Community Night May 2012 Recording - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nerf the "u" key.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-07, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

Re: Community Night May 2012 Recording

Excellent show again - was good to see the faces behind the screen names even though you looked nothing like I imagined (especially Basti - I thought you would have looked of Asian decent! ).

Liked the discussion about the weather effects - I think it definitely should be some something that is forced on but balanced as Marsman said rather than priducing massive gameplay differences. Earthquakes and Volcanos might be a step too far but I'd love heavy rain to reduce visability and produce water droplets on your visor etc..

Liked the Lightning artillery concept too - I think that'd work providing that the cannon weight slowed the vehicle's movement and it needed to deploy first to operate. The lightning wiuld be a very versitile and different experience dependant on the main gun which was equipped.
Old 2012-05-07, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Asian? Wtf?
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-07, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Luperza
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Great cast again! I'm sad you couldn't find your intro. I love the intro. So profesh! =P The camera transfers when various people were talking was pretty smooth too.

The only thing I suggest is trying not to talk over each other with that many people. It gets a little overwhelming as listeners when multiple people are talking or someone is trying to say something and constantly gets talked over (poor Jenny, hehe). Also, I'm sure you did pre-testing for voice levels, but some people were really loud and others not so much. I listened to the cast at almost 1% volume and it was still pretty loud. Haha.

Keep up the great work! I love watching and listening to these. I'm really sad I missed this one (live). =/ I need to start adding these to my calendar so I get pinged before they start.
Old 2012-05-07, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea we definitely had some volume issues this time around as well I noticed it after the fact when it was to late Will make sure we check that closer next time. I may change the format a little so we call on people rather than the big cluster of talking we had this time.

I found the intro after the show - but didn't want to spend the hour or two editing and re-rendering it

Next time for sure!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-05-07, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
I know she is trying to be polite and all but her opinions were very captivating.
Yeah I wish she would talk more, I really like her points of view but I think she was distracted trying to keep up with chat and keep up with what was being discussed.
Old 2012-05-07, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Truemedic
Private

I enjoyed the cast but I have to agree with PurrfectStorm on people talking over each other. I can understand people's excitement but I actually had to stop watching it for a little bit as it was getting on my nerves.

But it was a great show none the less, can't wait for june!
Old 2012-05-07, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Carbanu
Contributor
Corporal

Perhaps a moderator/panel arrangement would help:

A. Give everyone an equal chance to speak their mind
B. Not run into the talking over/interrupting each other.
and
C. Allow for a more diverse range of topics by eliminating getting off topic in the first place.
Old 2012-05-08, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zenben
Master Sergeant

For the talking over each other issue, I just thought maybe do some sort of hand-raising system. Maybe in a separate chat or something, then Hamma calls names individually if someone has something they want to say?
Old 2012-05-08, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Zenben View Post
For the talking over each other issue, I just thought maybe do some sort of hand-raising system. Maybe in a separate chat or something, then Hamma calls names individually if someone has something they want to say?
That could work, but I think going in order initially would give everyone a chance to say something. A few of the guests weren't very talkative and I felt like I was talking too much, so giving everyone a chance to say something on the topic would work and after the initial thoughts we could do a hand raising system. It was a bit chaotic with that amount of people.
Old 2012-05-08, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea the one or two times I individually called people I think worked really well. For some reason we are more likely to talk over each other on video - must be the lack of push to talk. I'll probably go with more a panel/call out next time around.

Marsman and Jennyboo can also call folks out so maybe we will switch up the person who runs the topic as the show goes on.

All great thoughts! Totally agreed on my end. Also we will probably have a couple less people next time.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-05-08, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Great show, although the talking over each other did start to grate. People randomly getting way over excited for no reason is cool every now and then in this sort of video cast but when it happens too often and the sound volume isn't right it starts to get irritating. I normally can listen to this in the background at work but found it so distracting this time I had to pause it !
Old 2012-05-08, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Good cast apart from the nose pickers

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-05-08, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Good cast apart from the nose pickers
You guys saw that!?
Old 2012-05-08, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Kipper
Captain

Saw this earlier - or listened mainly, other than what other people mentioned, maybe something more to look at?

I know there's no game yet so it's not like you have access to footage, but maybe just more of the screenshots that have been tweeted, i know we've seen them but it would break things up a bit? I dunno.
Old 2012-05-09, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Saw this earlier - or listened mainly, other than what other people mentioned, maybe something more to look at?

I know there's no game yet so it's not like you have access to footage, but maybe just more of the screenshots that have been tweeted, i know we've seen them but it would break things up a bit? I dunno.
You will have plenty to see next time, if you know what I mean.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Auraxis Global Network [AGN]