PS going FTP - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't turn around.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-04-15, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

Re: PS going FTP

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I'd still like to know how they managed to patch in those bugs when there is no dev support.
I've seen you comment about this multiple times in the past few weeks and I wonder the same, i had an issue where i couldn't even adjust my mouse sensitivity. It was like playing on high sensitivity with a DPI of 8000, in short playing was not possible.

But how did these bugs come about? I haven't seen any official report or statement from SOE even acknowledging the bugs exist.(If there are please link me)

Could this be the reason its going FTP? They don't have devs who know how to fix it and you can't sell a game for $15 a month if its broken i suppose.

Perhaps someone from the outside was able to compromise the server and SOE won't announce the strike. Maybe more account info was stolen and they don't want all that bad PR AGAIN. All speculation i suppose.
Old 2014-04-16, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

They pushed the release date back AGAIN! Seriously, what the hell is going on here?

26th now. Though at this rate, I'll believe it when it happens. >_<
Old 2014-04-16, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
BeatCrazed
Private

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
They pushed the release date back AGAIN! Seriously, what the hell is going on here?

26th? Can we get a source on this please? The sony all access faq still says 23rd.
Old 2014-04-16, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by BeatCrazed View Post
26th? Can we get a source on this please? The sony all access faq still says 23rd.
A outfit member on the outfit forum. And I misread. It's 23rd. But still, another pushed back date.
Old 2014-04-16, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by SgtMAD View Post
I will bet that they retasked the servers holding the caves and that caused a cascade effect that resulted in the bugs we saw,everyone knows that the code for PS is a huge mess
Possibly, though that seems less likely than internal sabotage... maybe I'm too damn jaded lol

Old 2014-04-16, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Arkaiden
Private

I don't care if the caves are broke as long as they're all neutral. Vanu having to deal with TR and NC having most of the caves made defending so boring since we were constantly getting backhacked in the middle of conts.
Old 2014-04-16, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SgtMAD View Post
WINNAR!!!!!!!!!!
Do I get a prize?

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2014-04-18, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Provided everything doesn't go tits up, Nobel and RoyAwesome have said they're looking at doing another Planetside Day!

As mentioned here

Keep on the lookout!

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-04-18, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
Hehateme
Private

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
Provided everything doesn't go tits up, Nobel and RoyAwesome have said they're looking at doing another Planetside Day!

As mentioned here

Keep on the lookout!
Is this the enclave? Because last time they did they got owned and then left an hour later. Shame because I was really pushing for them to make it a weekly thing. Hopefully they'll have more patience this time around.
Old 2014-04-18, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
gerbsy
Private

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post

It's now: "Wednesday, April 23 or earlier"
Old 2014-04-18, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
Skittles
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Do I get a prize?
Yeah,

Both you and SgtMad both get prizes as well as anyone else that thinks theres going to be any support of any type for PS1.

It'll be a "Delusional Zealot" badge to be worn on your sleeves like all the other badges. (colors to be determined).

You/Mad saying theres going to be some kind of GM support has as much weight as myself saying there isn't, and to say otherwise is as much internet fact production as debating music, religion, politics and best looking catagories of various movie stars/models.

Simply hitting "Submit Reply" doesn't make it a fact.
Old 2014-04-18, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
bedzike
Corporal

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post

As mentioned here

Keep on the lookout!

like the other guys said buzz got off after he got mad every1 was killing him on the other factions like he was supposed to be the king and not shot at. I killed him sent him a tell saying where is the others, and he response they aren't coming since this game is shit. no he was mad he couldn't kill any1. I think I saw him kill 1 person that was after grenade spam for like 10 mins. so no we don't want that cry baby little girl to come back and say im bring 100 people when he brought himself and everyone in ps1 laughed him off the game. rather not watch a grown man cry himself to bed again after a day like that.

Are best bet is to get the big ps1 outfits to come back. simple and ask players to stream it. again simple. also ask the top ranks on ps2 like daddy, hondadude and the others. I don't think they would mind trying out ps1 not like there going to lose there ranks

Last edited by bedzike; 2014-04-18 at 04:53 PM.
Old 2014-04-18, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
Yeah,

Both you and SgtMad both get prizes as well as anyone else that thinks theres going to be any support of any type for PS1.

It'll be a "Delusional Zealot" badge to be worn on your sleeves like all the other badges. (colors to be determined).

You/Mad saying theres going to be some kind of GM support has as much weight as myself saying there isn't, and to say otherwise is as much internet fact production as debating music, religion, politics and best looking catagories of various movie stars/models.

Simply hitting "Submit Reply" doesn't make it a fact.
I never claimed it would be a fact, but evidence gives my opinion a great deal more weight than yours.

Delusional would imply that my claim is going against superior evidence. Fact is, evidence strongly suggests that the game will still receive GM support.

Zealot would imply that I am fanatical and uncompromising. I am simply stating my opinion based on evidence.

Delusional Zealot seems to fit you more than myself or SgtMad.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2014-04-23, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Anyone else getting this error message ?

Error NBE-1013: We have detected there is a problem with access to this game. Please "click here" for possible solutions.
Old 2014-04-23, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
dephresh
Private

Originally Posted by Chefkoch View Post
Anyone else getting this error message ?

Yep... its the error you get when you try to sign in with an account that does not currently have a planetside monthly subscription or Station pass. After (Now hopefully April 29th... [ffs stop postponing this]) it will go free to play and it will no longer matter if you have a subscription and anyone should be able to log in.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion