Okay, y'all win - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't be nervous, bro.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2015-06-05, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Okay, y'all win

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
Where was this? On Reddit? You gotta link? He's as close to a high priest as the bittervet community has.

BTW, when are the dumb bastards going to come out with a downloadable user's guide? When are we going to get a global map so I can see who's fighting who where? When do we get the inter continental lattice and the battle islands they showcased LAST BLOODY YEAR?

/looks forlorn
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ll_and/crr4ziz
Old 2015-06-05, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I hadn't seen that, thanks for the link.

He makes a point about the hybrid system having the fundamental flaw of the original hex system, that fights disperse amongst all adjacent bases almost as soon as they start to heat up.

The crux of the issue is base density. Bases provide hard spawns but they're not close enough to create one large fight, they create two smaller fights. AMSes push forward, get blown up and then the attack is stalled. You get that back and forth until someone gets a strong foothold and only then can the battle begin in earnest.

Disagree that the additional complexity is a bad thing. New players shouldn't have to worry too much about watching the map to see if they've been back hacked. That's what the SLs and PLs should be doing. These same SLs and PLs that need something more than 'put attack marker down and rush AMSes to the point'.
You really want to add complexity? Hex bases capture via a timer. Lattice bases capture via LLU.
We need more than 'throw bodies at the point until victory' and adding objectives to hold can be only a good time IMO.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2015-06-09, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
For...fuck? Months? It seems like the few that still frequent this forum have been overly pessimistic about the direction this game has been going. It's one of the reasons I haven't been checking/commenting here.

Today, I've read these Q&A comments from a twitch stream about the new Conquest mode. From what I've been reading since the initial announcement this just seems so completely backwards from the direction this game should be taking. It's devolving in front of my eyes.

I'm with you now. Any semblance of Planetside seems to soon be downplayed from this game in order to curry favor from their soon to be PS4 playerbase.

I no longer trust that these people have any idea what they're doing with this IP and I no longer have any semblance of hope that we'll see PS2 live up to its potential. At least I'll have the memories of the last couple years.

Fuck. What a waste.
it took you long enough...

Welcome to the club.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2015-06-09 at 12:23 AM.
Old 2015-06-09, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

You can't deny that the revenue which can be generated by the PS4's release will hurt PS2. To put it simple, if the PS2 on the PS4 fails, PS2 will die for sure. However, if it catches on and people actually like it, the amount of revenue would exceed anything the PC audience would be able to offer.

I wish we had some financials to look over as I suspect PC customers pay more per person vs. a console player. However, there are more console players than PC players, so the per person dollar amount might be exceeded by the sheer number of PS4 users, even if those users are more keen to pay less per person. Another thing to consider is that there does seem to be a trend of console users, who are just now finding out about PS2, are actually transitioning from the PS4 to PC. Some PS2 users are moving to the PS4 as well, but I haven't seen a lot of people do this.

If I remember correctly, Smedley mentioned in a recent post (last four months) that PS2 had just begun to return a profit. If PS2 had been bleeding without a return of any kind after 66-months of development (18-months prebeta, 48-months postbeta), that means PS2 has been a moneypit for 5.5 years, or around 5. Not surprising layoffs would come from something like this.

Last edited by RykerStruvian; 2015-06-09 at 10:04 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion