Zealot Maxes need rebalancing - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just my $0.02.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-24, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Sunrock
Major

Re: Zealot Maxes need rebalancing

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Right, so like I said. Prove it, somehow. Give me a video proving it in a fight. Give me anything, other than posts on forums, that shows there's an issue with hit detection boxes that is somehow related to strafing rapidly. It's completely fabricated shit that people have latched on to because players always need an excuse.
Best to look up some one on twitter that record 100% of there game play. I don't. But then I give a fuck if you believe it or not too. Way should any one care if you don't think this exist?

Only one that I care about addressing this are those that work at SOE.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
hashish
Sergeant

lol the first time TR and NC actually come against a decent ratio of VS maxes (becuz before they sucked ass ) and now everyone crying.. Wait till we get some more numbers and well have everyone saying ooooh vs overpowerd hahaha..

Old 2013-05-24, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Best to look up some one on twitter that record 100% of there game play. I don't. But then I give a fuck if you believe it or not too. Way should any one care if you don't think this exist?

Only one that I care about addressing this are those that work at SOE.
Well built argument. I'm sure it will convince SOE they have a problem with their client/server communication.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Figment
Lieutenant General

Luckily both TR, NC and VS are mature and unbiased about this I see.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Dragonskin
Major

I jump into the nerf ZOE shout matches in game, but I'm not totally convinced they are anymore OP than TR or NC maxes. Each has their advantages now... VS didn't have a true advantage before.

VS max hits hard for once and is mobile with zoe.. but can be killed quickly with explosives. If I hit a VS max with a rocket it's severely damaged even with flak armor on. Since VS maxes are so mobile and take a lot of damage with zoe active it's considerably harder for engineers to keep them up unless the zoe max can keep retreating to a safe spot to repair. I have to agree as a person that plays all factions.. the vast majority of the complaints are just because you see so many VS using maxes for once. It's a common sight to see a bunch of TR or NC maxes... now you see a lot of VS maxes too.

NC maxes are killer in CQC.. they can reload WHILE the shield is out and their max rank shield is amazing at soaking damage. Engineers have no trouble hiding behind the NC max keeping it up. NC maxes in biolabs are even more trouble than they were before.. they can make shielded walls denying routes for enemies to break through while allowing allies to fire around them.

TR maxes are scary in lockdown unless you can get behind them, but that can be difficult. They can melt enemies that are not prepared and engineers can hide behind them to keep them up fairly easy. I would say that lockdown is probably the most limiting to me, but it gives TR maxes crazy DPS so.

Overall every faction is complaining about something this patch. Oh, the only thing I seem to hear that might actually be OP about ZOE is that I have heard ZOE maxes are immune to concussion grenades. I haven't confirmed that, but if that is true then that is the only thing that needs to change about ZOE in my opinion.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-05-24 at 08:32 AM.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Well built argument. I'm sure it will convince SOE they have a problem with their client/server communication.
You should learn what the difference is between a statement and an argument.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Corvo
Corporal

The alert on Miller just ended maybe half an hour before the servers went down. Man, I haven't seen that many VS maxes in a while! Seems like every VS was in a MAX suit in the Jaeger's Fist area.

Striker's inability to lock on to MAX units has rendered organized outfit platoons that would tear any attacking force to shreds absolutely useless against VS MAX rushes.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Have to learn new ways to deal with them at closer ranges. Still easy enough to take them out at longer ranges, especially if they are silly enough to have ZOE activated.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
ADADing - is mashing the left and right buttons to confuse the servers hit detection in order not to strafe very far in either direction yet avoid fire in the same way by abusing the game mechanics.
Thanks for this info. I have seen ADADing talked about before, but didn't know what it was referring to. It's probably true that ADADing would effect ZOE hit detection, but that's kinda a necessary evil of being an online game with a lot of players across the world.

It would be like the advantage you have in being aggressive instead of camping in a defensive position. If you are aggressive and rush a position you can get a few millisecond lead on your attack before the person's client registers you on their screen allowing you to kill the person before they can effectively react. Ugh... was going to link the WarpathWrel vid that explained it and I can't find it.. but it's due to client/server communication and is common in FPS games. Sounds like basically another form of the same thing.

Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
Striker's inability to lock on to MAX units has rendered organized outfit platoons that would tear any attacking force to shreds absolutely useless against VS MAX rushes.
This really does need to be changed. It's absolutely crap that my ESRL for my TR is trash against maxes while the NC and VS ESRL are devastating to maxes. I don't care that they took away the ability to lock turrets with the Striker, but having the default launcher or the decimator as our only launchers to combat Maxes is crap. It's not like the striker would be effective in CQC so we would still have to use the other too. It would allow us to hit maxes in ranged battles where the Phoenix and Lancer can be used as well.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-05-24 at 08:53 AM.
Old 2013-05-24, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Simo
Private

Lockdown is a crappy counter

Last edited by Simo; 2013-05-24 at 09:01 AM.
Old 2013-05-24, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
psijaka
Contributor
Major

FAR too early to be crying "Nerf ZOE". A couple of week's experience with/against them needed before even thinking about making that call.

Not that they appear OP in any case; I came up against a few last night, and, whilst they hit hard and can move fast, they are distinctly squishy. And they are lit up like a Christmas Tree; might as well have "Shoot Me" in big neon letters across their chests.

Old 2013-05-24, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

They are very squishy.
I'm a fairly regular Blushift user, but it really fell apart against other Maxes. The Comet didn't really do much of anything. With ZOE things are quite a bit more powerful, especially the Comet and that really helps a lot. Especially because the Vortex doesn't have nearly the anti-infantry capability of the Fracture and Raven.

Everybody else gets something great. The anti-everything Fracture (That fucking screen shake, man), the instagib-everything-up-close Hacksaw, which is even more evil now.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2013-05-24, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
FAR too early to be crying "Nerf ZOE". A couple of week's experience with/against them needed before even thinking about making that call.
Agreed. At which time we might actually have come to the conclusion that they aren't as effective as first presumed; when we learn how to better counter them.

I'm not particularly worried about the devs nerfing any of the new MAX abilties based on complaints from the community. They have the metric data to check just how much more effective all the MAXs' have become since the update, or rather the devs will have the necessary data after some time. We'll see.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-24, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Bankrotas
Private

All I know, that there was done some research and ZOE increases MAX walk speed a bit too much.
Thing is, due to movement faster than infantry walking and run speed, there isn't much reason to take normal class instead of a max.

Last edited by Bankrotas; 2013-05-24 at 10:25 AM.
Old 2013-05-24, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
moosepoop
Captain

why is ZOE a permanent ability instead of a temporary one with cooldown? makes no sense.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion