Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "Quotes" book coming soon.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-14, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Originally Posted by basti View Post
0 sec respawn time to warpgate.
More Voice Macros
First one: OMG YES. That is so needed; you're gonna spent a lot of time in the WG anyway before getting into the fight.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rasui
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Epidemic View Post
Instead of a drop down menu for loadouts, turn it into 3 buttons we can press that selects the loadout, and resupplies.
This and more loadouts in general. My MAX would thank you greatly.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
PungFu
Private

I would like to be able to clearly see where my squad leader is before I hit "squad deploy". Many times I end up away from the main squad/platoon because my squad leader is doing something away from the group. This happens most of the time when I am with a zerg and the squad leader isn't with the main platoon. I'd like to see where I am going without having the find them on the map which takes time. Thanks.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Platoon related bugs:

1) As platoon leader, I'm not in the /leader channel
2) As a platoon leader, I cannot set myself to the leader of a squad (The menu is changed to a generic 'Leave Squad' button). /squad setowner <Myname> doesn't work either.
3) If a squads leader changes, the private squad options are reset and default to public. This is not reflected in the UI (Outfit-only squad still looks outfit only).
4) Private squad must be checked if you want it outfit only. Cut out the middle man here and don't worry about the private squad check button.
5) The names of squads in the management UI change when another squad leader in the platoon changes the listing name of the squad. It's right on the public squad listing page, just wrong when you are a squad leader.
6) It'd be really really really really nice to just list my platoon, and if a squad fills up, new joiners are put into another squad in the platoon.
7) I would like a timer on the cooldown of my squad beacon. It's hard to see if I have ~10s left on beacon cooldown or it's ready to go as the gauge is mostly filled but I cant determine the pixels.
8) For my public squad running friends: The ability to ban people from your platoon
9) As a platoon or squad leader, it's be nice to recolor the squads. Also, rename them in the UI.

Outfit leader stuff:
1) When a player has been offline for over a month, the Last Online indicator does not show the date they were last online. It'd be nice to see when they last logged in (the date).
2) When a player has not logged in for a while (I don't know the length), they show up as BR 1 in the Outfit UI. I want to kick all the low BR players from my outfit that haven't logged in for over a month but I accedentally kicked some high BR players because it showed them as BR1.
3) I would like to be able to create ranks and titles for outfit members. Titles being ranks that have no permissions attached. We will use this to great comedy effect in TEST.
4) I would like a way to link a Steam group to our Outfit. For example, if a Event is starting in my outfit's steam group calendar, it would be nice to broadcast that to everyone online. Additionally, some button on the Outfit UI for players to join the steam group attached to our outfit from ingame if they've launched through steam and have the overlay (like the store does).

Other stuff:
1) Custom ingame Voice channels please! It kinda works (/voice join <channelname>) but it breaks randomly and has no UI support. Can we get this feature finished? Vanu on mattherson would love you long time.
2) Global Orders chat and contentent specific /leader chat.
3) Alert status and Alert leaderboard in the API.

Last edited by Roy Awesome; 2013-05-14 at 10:16 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Flexo
Private

This is what I need to make outfit/platoon management...well, managable:

- The ability to make myself a squad leader.
- The ability to see squad names and rename them or make them public/private.
- The ability to ban someone permanently from squads under my command (eliminating screaming voice grievers).
- Priority override to leaders for in-game voice.
- Ability to see and reset the waypoints for each squad.
- Ability to select people that can be automatically promoted to platoon and squad leader if I or a squad leader drops connection.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Stvo
Private

INFILTRATOR (BUGS)

-Unable to cloak after immediately firing bolt action snipers.
-Server cloaked but not graphically cloaked after exiting a vehicle or just spawned
-Ping darts are freezing on the minimap and not reporting enemy locations often, graphically sometimes, and mechanically sometimes

ENGINEER (BUGS)

-Unable to switch to primary sometimes with underbarrel grenade launchers on trac 5s
-Can we just get sticky ammo packs like a c4 ? Deploying them is a pain in the ass.. would be nice to stick them like in Battlefield 3.
-auto switches to primary soon as you placed ammo box ( STAHP ) just switch to last used.

A2A ESF (BUGS)

-A2A Tomcats are bugged like crazy right now and have been awhile. Firing missiles dont register on server and sometimes it takes ammo count from you, you know when the missile is bugged because you fire a missile and reload and you can start locking instantly after it fired (firing duds).

ALL vehicles (WANTS)

Number 1 request for vehicles (I also think i speak for a majority here)

((((((((((((((TURRET/GUNNER STABILIZATION)))))))))))))

-Stop making them explode if the roof hits the ground... really it sucks.
-ADD a UI for the gunner so he knows what way the vehicle is facing (like the one in the bottom right of the Skyguard UI)
-FOV slider for vehicles Pilots/Drivers and Gunners (yes .. seriously)

Ill think of some more later and reedit my post and email you tomorrow higby (4am here)
But these are the main ones off the top of my head that.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

First I gotta comment on one awesome change. I've played a lot of FPS games with capture modes, where the cap point always shows in your field of view so you can easily navigate to them. I've always had a huge issue with those big flashy icons getting in the way, they always seem to cover that window from your favorite spot, or give cover to an open area, and just blocks your line of sight on an usually open area.

But in PS2 you up the transparency of screen icons when aiming down the sight, AWESOME!

Turret direction indicator for Vehicles
As in a ground vehicle driver will have rotating turrets on his green vehicle health image. That show the direction of his gunners. Can do the same for Libs and Galaxies.

Missile Tracking
Some kind of range indicator for incoming locked missiles. A range count down would be ideal, but maybe a faster toned lock on beep? Faster it beeps closer the missile is?

Elevation Indicator for Radar
Mainly beneficial against aircraft, but also good against ground. A primitive solution, but identifies my point, is putting tiny elevation numbers under a vehicle on your radar. But I like the idea of a simple "Above YOU" or "Below YOU" style. Like you could place a small " ^ " above a vehicle if it's a higher elevation then you, and it could get bolder/larger/different color depending on how far above you they are.

Elevation Indicator for Incoming Damage
When you take damage, you get the red curves around your center view indicating what general direction it came from. It's how games implement situational awareness. I propose putting a " ^ " on the inner arc of that damage indicator (so pointing towards the center) if the damage is coming from above you, and again it can grow based on distance. Then another on the outer curve if it's below you.

Vehicle Equipment Swap
I can understand this not being in, really. Because if it's used too often it could allow for too much versatility, letting one ESF do everything. But it think it'd be ok with a cost, like it requires and consumes your aircraft's cooldown. Or a high resource cost.

MORE LOADOUTS
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2013-05-14 at 11:29 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Kail
Staff Sergeant

1. When dying as a MAX, have it go back to your previous class+loadout instead of LA #1
  2. Landing gear on aircraft getting stuck out
  3. When reviving as a medic, completing the circle doesn't actually mean they are rezzed; the only sure-fire sign the rez has completed is when the body "props themselves up". It'd be great if the progress completion and actual rez going through was tighter
  4. A "Grenade Mod" suit slot - Current sticky grenade becomes a mod to make frag grenade sticky - Add two sticky mods for medic revive & heal grenades. Alternatively just sticky variants of revive & heal.. but seems silly to have to purchase both separately.
  5. Repair tool's HEAT increasing with trigger held down even when not actually repairing anything (ie, running up to a destroyed gen, but clicking too soon builds heat even though you were out of range and aren't actually repairing)
  6. Harasser rumble-seat occupant getting hit by the harasser's own gun
  7. Harasser rumble-seat occupant damaging harasser at certain angles / moving backwards
  8. Clearer indicator on Scythe when forward momentum is lost
  9. Infantry decals not visible with armor cosmetics
  10. Store often doesn't categorize things correctly - for example, when Lumifiber first came out you could choose "Misc" on Liberators and see it, but for the Scythe you had to leave everything unchecked and scroll through until you found it. Has happened to weapons too.
  11. If "Compare Weapon" is checked from the loadout screen, and then a new weapon is chosen, the comparison tooltip keeps using the original weapon until you uncheck / recheck the checkbox
  12. I die quite often. Its very annoying and should be looked into
  13. Ability to "resupply" vehicles so you can change loadouts

Last edited by Kail; 2013-05-14 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added more entries
Old 2013-05-14, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
The Megapode
Private

I have a couple of minor suggestions that won't really impact gameplay much, but would increase my enjoyment of the game. Feel free to entirely disregard these.
  1. I think the vehicles feel too slow, even the harasser. I think it would be neat if the field of view increases the faster you go, so maybe when you're at the vehicle's top speed you get something like +10 FOV.

2. Please add a stock attachment for carbines. I would pay like 500 stationcash just to have a stock on a carbine, even if it was purely cosmetic. That's how much I want them.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

For engineer:
Fix weapon switching back to primary after ammo drop.
Fix repair tool weapon model having "repairing" effects and sounds, even though you're out of range and not repairing what you're trying to repair.
Fix turrets not moving up or down depending on if someone is sitting inside it! Hate it when someone gets out of the turret and I don't notice because the turret is still up!
Old 2013-05-14, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
MrKwatz
Private

Quality of Life Suggestions

- It would be very nice to have have more FOV options, such as independently setting driver, pilot, turret, gunner, and infantry view fov from the primary fov slider. If a cap is necessary it needs to be a minimum of 60-120 horizontal degrees.

- first person weapon/arm viewmodel fov

- Auto eject option for ground vehicles that flip over and then go through the damage over time auto destruct sequence (no auto eject for collision damage destruction)

- Dynamic HUD customization: http://i.imgur.com/pSAclUM.jpg. Alternatively: pre-set HUD layouts that the user can choose

- An official stance on oculus rift support for Forgelight/PS2 would be very nice

- Vehicle awareness: Representation of gunner turret angles on vehicle health icon, as was in PS1; gunner ammo displayed on the physical driver cockpit panels; vehicle health displayed on vehicle cockpit panels

- Adjust motion blur so that it does not always use the maximum amount of blur on players, vehicles, etc. Have low/medium/high settings if there are major performance concerns.

- Quality options for PhysX to choose to enable only certain parts, eg debris and teleporters on but not lifts and sparks etc

- Remove the vertical limit on infantry look

- Status information for all deployables: mines, turrets, beacons etc

- Quicker loadout selection: able to choose class/loadout entirely by keyboard shortcuts and use icons or some other alternative for the loadout drop down menu selection

- Ability to use the free cursor to set waypoints from the minimap

- Option to hide the XP message and outfit logging information

- Display Outfit message of the day on log-in

- Squad leader ability to set tactical objectives. These can be specific players, vehicles, turrets, capture points, etc. The icon displays for all squad members and always stays on screen

- Icon for what continent your squad is on in the continent select menu of the map

- Addition of an elevation meter for aircraft to accompany the altitude meter

- Joystick/HOTAS and controller support

- Perhaps it would be a good idea to go ahead and move the continent warp terminals to the warpgate center in preparation for the warping update? Some infantry terminals at the periphery of the center would be nice too

- Update the Centered HUD textures to make the bars cleaner (no gradients within each little square)

- Remove all submenus and drop downs for combat items on the loadout screen: http://i.imgur.com/cg7SApn.jpg (wip concept image)

Bugs

- Texture LoD is sometimes displayed at inappropriate levels depending on where you're standing, regardless of distance, eg some textures need to be zoomed in on to have their full res loaded, parts of some building textures will go down on lod if you stand on certain parts (especially noticed this on end of the bottom floor of the half donut building)

- Players on low settings report building models with random triangles missing often

- Player model LoDs deteriorate extremely fast and do not resemble their higher LoD models at all

- Interact option is very finicky: sometimes you have to approach and back off again and again at things to bring up the "press E to..." prompt. Especially of concern for trying to save generators from blowing up...

- When Toggle Zoom is enabled, you will zoom in again after you cancel your zoom by running, reloading, etc instead of it staying zoomed out. Pressing right trigger while a deployable is equipped will make your weapons zoom in when you switch to them.

Last edited by MrKwatz; 2013-05-15 at 02:31 AM.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
fierce deity
Sergeant

I would like:
  • More Voice Macros.
  • To see my hands on the handlebars of the Flash and the Steering Wheel of Harassers and Sunderers.
  • A buff to Triage. It just seems like a worthless cert line.
  • More personal waypoints.
  • More loadout slots.
  • To be able to see the squad waypoints of all squads in my platoon.
  • To be able to merge multiple platoons into a company.
  • Respawning after dying in a max suit defaulting to the last used class/loadout.
  • Display map on pressing tab instead of the leaderboard.
  • Forward grip on sniper rifles reducing scope sway.
  • When Squad or Platoon leading to be able to set an XO so that if you disconnect for any reason someone competent takes over until you relog.
  • Audio Changes for weapons to make them sound Stronger.
  • Showing armor upgrades like nanoweave or flack armor on the character.
  • New HUD for Maxes.
  • Ammo counter for secondary weapons on vehicles and a display of secondary gun position.
  • Heat buildup on engineer repair tool only if you are actively repairing something.
  • Better tooltips on abilities.
  • Reflex sights for pistols and heavy weapons.
Bug: When in single fire mode it sounds like the weapon fires twice.

Last edited by fierce deity; 2013-05-14 at 10:45 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Vongimi
Private

More loadouts and the ability to put them into groups. So I can have my Long Range kit, but the dropdown list would be Night or Day, maybe even AI or AV turret, or something. Then short range kit with a similar set-up, but using a different weapon, like an SMG or a shotgun. For heavy assault I could have separate launchers in the sublists. I find it quite a burden to be swapping optics or launchers a lot in the midst of combat depending on the situation in its current iteration.

Also, I love the new camo option, but maybe go one step further with setting camo per continent? Can't tell you how many times I have gone to Esamir and realized I was still in my Giraffe camo 15 minutes later. Though this would be lesser priority since its already pretty good.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
CliffordtheDuck
Private

Marking specific targets / objectives should be far more spontaneous and effective for squad leaders. This is particularly a problem between air support and ground leadership.

The spotting system is helpful to your team in a much more casual way but doesn't really work for anything remotely ambitious or tactical.

Squad/Platoon leaders in general should be able to do more fun and useful stuff, rather than just being regular troops with some basic admin privileges. The spawn beacon/squad deploy mechanic is essential but also rather rudimentary in 2013.
Old 2013-05-14, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I'd like the MBT bug fixed. The one that has the driver gunning the primary turret.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion