Planetside on Steam - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Auraxis off shore call centre. "hello how can I help?"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-03-01, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dominion
Private

Planetside on Steam

I don't know how much effort it would take for SOE to get Planetside on steam but if it was minimal I feel it being added would attract more players maybe? I know new players might look at Planetside 2 & think 'oo shiny' & ignore Planetside but I just feel it might make people more aware of it. They're aren't that many MMOFPS' to begin with. But then again maybe I'm wrong.
Old 2014-03-01, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
GodlessHeretic
Private

Re: Planetside on Steam

Might not be a bad idea, but i'm not expecting SOE to front the effort.
Old 2014-03-02, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Of course we want that, so who's finding the right person to ask? Because this thread has been made every time we hear FTP news

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2014-03-02, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

It's been hinted at in the past but it's never really gotten past that. I doubt they would put PS up on Steam at this stage of it's life. I do know that Steam offers a Greenlight service that allows smaller games to be put on Steam. Maybe there's some sort of coercing that could happen that could land PS on Steam someday.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2014-03-02, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

PS1 wouldn't be the first old game added to Steam.

Old 2014-03-03, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Raymondo
Private

Sadly i dont think the game going F2P will make any difference population wise

Last May when SOE gave 6 month Planetside sub to anyone who had ever played Planetside & PS2.......other then the first couple of days the game was dead

If anything i would make the most of it why you can

Unless a good amount of people actually start playing when it goes F2P...it wouldnt surprise me if they shut the game down all together

Last edited by Raymondo; 2014-03-03 at 04:36 PM.
Old 2014-03-03, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Gunuko
Corporal

Someone please point out to SOE if you get the chance, that classic games from the 1990's and early 2000's are on Steam, it's the perfect place to put Planetside 1.
Old 2014-03-03, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Raymondo View Post
.......other then the first couple of days the game was dead
That had more to do with no one having any idea the game was going to go free/no official announcement. If I recall correctly, there wasn't one mention of what would happen on May 20th. I by chance happened to log on to PS1 and saw the game populated as it had apparently gone F2P. No email was sent out to let players know. No announcement. Nothing.

Hamma sent out an email to PSU accounts but it wasn't enough to maintain a decent population. Mysteriously a bug occurred in game that enable the Wasp to do insane amounts of damage to armor and maxes (Killing them in one or two clips) and thus the already small population dwindled.

Hopefully we won't get a repeat of last year. So far, the only official word has been on SOE's ghost town of an official forum. No email sent out yet letting people know. Only people who know so far are from word of mouth. Is it too late to request Hamma to send out another email?

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2014-03-04, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gunuko
Corporal

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
That had more to do with no one having any idea the game was going to go free/no official announcement. If I recall correctly, there wasn't one mention of what would happen on May 20th. I by chance happened to log on to PS1 and saw the game populated as it had apparently gone F2P. No email was sent out to let players know. No announcement. Nothing.

Hamma sent out an email to PSU accounts but it wasn't enough to maintain a decent population. Mysteriously a bug occurred in game that enable the Wasp to do insane amounts of damage to armor and maxes (Killing them in one or two clips) and thus the already small population dwindled.

Hopefully we won't get a repeat of last year. So far, the only official word has been on SOE's ghost town of an official forum. No email sent out yet letting people know. Only people who know so far are from word of mouth. Is it too late to request Hamma to send out another email?

It doesn't require having to have a subscription, or a past Planetside 1 account, you can literally make an account and your good to go. They just need a CSR to be on, use an intern or something like that, just have someone to deal with cheaters and name callers.

If it goes on Steam, that would be awesome, there are games from the 1990's and early 2000's on there doing amazing! They may even be able to put in VAC hack detection, to make things even better.

Last edited by Gunuko; 2014-03-04 at 04:13 PM.
Old 2014-03-08, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sarloh
Corporal

Steam = Work + Profit + Player awareness of the game.
Old 2014-03-10, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Mightymouser
Master Sergeant

They'd need to fix the Wasp/Cyssor bug and reenable core-combat before a Steam launch, or they'd be risking more damage to the brand than boost.
Old 2014-03-17, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
BlueTiger
Private

Originally Posted by Sarloh View Post
Steam = Work + Profit + Player awareness of the game.
Yes guys, please get the game on Steam, it will put Planetside 2 on peoples minds when they are not playing Planetside 2 or if they are bored of it. People who have played Planetside 2 might want to try out Planetside 1 as well.

I would ask some of the developers to open up a Stats website at least for Planetside 1 as well, to show all Merits and kills that year, as well as xp for that year.
-#6 Kill Leaderboard Markov New Conglomerate.-
-66k killls on BlueTiger Mid 2005,also known as Gunuko.-
-JackHammer, Scat Max, Vanguard Tank, Phoenix Rocket BlueTiger Combo.-
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion