Looking for an opponent for Community Clash - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why dont you give me ape tit for $300
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Competition Discussion

Old 2013-10-07, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Looking for an opponent for Community Clash

Any NC or VS outfits out there, or a group of them, wish to fight TRG on 10/23/13 on the Community Clash event on nexus?

Can you field 48?

Prefer someone who hasn't had the chance to play on the CC yet.
Old 2013-10-07, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: Looking for an opponent for Community Clash

Im sure there is someone brave enough to step up and fight the mighty TRG.
Old 2013-10-07, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
Any NC or VS outfits out there, or a group of them, wish to fight TRG on 10/23/13 on the Community Clash event on nexus?

Can you field 48?

Prefer someone who hasn't had the chance to play on the CC yet.
We're game, if someone else hasn't done it.
Old 2013-10-10, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

That would be a clash i would like to see
Old 2013-10-10, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Phrygen
Corporal

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
We're game, if someone else hasn't done it.
Please No.

Challenge NUC or DA+TGWW/QRY.

The stomps are awful to watch (no offense TRG).

Edit: Comment Based on previous match between in TRG vs GOTR, and having scrimed GOTR myself.

Last edited by Phrygen; 2013-10-10 at 11:04 AM.
Old 2013-10-10, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by Phrygen View Post
Please No.

Challenge NUC or DA+TGWW/QRY.

The stomps are awful to watch (no offense TRG).

Edit: Comment Based on previous match between in TRG vs GOTR, and having scrimed GOTR myself.
Really? Just kinda curious what makes you think that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.

Last edited by Sardus; 2013-10-10 at 02:41 PM.
Old 2013-10-10, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Krunk
Private

I think BAX maybe a good group to reach out to for this event.

Phryg's Logic is Phrygen>GOTR>TRG

If i had to be a betting man, due to the fact he has faced off against them quite often.
Old 2013-10-10, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Phrygen
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
Really? Just kinda curious what makes you think that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.
Again, I really don't mean to be insulting. I don't think anyone can realistically compete with Future Crew, NUC, or potentially DA combined with TGWW/QRY in a 48v48 atm. (DVS is as I understand it not competing currently). ZAPs is close but I don't know if they could field a full 48 with enough air power. I wont discuss the Euro teams as I don't know enough about them.

Specifically to TRG, your past experience in RCCC against GOTR, combined with my knowledge of GOTR, and knowledge of Future crew, leads me to the belief that the match is not fair.

There are a lot of great outfits out there. That doesn't mean they can match a top 3 outfit in the world. I love watching the Nebraska Huskers play football. That does not mean i want my favorite college team playing against PFM and the Denver Broncos.

Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
I think BAX maybe a good group to reach out to for this event.

Phryg's Logic is Phrygen>GOTR>TRG

If i had to be a betting man, due to the fact he has faced off against them quite often.
I must take issue with the "Phrygen>GOTR>TRG". First off, I could never solo GOTR . Though i assume you meant "BWC" instead of Phrygen. Also, I am on a 1-2 month leave of absence from PS2 for real life issues (and some tendinitis in my wrist i'm catching early before it becomes a thing). Lastly I will say I have a lot of respect for GOTR, both on live server, and in scrims.

Yes, I have played GOTR a lot of live server, and I was involved in a scrim against them. I will not go into details about the teams I have scrimmed. My judgement is mostly based on GOTR having beaten TRG in a close match, and the fact that GOTR is simply not at the level that Future Crew is at.

As for BAX. As I understand it they are still a small outfit that would probably have difficultly fielding a full 48. I do not know them to have a sufficient air squad. That said i think they definitely deserve another chance in RCCC as their first outing against NNG had a great deal of rule confusion. If BAX could find a solid air squad on mattherson, excluding TGWW/QRY members for obvious reasons, then it could be a solid match.

Its no secret that NUC and Future Crew are always looking for opponents, and that a lot of outfits have no interest (understandably) in facing them. TRG may very well want to face Future Crew, and i have no doubt it would be a learning experiences at the least for their outfit. That does not mean I would enjoy watching that match.

I have read and spoken to members of Future Crew and NUC who are eager for matches and at times find it difficult to find people willing to face them. While that is understandable, I don't see why these two teams haven't faced each other in the RCCC.

Last edited by Phrygen; 2013-10-12 at 07:14 AM.
Old 2013-10-10, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rolfski
Major

I find this whole outfit qualification based on CC/MLG appearance a bit premature tbh, just saying.
Old 2013-10-10, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Phrygen
Corporal

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
I find this whole outfit qualification based on CC/MLG appearance a bit premature tbh, just saying.
There is no PS2 MLG yet. Just RCCC and SOE events. War report isn't really competitive yet.

SOE were the first to begin the qualification based on who they invited to their events frankly.

Also, if you are interested in the potential competitive scene, or simply pay attention, its clear which few teams are on top by a wide margin. Its not premature, its obvious... but that's my opinion, just saying

Last edited by Phrygen; 2013-10-10 at 08:08 PM.
Old 2013-10-12, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Krunk
Private

I believe a opponent has been found in the form of Recursion if I am not mistaken.

So we have a returning group to CC against some fresh-blood thoughts?
Old 2013-10-12, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Need to start offering some sort of reward for these competitions soon to spice things up. Or maybe they do already, I don't know, I lost interest in these "competitions" a while ago since they have gotten stale.
Old 2013-10-12, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Phrygen
Corporal

Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
I believe a opponent has been found in the form of Recursion if I am not mistaken.

So we have a returning group to CC against some fresh-blood thoughts?
Both are new to nexus though.
Old 2013-10-12, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

I would be interested in watching Recurison vs. TRG.

But... can someone slaughter 666 already? >_>
Old 2013-10-13, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Krunk
Private

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
Need to start offering some sort of reward for these competitions soon to spice things up. Or maybe they do already, I don't know, I lost interest in these "competitions" a while ago since they have gotten stale.
What made them stale and how would having a reward resolve that boredom you have acquired?

These outfits prove a lot more than those "of-size" that do not allow themselves to be seen in the light of CC which can and will expose the weakness and strengths of a outfit. At the end of the day these are here to help people learn about the game and challenge themselves.

Do we even know if the 666th have interest in these? From what I have heard they may not be their style.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Competition Discussion