who to fight for? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: = Santuary
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-10, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RSphil
Contributor
Major

who to fight for?

hi guys.

loving the pics that are being put up on twitter and all the info on here.

one thing i cant make my mind up on though is who i should fight for. never played ps1 so have no clue on any background of the factions or anything. the NC and VS look cool and im swaying towards the NC due to the little i know of them and the general look of them.

why did you guys make your choices?
Old 2012-05-10, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Virulence
Sergeant

Re: who to fight for?

I'm not really in love with any of the factions themselves, I'm just in love with the Vanguard.
Old 2012-05-10, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Graywolves
General

We all initially decided our factions for many different reasons, very few have the exact same reasoning as to why they were called upon by whichever faction.

But at some point down the road you realize that you could never play another faction without feeling like you were betraying your own family.
Old 2012-05-11, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Johari
Staff Sergeant

Why did I make the choice I did to go with VS? Basically first impression gameplay back in beta.

It started off when I jumped onto my brothers beta account when he wasn't looking. I spawned in the basement of a tower and just ran outside not knowing anything. As I exit the doors I see a little man across a bridge and I pull out the first weapon that I could figure out how to get. Out comes a TR repeater and I plink away at the soldier in the distance. After a disappointing 2 magazines I run back inside and log out. Never saw my character but I never wanted to shoot that weapon again.

I try another server and BOOM! suddenly I'm surrounded by noise and I see soldiers in sleek purple armor running by me in tight corridors. I try to follow but I'm slow as hell but I see a nice giant gun where my arm should be so I follow the crowd. Tunnel slopes up and I see bodies of the men who ran passed as someone marked red comes jogging down the tunnel and open fire. I return the favor as a hail of laser fire jets out of my arm. As his body turns into a coffin I just keep walking and shooting in the the open doorway and room. I cut down another 2 invaders before I get taken down myself. As the camera cirlces around my body of who I am. A giant in purple scales with a gun for an arm looks back at me while bullet tracers and laser beams streak across my screen. That moment only lasted 20 seconds or so but in that time I had found my home.

Who knows what might have happened if that first TR try was more action and not the disappointment it was, who knows what would have happened if I had gotten NC first but by luck I had a great experience with the VS and that what I stuck with. For you, I'd recommend giving all of the empires a chance but go with what kind of gameplay/weaponry you like most and then by looks.

P.S. the VS AV weapon was boss
Old 2012-05-11, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Mad science is the best science and VS have it in ******. I'm also a fan of flexibility and anything with the word "Railgun" in it. So the Magrider was like a dream come true in that it was versatile and had a railgun for a turret. Then there's the Lancer. I love the lancer, it's a weapon when if you lose it's often your own fault for not being a perfect automaton. But that's ok, you'll get better and it will be awesome.

If you enjoy hard to master but really powerful tools, go VS.
Old 2012-05-11, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
RodenyC
Master Sergeant

Just saying if you want the best look at the VS.
Old 2012-05-11, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

In the words of Gogol Bordello.... Start wearing purple, wearing purple! Start wearing purple for me nooow!

Last edited by Sabot; 2012-05-11 at 02:03 AM.
Old 2012-05-11, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Astrok
First Sergeant

I used to play for TR because somehow i just like any faction that says firepower first.!

after a while a few freinds of me went playing ps1 and they joined nc so i joined nc to to form up a clan.

but somehow in just a few weeks i told them i couldnt get the feeling i had with TR so i went back to TR and had a long and fun time on it.

So personally i think i try 3 factions and after a week playing i choose one to stick with it because i dont know if the factions play the same as in ps1.Probably i just play TR again.
Old 2012-05-11, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
NivexQ
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I liked the colors. Yes, that actually is why I chose TR.

NivexTR - TR - 30/5 - -=The Black Sheep=-
SYNxNivexQ - NC - 26/4 - [:::::SYN:::::]
NivexVS - VS - 19/2? - SYNDICATEVS?

http://www.twitch.tv/nivexq
I don't broadcast much, but you never know
Old 2012-05-11, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Skepsiis
Corporal

Hovertank.

Enough said?
Old 2012-05-11, 02:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

Purple powahhhhhhhh
Old 2012-05-11, 02:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Gogita
Master Sergeant

VS because purple is the color of manliness
Old 2012-05-11, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ITOS
Corporal

NC for the looks I suppose. Each empire has their ups and downs when it comes to ideology. Each empire can be made out to be the hero or the villain. However, in my opinion, NC is the empire that has the looks of the hero. Both TR and VS have looks that fits villains.
Old 2012-05-11, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

Depends on if you have any real-life friends playing the game sometimes.

I was introduced to the original by a friend who started as VS. As the underdogs in the beta at that time my loyalty grew quite strong.

I've tinkered wirh the other empires a lot (and had a fairly extensive stint with TR on Werner Server) but it is VS who I will be joining again first.

Finally it come down to cosmetics and play-style:

1) Who do you like the look of the most?:

TR - traditional, military, new/well kept
NC - experimental, rebel, a bit rough around the egdes but well maintained
VS - fururistic, neutral, laser weapons

2) What play-style do you like?:

TR - rapid fire weapons, low damage per shot
NC - slow firing weapons, high damage per shot
VS - somewhere in between more more versitile (e.g. no bullet drop, armour piercing modes etc..)
Old 2012-05-11, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I think our clan/guild went for NC because it simply summed us up, rebels.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion