News: SOE - Prosiebensat FAQ - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Premium internet pimping service!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-03-31, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
xXGumpXX
Banned

Re: SOE - Prosiebensat FAQ

i hope the beta starts soon , i'm guessing that this game will be ready for release in 6 mths time considering its in Alpha testing the next test will be the beta then hopefully the game should be released like 6 weeks after the beta or something like that
Old 2012-03-31, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Sounds OK for the most part, but I don't know what to make of this:
"Changes MAY occur within games, specifically these would be regional, though the spiel here doesn't go into specifics the concept suggest that they would "like" to make any changes to games tailored towards individual cultures and the wants of the players within those."

I can't think of anything that makes sense here .. A beret+baguette customisation option for french players? Lederhosen for ze german speakers? "game tailored towards individual cultures" .. I don't get it. The game is set in a relative distant future .. what do todays "individual cultures" have to do with that? While typing that I actually just came up with ONE thing that might make sense. Many people like to display their nationality in their names, so maybe some custom skins that display a small flag on your breast or shoulder somewhere could be attractive to them.

I just hope they don't break the game.
Old 2012-03-31, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Shogun
Contributor
General

"changes to games tailored towards individual cultures and the wants of the players within those."

as long as brollywood doesn´t put weisswurst-hats and leather pants into the store

i hope this doesn´t affect ps2 at all and is more for the rpg games.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-03-31, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
texico
Master Sergeant

Am I the only one still quite annoyed about this in the first place? They took two steps backwards and one step forward - hardly worth praise.

Even if, as a euro player, I can now join a US server, I'm going to have higher ping. So it's either worse service or high ping. US players are just going to get both. Even if the ping isn't THAT bad, it still just makes you feel like a second rate customer.

That's not to mention that I suspect the US server is going to have a lot higher population now from the euro's who do join the US server. Pro7 already has a bad rep AND people are just naturally going to feel more comfortable playing with the actual creators of the game. Hell, I think my brother says he's going to play the US server rather than Pro7 if he can.

You're also kind of lumping us all together if you think Pro7 is representative of Europe, and Europe is something like the States in the US. This company from Germany feels WAY more foreign to me (from the UK) than any USA company, and especially given some of the things I've heard about it, it makes me uncomfortable giving these guys personal details.

So yeah, still extremely disappointed. I'm not going to sit here and give praise for progress when the move is still a lot lot worse than it could have been if Europe was still with SOE, like PS1.

Last edited by texico; 2012-03-31 at 07:04 AM.
Old 2012-03-31, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Shogun
Contributor
General

???

the servers are all soe, not pro7.

i don´t understand your point, and don´t call out the ping again. that has nothing to do with pro7.

you will still be forced to play "under" pro7 because eu soe accounts will be converted to pro7 accounts. i don´t think it will be possible for eu players to have nothing to do with pro7 at all. we can choose where to play, but it will be with a pro7 account.

this sucks, because i would rather give my money to soe instead of pro7, but that´s the way it is now.
at least they let us choose where to play and they will put tv commercials up for the game to draw in players all over europe.

Old 2012-03-31, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
texico
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
???

the servers are all soe, not pro7.

i don´t understand your point, and don´t call out the ping again. that has nothing to do with pro7.

you will still be forced to play "under" pro7 because eu soe accounts will be converted to pro7 accounts. i don´t think it will be possible for eu players to have nothing to do with pro7 at all. we can choose where to play, but it will be with a pro7 account.

this sucks, because i would rather give my money to soe instead of pro7, but that´s the way it is now.
at least they let us choose where to play and they will put tv commercials up for the game to draw in players all over europe.
No, I meant, if a Euro player chooses to play on a US server because he wants to get away from Pro7, he'll have to deal with higher ping, so the "oh we can play with the US now, it's all normal" isn't quite right. This was back when I thought that using a US server meant only having to deal with SOE -.-

Still then, the rest applies. We know it will suck having to deal with pro7, so it was a bad move by SOE.

Also, unless this company has major ambitions and money, I doubt we're gonna hear a thing about this game in the UK from pro7.
Old 2012-03-31, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Shogun
Contributor
General

i understand this fear.

and the reputation of pro7 is bad due to the alaplaya past. but soe´s track record isn´t much better.

since pro7 is just starting to take over the european online gaming market, i still hope that their media presence outside of germany will increase a lot.

maybe brollywood could check and tell us something about the plans for mediapresence in other eu countrys?

ps2 will be the very first AAA title in pro7´s game portfolio and nobody knows if they can stand up to this challange. at least they showed us now, that they are not totally ignoring our concerns. it took too much time but it happened finally. i guess we took them by surprise and they had to hire guys like brollywood at first, before they could react properly.

Old 2012-03-31, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
They cant just convert accounts. That would be big legal issue. You have to create new one and link it. They can force you by locking you from your account without new one but cant automatically convert it.

So if we cant play on US servers with SOE acc, and need pro7 one, that mean US players can play on EU servers with SOE acc. That would be fine. I only need to fake myself as a US player when creating SOE acc, and then play in Europe with low pings. In either way i should be able play under soe acc as i wont touch pro7 acc with a mile stick.
Old 2012-03-31, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

You guys really need to stop blaming Pro7 for something they havent even done yet.

At least give them a chance to ruin everything before you blame them for ruining everything.
Old 2012-03-31, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
You guys really need to stop blaming Pro7 for something they havent even done yet.

At least give them a chance to ruin everything before you blame them for ruining everything.
The company responsible for Sat1 and it's TV program can't be blamed enough. But more than them, I blame the people who actually watch it.
Old 2012-03-31, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by basti View Post

They can have chance, they can try and prove theyre good. But not on a game that i want to play most.
Old 2012-03-31, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by BlazingSun View Post
The company responsible for Sat1 and it's TV program can't be blamed enough. But more than them, I blame the people who actually watch it.
lol thats true

but the company is also responsible for the tv channel pro7 and this one is a lot better than sat1. there is no tv channel that only shows good shows and films, but pro7 seems to have less pathetic cheesy stuff than most others. or at least they counter this stuff by some good stuff and a lot of blockbusters.
the censorship sucks bad, but that´s german tv in general and i wouldn´t blame the company.

Old 2012-03-31, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
They can have chance, they can try and prove theyre good. But not on a game that i want to play most.
EQ2, DCUO, Free Realms, Clone wars, and the rest.

Its very very likley those games will be transfered before PS2 gets released.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
ThGlump
Captain

Not with enough headstart. that speed they are taking not know every detail yet, i expect they switch to pro7 in 3-6 months, having like 6 months headstart on PS2 (if we are lucky getting it soon), which is not enough to prove if its good or bad, and definitely not enough time to switch back if its bad step.
Old 2012-03-31, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by BlazingSun View Post
Need to relax a little on this front. Corporations are NOT just one person and shouldn't be addressed as such, they're made up of many individuals all with conflicting views, opinions and motives.

While the guys responsible for this might be at the very top they're not going to be the people making the operations level decisions, they will employ those with experience in the field to manage the gaming side of the company as opposed to attempting to throw their experience at it, they're business people, they want to make money, failure means not making money, this is enough to at least give the new branch of the company a chance to prove itself.

It's like this, you don't treat Microsoft and the xbox live teams as the same company as a whole, it's the same deal. While the overruling brand that governs them is the same divisions of companies are often vastly different in mindsets and approaches. It's a new branch for the company and they're going to want to do their best, at least in their settling period. Until we know whether they're going to go down the path of EA or Valve it is unfair to label them the devil. Being demonised and slagged off from the get go is a VERY quick way to demoralise a team and make them hate the people they do their job for though.

I for one support them, wholeheartedly, until they prove they don't deserve that support.

Time will tell.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion