blatant and deliberate team killing... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: OMG HAMMA, that thing is HUGE! ..... I meant the BFR.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-02, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Snoopy
Sergeant

Re: blatant and deliberate team killing...

I wouldn't worry too much. This game is full of armchair experts that love telling people what to do and what not to do. More often than not, most of them couldn't organise a shag in a brothel and continue to zerg around mindlessly.

As for team killers, I ignore most, but write down their name and return the favour when ever I am so lucky to come across them again. Two wrongs don't make a right, but it does make me feel better.
Old 2014-02-02, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Binkley
Sergeant

The battle was over and about 15 of us crowed around a vehicle terminal to spawn whatever to get to the next fight. Some team killing bastard decided it was funny to C4 us all. Actually, in hindsight it was kind of funny.

Sniping or shooting from the spawn room is fine in my book, so long as others can leave the spawn without getting shot in the back. The bitches that complain about how you play simply need to pin the reason for their own failure to capture the point (or whatever) on someone else. I died out there five times!! It must be your fault.
Old 2014-02-02, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Obstruction
First Sergeant

my lib team actually gets quite a lot of butthurt TK attempts. what follows is an atrocious wall of text, but there isn't much i can do but break up each anecdote for bite sized consumption. if you soldier through it, thanks. skip to the end for the moral of the story.

===

since we fly on all three factions fairly regularly, we're used to the audio and visual cues of pretty much anything that can come after us. we just sort of expect all friendly air that isn't an outfit mate to turn on us for any reason at any time.

for example, some little kid got in my 2nd seat before my gunner could, so i set the plane to squad. then he flew out behind us in a reaver and tried to rocket pod us. so we turned and daltoned him. then he came out in his lib immediately after that and jumped us with the tank buster. we leapt out of the way, turned on him, dunked on him really hard and continued on our way. he was something like BR55. i was pretty astonished how bad he was.

this type of thing isn't really very notable, but it happens a lot. some guy gets mad that you already had a squad going and doesn't like being left in the warpgate. it's not even like i flew him out and dropped him from 800 meters either. i could have. but i didn't. then they pull this kind of thing and learn a lesson. hopefully.

===

another time this whole TR outfit declared war on us for "stealing their certs" by being at a base capture that we happened to fly by on our way to another fight. they kept stalking and harassing us, sending tells and such. so we let them kill us, took video and stills, and submitted tickets to SOE for in game harassment explaining the situation. SOE immediately responded by saying they understand some amount of TK will happen but that harassment isn't tolerated. so the GM went on spectator and followed them around. we reported another TK not long after that as an update to the ticket and, lo and behold, we got another immediate response from the GM stating "yeah i was actually investigating this ticket over ikanam biolab and i saw that. it's being dealt with." they didn't get banned, but they never spoke to us or fired on us again. i assume they had a meeting with Jesus, and saw the light and the way.

===

the last notable TK story involves a very high ranking player on our server scoreboard, which actually places him high in the running in the competitive scene. he's even competitive on the world top list and high up in a very well regarded outfit.

anyway one day we were playing NC and caught him lurking the edge of our render in a lock-on mossie. he came in to strike and ran back out to render, we chased and he ran. this happened a few times so we just ran him down until he was out of AB and then proceeded to push him hard until he made a mistake and got daltoned.

then we just so happened to run into him somewhere else a bit later, got the drop on him, and daltoned him from above. i guess he got mad.

he came at us again in the mossie, this time doing the distance thing again. he's a good shot but you can't really get the kind of DPS you need doing that. anyway, long story short, my gunner is pretty scary so with him just sort of sitting out there at range it wasn't too hard for her to pop him.

it was some time later that we started getting TK attempts by a mysterious reaver. some guy in an air hammer reaver came at us as we were pulling out of a fight injured. we daltoned him right off, but the plane burned. we dismounted and i asked him in the warpgate "what that was about? why did you try to TK us man?"

i got no response. so we pulled again and again this guy comes in a reaver a bit later. i think this time when i stalled the lib to turn, he just ran into my tail. whoops. then later still, he comes back again. this time we were basically just waiting to hear that reaver on approach so we turned and wasted him just like any other idiot that doesn't know how to fight us. another dalton round through the cockpit.

by this time i was checking his name here on PSU to see if it was some kind of dummy account or what. turns out it really wasn't. it was a full fledged alt just like mine. except i could see from his outfit mates exactly who he was. well, within a reasonable doubt. his mates were all these serverfamous names from that well regarded outfit. and i said to my partner, "no way - this is that guy, butthurt that we beat him in his mossie."

anyway his last lame TK attempt was to pull a galaxy and try to flip us in the warpgate. as if i haven't had to put up with that shit from scrub noobs my whole time flying in PS2. we ran him around in circles for like 45 minutes, putting shells into him and making him limp back into the gate to repair. i think he was trying to get us weapon locked maybe? anyway after he got tired i sat my lib on him and humped it loudly in prox for a bit.

a week later i was watching somebody stream, i forget who, but they had that TKer in the stream and were calling him by his well known, top player name in the teamspeak.

it was him after all.

i'm sort of flattered, really, that one of those Top Dick players that never admits anyone else is good, never displays any sort of sportsmanship or good will, never even says "gg," would go out of his way to try to get his pathetic revenge.

===

the moral of the story

there's a few guys we fight that i don't think are good sports, that only send tells to make excuses about why they lost. i get it; they need to diminish our victory. as if the outcome of one confrontation really threatens anything tangible. but from our end of it, we still value the fight and the experience we gain from it - win or lose. and even if you are a prick, we will always treat you with respect.

my partner and i go out of our way to make friends and build community among the top pilots. that's how we've kept growing as a team, how we stay sharp, and how we can admit to ourselves that we are among good company near the top of the air game - without coming off as being dicks that think we're too good for everyone else. one of our rivals actually put it best when she said "that was a really scary fight, but lets do it again! you have to fight the best to be the best!" and she is. she's one of the best and a real challenge to duel. she's also a fantastic wingmate when we're on the same faction.

and so, to those ace ESFs and the other top lib teams that we fight regularly: my thanks to you for being really tough opponents and good sports. it's a real pleasure to play with and against you. it's you guys and girls that keep us playing day after day, it's you that makes it fun to play with and against you from all three factions.

and to the TKers, the haters, the sore losers, sore winners (even worse): i hope you change. i mean "lol - u mad" but also i hope you change. there's plenty of room up here at the top with the rest of us.

Last edited by Obstruction; 2014-02-02 at 03:30 PM.
Old 2014-02-03, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
As for team killers, I ignore most, but write down their name and return the favour when ever I am so lucky to come across them again. Two wrongs don't make a right, but it does make me feel better.
Thanks for your encouraging words Snoop.

I have to admit that I've started to do the same, even though I said I wouldn't. The thing that worries me now is you can end up in a tit for tat exchange and I know I'll pretty much always come out second best.

Originally Posted by Binkley View Post
Sniping or shooting from the spawn room is fine in my book, so long as others can leave the spawn without getting shot in the back.
Well, that's good to hear If only everyone thought the same...

I do try to be careful in that situation and if I do catch anyone I immediately switch to medic and revive them, and apologise via proximity chat. And strange as it seems, I have never been victim of a revenge kill when that happens.

@ Obstruction

Thanks for popping in here and sharing your tales

You are obviously a very good player but sound forgiving of the guys (and girls) that will never make it to anywhere near the top.
Old 2014-02-03, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Obstruction
First Sergeant

You are obviously a very good player but sound forgiving of the guys (and girls) that will never make it to anywhere near the top.
we're pretty good at the thing we do because we enjoy it and practice a lot. but it's not like we never lose or have bad days, and we're definitely not great at everything in the game. i enjoy playing medic and heavy, and fun little 2 on 2s that happen on quiet continents.

but i'm far from a "good player" lol. those well known top outfits wouldn't have anything to do with me. i guess i just meant to share to show that the TKing is sometimes just part of the game, but that the positive aspects of community help us rise above it.
Old 2014-02-03, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
i guess i just meant to share to show that the TKing is sometimes just part of the game, but that the positive aspects of community help us rise above it.
Well, thanks again, I appreciated it

And you're right, I like my PS2 experience, at the moment, too much to let the odd bit of TK'ing get me down I just like having a bit of a moan about it here from time to time
Old 2014-02-03, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

wall of text
Similar thing happened to me a while back; i was flying a Scythe somewhere, went after enemy ESF with another Scythe, we finished the enemy ESF, i pulled up but the friendly was close above me and we collided, we both exploded. I pm'd the guy "Sorry mate, my bad " or something along those lines (i always do that if tk's occur). The guy didnt respond, and i thought nothing of it.

So, i took another Scythe and went to same area. I found an enemy ESF, went after it, and killed it. Immediately after that, i start getting plinked by what sounds like a Saron.. so i turn around quickly to see whats shooting me, and what do you know.. its the guy who i collided with earlier.. he promptly kills me, and i pm him "wtf was that".. the guy says that i killed him earlier, this was a payback.. i said i told you i was sorry, it wasnt intentional, and the dude says nothing.. so, i told him fine, if this is how you want to play it.. i can hunt you down too.. and this is when the fun starts;

"Do you know who i am? You don't want to start this with me.. i was voted the best VS pilot you know?"

The guy was Br100 so i had no reason not to believe him. So i replied:

"I dont give a flying fuck who you are. I can TK you just as easily as you can TK me, i don't need to be flying you know? I just decide not to cause im not a fucking conceited dick like you"

After this he didnt say a word anymore...

And yes, if you play on Cobalt, you'll probably know exactly who this guy is...
Old 2014-02-03, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Just because you don't get an apology for getting TKed doesn't mean it was deliberate. I try my best to send tells but it isn't possible about half the time. 90% of the time someone gets ran over it's the it isn't the vehicles fault. First I'd like to say it's SOE who decided to put vehicle ammo and repair on the same vehicle where people spawn(WTF?). All infantry should keep their distance from vehicles, stay off the roads and for the love of god engineers don't repair a magrider in combat!
Also guys never seek revenge on a TKer, it makes you worse then them.

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2014-02-05, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Falcon_br
Captain

Today Evilmind Tked me several times.
I didn´t shoot him back.
Don´t recall any reason for him to tked a BR-8 character three times in a row.
Maybe it is his way to tell the noobs, Welcome to Tkside!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2014-02-05, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Mordelicius
Major

I always report team-killers, griefers and saboteurs in Waterson. There's always these newbies (and worse high lvls) who get to their alts and try to blow up friendly Sunderer.

The other day there was this newbie trying to shotgun the Sunderer.... So, I just repaired it. Then he came back with a rocket launcher. I tried to repair it even if i'm getting hit with splash damage. Then he started aiming for me so I can't repair it. Right then I blasted him and told him I'll be reporting him for trying to blow up friendy Sunderer.

Worse though is they just look for you and shoot you in the spawnroom or while you're just repairing with no enemies around. If they think that's the end of that, they are mistaken.
Old 2014-02-05, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I got reported for TKing a friendly who was TKing friendlies for TKing friendlies. I shared the aspirin with the GM.

Old 2014-02-05, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Illtempered
First Sergeant

my lib team actually gets quite a lot of butthurt TK attempts. what follows is an atrocious wall of text, but there isn't much i can do but break up each anecdote for bite sized consumption. if you soldier through it, thanks. skip to the end for the moral of the story.

===

since we fly on all three factions fairly regularly, we're used to the audio and visual cues of pretty much anything that can come after us. we just sort of expect all friendly air that isn't an outfit mate to turn on us for any reason at any time.

for example, some little kid got in my 2nd seat before my gunner could, so i set the plane to squad. then he flew out behind us in a reaver and tried to rocket pod us. so we turned and daltoned him. then he came out in his lib immediately after that and jumped us with the tank buster. we leapt out of the way, turned on him, dunked on him really hard and continued on our way. he was something like BR55. i was pretty astonished how bad he was.

this type of thing isn't really very notable, but it happens a lot. some guy gets mad that you already had a squad going and doesn't like being left in the warpgate. it's not even like i flew him out and dropped him from 800 meters either. i could have. but i didn't. then they pull this kind of thing and learn a lesson. hopefully.

===

another time this whole TR outfit declared war on us for "stealing their certs" by being at a base capture that we happened to fly by on our way to another fight. they kept stalking and harassing us, sending tells and such. so we let them kill us, took video and stills, and submitted tickets to SOE for in game harassment explaining the situation. SOE immediately responded by saying they understand some amount of TK will happen but that harassment isn't tolerated. so the GM went on spectator and followed them around. we reported another TK not long after that as an update to the ticket and, lo and behold, we got another immediate response from the GM stating "yeah i was actually investigating this ticket over ikanam biolab and i saw that. it's being dealt with." they didn't get banned, but they never spoke to us or fired on us again. i assume they had a meeting with Jesus, and saw the light and the way.

===

the last notable TK story involves a very high ranking player on our server scoreboard, which actually places him high in the running in the competitive scene. he's even competitive on the world top list and high up in a very well regarded outfit.

anyway one day we were playing NC and caught him lurking the edge of our render in a lock-on mossie. he came in to strike and ran back out to render, we chased and he ran. this happened a few times so we just ran him down until he was out of AB and then proceeded to push him hard until he made a mistake and got daltoned.

then we just so happened to run into him somewhere else a bit later, got the drop on him, and daltoned him from above. i guess he got mad.

he came at us again in the mossie, this time doing the distance thing again. he's a good shot but you can't really get the kind of DPS you need doing that. anyway, long story short, my gunner is pretty scary so with him just sort of sitting out there at range it wasn't too hard for her to pop him.

it was some time later that we started getting TK attempts by a mysterious reaver. some guy in an air hammer reaver came at us as we were pulling out of a fight injured. we daltoned him right off, but the plane burned. we dismounted and i asked him in the warpgate "what that was about? why did you try to TK us man?"

i got no response. so we pulled again and again this guy comes in a reaver a bit later. i think this time when i stalled the lib to turn, he just ran into my tail. whoops. then later still, he comes back again. this time we were basically just waiting to hear that reaver on approach so we turned and wasted him just like any other idiot that doesn't know how to fight us. another dalton round through the cockpit.

by this time i was checking his name here on PSU to see if it was some kind of dummy account or what. turns out it really wasn't. it was a full fledged alt just like mine. except i could see from his outfit mates exactly who he was. well, within a reasonable doubt. his mates were all these serverfamous names from that well regarded outfit. and i said to my partner, "no way - this is that guy, butthurt that we beat him in his mossie."

anyway his last lame TK attempt was to pull a galaxy and try to flip us in the warpgate. as if i haven't had to put up with that shit from scrub noobs my whole time flying in PS2. we ran him around in circles for like 45 minutes, putting shells into him and making him limp back into the gate to repair. i think he was trying to get us weapon locked maybe? anyway after he got tired i sat my lib on him and humped it loudly in prox for a bit.

a week later i was watching somebody stream, i forget who, but they had that TKer in the stream and were calling him by his well known, top player name in the teamspeak.

it was him after all.

i'm sort of flattered, really, that one of those Top Dick players that never admits anyone else is good, never displays any sort of sportsmanship or good will, never even says "gg," would go out of his way to try to get his pathetic revenge.

===

the moral of the story

there's a few guys we fight that i don't think are good sports, that only send tells to make excuses about why they lost. i get it; they need to diminish our victory. as if the outcome of one confrontation really threatens anything tangible. but from our end of it, we still value the fight and the experience we gain from it - win or lose. and even if you are a prick, we will always treat you with respect.

my partner and i go out of our way to make friends and build community among the top pilots. that's how we've kept growing as a team, how we stay sharp, and how we can admit to ourselves that we are among good company near the top of the air game - without coming off as being dicks that think we're too good for everyone else. one of our rivals actually put it best when she said "that was a really scary fight, but lets do it again! you have to fight the best to be the best!" and she is. she's one of the best and a real challenge to duel. she's also a fantastic wingmate when we're on the same faction.

and so, to those ace ESFs and the other top lib teams that we fight regularly: my thanks to you for being really tough opponents and good sports. it's a real pleasure to play with and against you. it's you guys and girls that keep us playing day after day, it's you that makes it fun to play with and against you from all three factions.

and to the TKers, the haters, the sore losers, sore winners (even worse): i hope you change. i mean "lol - u mad" but also i hope you change. there's plenty of room up here at the top with the rest of us.
I just had to quote this because the poster is the kind of player we should all aspire to be, and the kind I always try to fill my outfit with. It doesn't matter how good, or bad, you are at this game. The only scrubs who lose are the ones who act like the mystery reaver-pilot, who I'm dying to know the identity of, being a former Markovian.

PM meh

Oh and lols
Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I got reported for TKing a friendly who was TKing friendlies for TKing friendlies. I shared the aspirin with the GM.

Last edited by Illtempered; 2014-02-05 at 07:01 PM.
Old 2014-02-06, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Illtempered View Post
I just had to quote this because the poster is the kind of player we should all aspire to be
Indeed

Originally Posted by Illtempered View Post
and lols
Yeah, I had a chuckle at that
Old 2014-02-11, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
ZeroDefex
Private

My girlfriend and I were playing the other night and some guy shot her in the spawn room with a pistol to the head. She asked why. I shot him dead right then and there. I told him to refrain from TKing my squad mates. His reply was, "I can kill who ever I want." My reply was similar to, "so can I." After he tried to C4 our squad Sunderer, I put the word out to my squad, "kill on sight." After he was killed a few times, he came back as a medic and started to revive and heal us. We stopped killing him. Problem solved.

Last edited by ZeroDefex; 2014-02-11 at 02:42 PM.
Old 2014-02-11, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
OCNSethy
Major

Ive noticed that while im playing infil, I will often get knifed by some random friendly... especially if Im cloaked. I note too that they are often BR 1- 5.

The last two that pulled that crap got a face full of SMG for their trouble. I dont mind dying to the enemy but Im over it from 'friendlies'.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion