'Unfair' or 'Overpowered' weapons. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-03, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Sputty
Banned

IMO the Guass is better than the cycler. It's why I have so many in my locker right now and I often get a yearning to play some NC.
Jackhammer is easily the best HA weapon. I think the Chaingun is useless in it's current strength have the same power per bullet as a Cycler and firing faster but less accurately and cewing up all the ammo you have in like 8 seconds while not hitting anything. Bah, doesn't matter anyway. I'll stick with my Cycler and charge you Guasses like a madman to win.
Old 2003-06-03, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Led

Originally posted by Knuckles
Good Lord.

Care to let us, the less l33t ones, in on some of the 'secrets of Your trade'?
Fighting spirit
Old 2003-06-03, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Knuckles
Staff Sergeant

Now don't get me wrong, Led.

I have loads of fighting spirit. The general vicinity of me reeks of adrenaline and testosterone when I am playing PS. I growl. I howl. I curse, spit and grit my teeth. Yesterday I got so mad at a lost 1 on 1 against a terran mini gun that I smashed my fist down hard onto the table top - twice!... Almost broke my fist.

But do I rack in da kills?

Nope.

Still struggling at sub 700 here.

(But I do recognize Your post being written in jest. I am not that dumb... yet. )

Oh... One more thing: gernade
Old 2003-06-03, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Plato
Sergeant

I have much respect for the gauss rifle. I trade my cycler in for it every time. Not because the gauss is a better weapon but rather because it often confuses the enemy just enough to take them out that little bit easier.

The gauss rifle is basically a cycler w/ a 30 round clip, better damage, slightly less accurate less ROF and greater kick.

The two rifles are very well balanced. Just remember the kick of the gauss and you'll rack up the kills.

Cycler

SHORT - Good
MEDIUM - Good
LONG - Fair

Gauss

SHORT - Good
MEDIUM - Great
LONG - Poor
Old 2003-06-03, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Sputty
Banned

Originally posted by Plato
I have much respect for the gauss rifle. I trade my cycler in for it every time. Not because the gauss is a better weapon but rather because it often confuses the enemy just enough to take them out that little bit easier.

The gauss rifle is basically a cycler w/ a 30 round clip, better damage, slightly less accurate less ROF and greater kick.

The two rifles are very well balanced. Just remember the kick of the gauss and you'll rack up the kills.

Cycler

SHORT - Good
MEDIUM - Good
LONG - Fair

Gauss

SHORT - Good
MEDIUM - Great
LONG - Poor
Heh, the Guass has a tighter CoF and recoil than the Cycler. Also, it's better at long ranges. The Cycler is great at short range because you can full auto and hit that way. All other times the Guass is better. More powerful and less recoil make it a far better gun at anything but short range.
Old 2003-06-03, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

The striker needs some fixing in the sense that right now it's being carried on virtually every TR soldier's back for a good reason.

Other than that, most weapons are fine. The new Jackhammer's effective but not overpowered.
Old 2003-06-03, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

The only way to get a high number of kills is to play. If you play 8 hours a day... you will have an insane amount of kills.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-06-03, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Led

Originally posted by Knuckles

(But I do recognize Your post being written in jest. I am not that dumb... yet. )
I was serious
Old 2003-06-03, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

I still do not understand why you cannot drive the Thresher or Magrider in 3rd person.. I am a magrider about 80% of the time i play and I ALWAYS ALWAYS drive it in 3rd person. Just steer with the mouse and strafe with the keyboard.. it is different but remarkably effective once you get used to it. Just pracitice it more 8)
Old 2003-06-03, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

How do you aim your magrider gun in 3rd person?

Old 2003-06-03, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The only real Problem I have is with reavers and strykers and since anyone can get a reaver I suppouse they're "fair" but strykers are way unfair at least in the eyes of a NC soldier. sure we can control our rocket but that doesnt mean crap when it takes like 30 seconds or more to fire off three where as with a striker you can fire off three in like 5-10 seconds. Not to mention the pheonix rocket flys slow as hell, I can barely catch up to a friggen galaxy!!!
Old 2003-06-03, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
gospadin
Private

A huge advantage to the Vanu Maxes is those jump jets...

The ability to bound over the wall of a base without requiring a galaxy is huge, and if it was used in a more coordinated fashion would be devestating
Old 2003-06-03, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Nothing worse than jumping over a wall in your Vanu max and getting that "Missle Lock" thing on your screen.

I'm always a bit leary jumping over walls in guarded TR bases.

Old 2003-06-03, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Originally posted by Arakiel
The striker needs some fixing in the sense that right now it's being carried on virtually every TR soldier's back for a good reason.

Other than that, most weapons are fine. The new Jackhammer's effective but not overpowered.
I can back this up by saying that quite literally every other TR infantry had that strapped to his back. When walking from the tower (under our control, no TR there) to the base we were trying to capture (neutral, no TR in there either), I would be targeted (missle lock) EVERY time. They were just to the north of the tower, at an AMS of theirs. It only takes 3 shots to take out a full armor'd MAX, compared to the 6 shots of the slow firing Lancer... But I don't need to go into the VS, as I was playing the NC at the time.

But it has finally happend... or at least is in the process of. The TR are losing the "Cowboy Syndrome" and becoming organized... Not only do they have superior weapons and MAXs, but they're actually using THEIR BRAIN now! You know what I see? Two reavers and two prowlers camping a tower. Let's see right here... 3 (Prowler) + 3 + 1 (Reaver) + 1 + 2 (AI and AV MAXs)... okay, full squad of people. They can keep 30 people in that tower nigh indefinitely with their only concern being ammo - not that they need to worry about that though. As soon as they kill most of the people and their respawn times are long enough, the MAXs will just waltz in there, destroy the spawn tubes (or camp them, depending on situation) and leisurely take tower.

I've seen this happen several times playing against TR and a few times when playing against NC. I have never seen the VS use this tactic...

I want to love this game. I really do... but either my entire team is a bunch of MORONS or we don't have the BR available to be as versatile as the other teams... and if we are never able to cap any bases to GET the exp points... then... er... yeah. I guess we're SoL, eh?

I'm a good/veteran player. I know what counters what. If I could magically switch to the Lancer / Lasher when outdoors, have a Decimator / Lasher indoors while being able to have my Magrider and Reaver when traveling (being teh magicol adv. medic / combat engineer I am) I would. But I can't, so I won't.

What is the point of this post? Good question. Another one is what is the point of this game? Havin' fun, doin' stuff, and beatin' up dem bad guys, yah? Then why limit the players so badly early on? Why not even the playing field? I mean, 23CPs are a lot to spend... Some may even say that it eliminates the need of a squad and makes this player so versatile that he's quite a bit stronger than some newb at BR3. I'm not asking for the mooon - but if advancement to BR10 can be fairly quick and then slow waaaaay doooowwwnn (because the exp treadmill is the only way to make a MMO, as we all know ) then both sides of the boat can stay above the water.
Old 2003-06-03, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Zarparchior
I can back this up by saying that quite literally every other TR infantry had that strapped to his back. When walking from the tower (under our control, no TR there) to the base we were trying to capture (neutral, no TR in there either), I would be targeted (missle lock) EVERY time. They were just to the north of the tower, at an AMS of theirs. It only takes 3 shots to take out a full armor'd MAX, compared to the 6 shots of the slow firing Lancer... But I don't need to go into the VS, as I was playing the NC at the time.

But it has finally happend... or at least is in the process of. The TR are losing the "Cowboy Syndrome" and becoming organized... Not only do they have superior weapons and MAXs, but they're actually using THEIR BRAIN now! You know what I see? Two reavers and two prowlers camping a tower. Let's see right here... 3 (Prowler) + 3 + 1 (Reaver) + 1 + 2 (AI and AV MAXs)... okay, full squad of people. They can keep 30 people in that tower nigh indefinitely with their only concern being ammo - not that they need to worry about that though. As soon as they kill most of the people and their respawn times are long enough, the MAXs will just waltz in there, destroy the spawn tubes (or camp them, depending on situation) and leisurely take tower.

I've seen this happen several times playing against TR and a few times when playing against NC. I have never seen the VS use this tactic...

I want to love this game. I really do... but either my entire team is a bunch of MORONS or we don't have the BR available to be as versatile as the other teams... and if we are never able to cap any bases to GET the exp points... then... er... yeah. I guess we're SoL, eh?

I'm a good/veteran player. I know what counters what. If I could magically switch to the Lancer / Lasher when outdoors, have a Decimator / Lasher indoors while being able to have my Magrider and Reaver when traveling (being teh magicol adv. medic / combat engineer I am) I would. But I can't, so I won't.

What is the point of this post? Good question. Another one is what is the point of this game? Havin' fun, doin' stuff, and beatin' up dem bad guys, yah? Then why limit the players so badly early on? Why not even the playing field? I mean, 23CPs are a lot to spend... Some may even say that it eliminates the need of a squad and makes this player so versatile that he's quite a bit stronger than some newb at BR3. I'm not asking for the mooon - but if advancement to BR10 can be fairly quick and then slow waaaaay doooowwwnn (because the exp treadmill is the only way to make a MMO, as we all know ) then both sides of the boat can stay above the water.

4, it takes 4 striker shots to kill a fully armored MAX.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion