Still balancing issues... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where HART's can't be broken
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-09, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Chris Talon
Private

Still balancing issues...

Hey guys,

so does anyone know about further corrections concerning the balancing of the vanu ? I appreciate the buffs of the other tanks but the magrider problem hasn't been solved - still, the weak armor that it should have (weakest of any of the tanks concerning fluff but also balancing) is not yet implemented and the strafing speed is still too fast.

.I also don't know why Vanu players seem to cry rivers of tears over their "poor" tank, claiming it has been ruined and wanting their certs back - nothing has happened yet ! Yes they nerfed the Saron but that thing was so crazy and ridiculous that it went from horrendously op to "merely" awesome.

The strafing thing is a bug - however I still hope they will fix the exploit of adding the strafing speed to the tank speed (for obvious physical reasons).

The vanu uniforms also have not been brought into line, despite good ideas like attaching glowy lights to them to make them better visible at night (would also fit with the theme) and the weapons are unchanged. We really need hard drawbacks implemented here to make things even.

Cya
Chris
Old 2013-02-09, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Still balancing issues...

5 years from now...balance is still going to be a thing. Don't worry, we've got time.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-02-09, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Palerion
Sergeant Major

I personally do not mind the Vanu outfits being hard to see at night.

They look ridiculous when you can actually see them. At least the devs have allowed them to hide their shame in the dark :P
Old 2013-02-09, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chris Talon
Private

@ Palerion - lol, true ^^

But it still would be cool to see spandex at night
Old 2013-02-09, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ringring
Contributor
General

It's a universal truth that there will always be balancing issues.

TBH, assuming the NC got a little buff, of which I'm not sure I think things are pretty balanced right now.
Old 2013-02-09, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
PredatorFour
Major

The truth is it is quite balanced now. All factions have something slightly op to the other's in their arsenal's.
Old 2013-02-09, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Chris Talon View Post
.I also don't know why Vanu players seem to cry rivers of tears over their "poor" tank, claiming it has been ruined and wanting their certs back - nothing has happened yet ! Yes they nerfed the Saron but that thing was so crazy and ridiculous that it went from horrendously op to "merely" awesome.

The strafing thing is a bug - however I still hope they will fix the exploit of adding the strafing speed to the tank speed (for obvious physical reasons).
Is it a bug? Doesn't seem to be fixed for some reason. It has the same exact issue that they just fixed with the Flash, how come it's so different to fix it with the Magrider? How come they were able to fix the strafing on flat ground but not on any sort of inclines?

For those who still don't get it, if you're in the Magrider and going full speed forward, then attempt to strafe over a hill as you go forward(off a road, over a small bank) you will slow down to quite literally a dead stop. This was as similar of an issue as you can get to what the Flash was and it was fixed.

It's being ignored by the dev's because of people like you who think it was a needed change. It's not, there are less Magriders than any other tank right now. They went from being useful to being useless. That's not balancing, that's nerfing something into the ground because the skill-less masses in the game are unable to adapt.

It's funny how people swear the NC MAX is balanced, because you can just get out of range, but when people claim the same thing with the Magrider(get close to it, hide behind *anything*, hit it as many times as it hits you), then it's OH NOES WE CAN'T DO THAT NERF!

w/e, it's why people on VS are quitting. I think it's hilarious that people are now realizing how good the NC weapons are and you see the high rank VS on multiple servers re-rolling to NC because of it. One of these days the devs will realize that the people who play the most do actually know the most about the balance rather than the masses who want the game to be easy rather than skillful.

/flame-on
Old 2013-02-09, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
It's a universal truth that there will always be balancing issues.

TBH, assuming the NC got a little buff, of which I'm not sure I think things are pretty balanced right now.
Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
The truth is it is quite balanced now. All factions have something slightly op to the other's in their arsenal's.

I disagree and I think the population numbers across the servers speak for that. If the game were balanced properly you wouldn't have such low % population for one faction across multiple servers.
Old 2013-02-09, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TwistedX
Private

No one seems to care what we say assist, because we are just spandex wearing freaks.

Even though I have seen my population on my server half because the other factions are just better. We need some love or there is not going to be any purple left anywhere.
Old 2013-02-09, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Graywolves
General

SOE balances around the average performance.

While the Magrider remains to be the tank that strafes away from most projectiles, most new players who haven't purchased lock on rockets are useless against them, and running up to one to C4 is a little harder...

If on average they're performing close to the same level as other tanks then that's how it's going to work. Should at a later point their average performance rise for whatever reason then it will be balanced then.

I don't mind about this method too much but it does feel like they're looking over other factors. Of course I don't think the Magrider needs its mobility nerfed, that mobility just doesn't seem to come with any trade off.
Old 2013-02-09, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I think the vs are fine the way they are. Great opponents with good equipment.
Old 2013-02-09, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
TwistedX
Private

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I think the vs are fine the way they are. Great opponents with good equipment.
My only complaint is the mobility nerf for our MBT was to much. They tried to do to much this patch. They should have raised the other tanks without tweaking the mag to see if it was on par. Then reevaluate the problem against if it didn't fix it self.

Good luck fighting other MBT's when your fighting up hill now. The magriders a sitting duck with zero strafe ability.
Old 2013-02-10, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
GTGD
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
SOE balances around the average performance.

While the Magrider remains to be the tank that strafes away from most projectiles, most new players who haven't purchased lock on rockets are useless against them, and running up to one to C4 is a little harder...

If on average they're performing close to the same level as other tanks then that's how it's going to work. Should at a later point their average performance rise for whatever reason then it will be balanced then.

I don't mind about this method too much but it does feel like they're looking over other factors. Of course I don't think the Magrider needs its mobility nerfed, that mobility just doesn't seem to come with any trade off.
Cool I love playing games that automatically handicap the skilled players to make a "balanced" game. Especially when their creators are really adamant about rewarding skilled players and trying to make it a legitimate e-sport.

Oh wait, it's fucking dumb to distort balance in hopes of making sure the bad players feel good and don't get stomped by people better than them.
Old 2013-02-10, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Chris Talon
Private

Dude, Vanu simply are overpowered - but I actually understand why:

The devs clearly meant to do something different with them, giving them unique advantages like hover-vehicles and no-drop guns. However, the corresponding weaknesses are just not implemented really yet.

Take as an example the magrider - it has it's unique advantages but at the same time no real disadvantages e.g. in armor. It should have paper thin armor, like it is actually supposed to.

This game is still pretty fresh and given some time, the Vanu will be nerfed in line and that will be to the benefit of all players.
Old 2013-02-10, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by TwistedX View Post
My only complaint is the mobility nerf for our MBT was to much. They tried to do to much this patch. They should have raised the other tanks without tweaking the mag to see if it was on par. Then reevaluate the problem against if it didn't fix it self.

Good luck fighting other MBT's when your fighting up hill now. The magriders a sitting duck with zero strafe ability.
The strafing "nerf" wasn't a nerf, it's a bug.
While Assist is trying to insinuate that the devs actually stealth nerfed the VS and never plan on fixing said bug, there is nothing to prove that conspiracy theory. For all we know the devs are working hard on figuring out how to fix it and it will be fixed.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion