Suspending Premium - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: OOOH! Button!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-15, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Beerbeer
Major

Suspending Premium

There should be a way for us to suspend long-term premium memberships.

Call it a sabbatical, I don't care, but it's not a refund, just a suspension. Move us to FTP and allow us to automatically reactivate upon first login.
Old 2013-01-15, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Suspending Premium

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post

Call it a sabbatical, I don't care, but it's not a refund, just a suspension. Move us to FTP and allow us to automatically reactivate upon first login.
Ya I could suspend it every day when I log off. Brilliant!!!!!!

Or you could just accept the deal you signed up for and pay agaoin later on.
Old 2013-01-15, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Would be nice to go mobile pre-payed for a while while i'm paying off my mobile phone on my 2Yr plan.

Some months i don't get anywhere NEAR the cap.

You're not allowed to take a break Beerbeer, man up and log in

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2013-01-15, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Beerbeer
Major

Yeah ghost, I'm sure they would bother to track it and break it down by the hour and allow those hours to cumulatively build.

I'm talking about long breaks. Allow us to suspend one month intervals or something.
Old 2013-01-15, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Why would this game be any different than a sub model of yesterday? Unless there are some crazy circumstances, they don't do refunds. If you don't like the game, suck it up, learn for next time that you do not buy long term subs for games you don't know will hold you interested for that period of time
Old 2013-01-16, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
burkorobe
Private

it down by the hour and allow those hours to cumulatively build.
Old 2013-01-16, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Everyone please stop.....just STOP asking for refunds or for a change to the terms YOU agreed to....I am embarassed for you. This is a free to play game, YOU did not have to invest a dime, YOU chose to. YOU clicked yes to the agreement of purchase and it's YOU who have the choice to play it or not.

Take some personal accountabililty........if we all had to drop $60 from the get go in a traditional sense to even be able to play the game I would understand how the consumer would have a right to stomp their foot, but this was all consumer (YOU) choice and SOE put NO MONEY BARRIERS up to gain access to PS2.

You may not be happy with what you bought or you may not have time to enjoy what you bought......but it was YOU who made the decision. So go look in a mirror and tell yourself YOU will be more cautious next time and stop wasting internet space being a cry baby or trying to rally support for YOUR mistake.

OP post may be logical after the fact, but it is however after the fact and YOU should have thought about that before hand regardless.

Last edited by VaderShake; 2013-01-16 at 08:22 AM.
Old 2013-01-16, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Why?
Old 2013-01-16, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Beerbeer
Major

I'm not asking for a refund, so chill out.

This is a rather simple request and I have my reasons.

I don't believe one month postponements is that disruptive to either party, or would you rather we preach about the virtues of not buying premium? I will be than happy to do that every chance I get, so back off.
Old 2013-01-16, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

I thought that the Premium bonus was saved for at least a month, provided you re-subbed before the end of that period.

Also, that if you sub for six months, you get the six-month Premium bonus straight up.

That's pretty decent if it is the case, afterwards I agree with VaderShake that nobody forced you to pay in the first place.

Last edited by Dodgy Commando; 2013-01-16 at 11:00 AM.
Old 2013-01-16, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post

What do you think a phone company would say if you sign up for a 12 month sub and want to "put it on hold" after 1? I think they would lol quite hard. I also think that no one in his right mind would ask for that either as they know way it would not fly at all. So way in the hell do you think it would fly in this situation?
Old 2013-01-16, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
james
Sergeant Major

Contact support, supposedly they will suspend your premium sub

The cell phone comparison is horrible though, as you pay by the month, not 6 or 12

Last edited by james; 2013-01-16 at 11:32 AM.
Old 2013-01-16, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
What do you think a phone company would say if you sign up for a 12 month sub and want to "put it on hold" after 1? I think they would lol quite hard. I also think that no one in his right mind would ask for that either as they know way it would not fly at all. So way in the hell do you think it would fly in this situation?
It's actually not that unreasonable a thing to ask for. Even banks provide temporary deferments from loans payments under certain circumstances. This is a different animal than asking for something like a refund on spent station cash, which you have already agreed isn't possible under any circumstances.

Last edited by maradine; 2013-01-16 at 11:36 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 2013-01-16, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Wahooo
Captain

I just kinda wish that with premium your passive cert gain while logged out continued to come in and I didn't have to log in every day. How can this be pay to win if I'm not winning by just paying and not playing? huh?

But seriously why can't I get my passive certs since I paid a sub?
Old 2013-01-16, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

With premium it would be nice to have unlimited server transfers. I would love to be able to visit my friends on other servers without paying extra for a two way trip.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion