS2 and I can guarantee some cool things will be there including the Dev team.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I've been to almost every major gaming show done in the US and have done Fan Faire at least 6 times (3 as an employee). This is hands down one of the best shows I've been to. Why? Glad you asked!
  • Smaller - Realistically only a few thousand people can attend the event. This provides a more intimate setting where you aren't washed away in a sea of people and poor hygiene (thanks Comic Con).
  • More Developers - A large portion of our company goes to the show. While many of them are there for panels and to support other initiatives one of their big goals is to hang out and talk with players about the game. It's hard to understand until you've had that moment where you sit down with a game designer or programmer and find out they are just normal people with a cool job.
  • Full Schedule - Most shows run like 10-5 and send you on your merry for the evening. This show runs events for the entire time including a large suite of gaming machines we make available if you want to play your favorite SOE game.
  • It's Vegas - Seriously. Do you need an excuse to hit Vegas? If so, this is a good one.
  • History - This show has been going for nearly a decade and there are folks from all over the country who come every single year. For some this is the only time they see their virtual friends in real life. It's a lot of fun for us to watch as an employee.

The details still aren't finalized on format and what will be available but this is a big year for PS2 and I can guarantee some cool things will be there including the Dev team.
You've been to Blizzcon and think the SOE Live will be better Radar? Be honest with me on this, because I love blizzcon and if you honestly think the SOE Live will be better I really will be there.
Old 2012-03-26, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Vegas is stii to far especially being in th middle of the semester for me. At least I have pax east by me to go to. I'll probably consider going once I'm done with school though.
Old 2012-03-26, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Knocky
Major

Still wrong side of country so no attending for me.
Old 2012-03-26, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin

I hope to go again this year with PS2 picking up.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion