Planetside 2 System Requirements? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please, stop harrassing Vanu.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-20, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 System Requirements.?

I do want to run HIGH resolutiuon

Also, I won't have to upgrade for a while.
The processor is my primary focus. I'm hoping for something faster that the 990 yet also OC's safely & reliably.

Primarily, it's a semi-delusional wish list. PS can do that that to a person. I don't splurge on much, but a PS dedicated machine is an exception. I'd rather have MORE than I need than be under-powered.

I've got $2,500 set aside already - I would be just fine at that price point if I chose not to save/spend more.

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-07-21 at 04:17 PM.
Old 2011-07-20, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
Primarily, it's a semi-delusional wish list. PS can that that to a person. I don't splurge on much, but a PS dedicated machine is an exception. I'd rather have MORE than I need than be under-powered.
Yup, unfortunately I'm in college with no job so I get to upgrade a tiny bit every couple of years.
Old 2011-07-20, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Yup, unfortunately I'm in college with no job so I get to upgrade a tiny bit every couple of years.
lol! Good times eh? I'm IT tech paying for my 2/2 apartment and living with my fiancée and 8mo daughter... And let me tell you, Miami is one expensive city to live. I was in NY a month ago and C.O.L. Is around the same :-(. I just don't have the expenses to go all out like I use to, atleast not yet :-).
Old 2011-07-20, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
BronzeElemental
Private

With such low required specs a playstation 3 would blow it out of the water. No reason NOT to port to console IMO.
Old 2011-07-20, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by BronzeElemental View Post
With such low required specs a playstation 3 would blow it out of the water. No reason NOT to port to console IMO.
You're an idiot without a doubt.
Old 2011-07-20, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Hamma
PSU Admin

Bronze you are on notice.

Back on topic please ignore his post.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-20, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
Memory: 12GB (2GB X 6) DDR3/1600MHz
CPU: Intel Core i7-990 Extreme Edition 3.46 GHz
MB: GigaByte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 Chipset
VIdeo: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe

This was the core stuff I refenced to them in my initial inquiry.

This was the direction I was leaning to in June, but I'm waffling....and open to input from those (here)more on-the-ball than I.
Why oh why get a 990X and only spend $300 on a 570
Old 2011-07-20, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Why oh why get a 990X and only spend $300 on a 570
I thought he said somewhere that he had two and was considering a third.
Old 2011-07-20, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
You summed up how I usually tell people to build computers. Go big or go home. Hate watching friends who pick up a mid-range computer every upgrade and never experience games how they were meant to be played.

Sadly we're going to see a few people do that. I saw someone pick up a single 460 the other day just because it was cheap. :'(
This has to be a satire, because the sheer ignorance and self absorbed undertone is too thick to even look past. That, or this guy is a complete douche bag in real life and doesn't have real friends, just people he gets along with for the mean time. I'm picking up a GTX 460 as well, you wanna talk shit about that?
Part satire. However, you missed my key point. On a technical side I was pointing out a serious flaw in logic. The reason the 460 GTX is recommended is because people assume you'll buy 2 and run them in SLI which is far cheaper than running a single 580 GTX.

Also as a friendly reminder, don't resort to personal attacks on these forum. I was at Cedar Point today with friends. Just got back at 11 PM to read forums.

I'd imagine the 460 would be perfect for running the game though. I've been more worried about people thinking they can use a DX9 card with the features we've heard already.
Old 2011-07-20, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Bags
Lieutenant General

Part satire. However, you missed my key point. On a technical side I was pointing out a serious flaw in logic. The reason the 460 GTX is recommended is because people assume you'll buy 2 and run them in SLI which is far cheaper than running a single 580 GTX.

Also as a friendly reminder, don't resort to personal attacks on these forum. I was at Cedar Point today with friends. Just got back at 11 PM to read forums.

I'd imagine the 460 would be perfect for running the game though. I've been more worried about people thinking they can use a DX9 card with the features we've heard already.
Maverick up in this bitch?

And I don't see why anyone would recommend a card thinking it will be SLI'd when someone states they are on a budget. :/

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-20 at 10:49 PM.
Old 2011-07-20, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
SKYeXile
Major General

Yea, i would avoid SLI or crossfire...personally. get the duel GPU single card, no issues then. Id probably also not get an Nvidia card, but thats just me.
Old 2011-07-20, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Sirisian
Colonel

And I don't see why anyone would recommend a card thinking it will be SLI'd when someone states they are on a budget. :/
Well I based it off a friend that went the SLI route. He kept linking me to benchmarks in favor of SLI. It's a really nice budget setup actually to use the 460 in SLI.

Maverick up in this bitch?
(Okay only post off topic I'll make. I went in 2007 when they were building it, so I rode it the first time today. The tunnel launch was amazing. I've never seen it in a roller coaster). It was 99 F in Sandusky though. I think it scared people away so we only had 1 hour 15 minute waits basically on all the coasters (Even millenium force. Then again to be fair we were there when it opened). Fun fact a prius can take you from Kalamazoo Michigan to Sandusky Ohio and back with a single tank).

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-07-20 at 11:00 PM.
Old 2011-07-20, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Bags
Lieutenant General

Meh, my lone 460 will have to be enough because I doubt my 500w PSU can do SLI. And SLI ain't too budgety if I have to buy a new PSU. Though my next round of upgrades will probably include a PSU.

I love staying at a hotel in the park whenever I go, as you get in very early the next morning. Maverick = thrice in 30 minutes, Millennium = quatroice(?) in 30 minutes.
Old 2011-07-21, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Meh, my lone 460 will have to be enough because I doubt my 500w PSU can do SLI. And SLI ain't too budgety if I have to buy a new PSU. Though my next round of upgrades will probably include a PSU.

I love staying at a hotel in the park whenever I go, as you get in very early the next morning. Maverick = thrice in 30 minutes, Millennium = quatroice(?) in 30 minutes.
Bags, you and I are kinda on the same PC boat.
I'm running my 80% 630w, watercooled E8400 @ 4.0Ghz, 4GB ram, 2x velociraptors Raid0 in adaptec hardware raidcard 256MB ram w/ battery (those 3 things are worth more than my whole computer, lol) and HD4850 512MB. the only plausible upgrade routes are... A) buy an i5 2500k + P series mobo + ram and keep my card (even though it's old tech) or B) buy a GTX 460 1GB, run the system for it's necessity and upgrade in the next year. So for right now instead of dishing out the 400, i'll pay 160 for what I need and when it comes time to upgrade (ivy bridge will be out by then) i'll cop that and get a much better performance boost having already the GTX 460 1GB. Makes perfect sense right?
Old 2011-07-21, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

For the most part I believe most gamers have moved past any DX9 gen card. There is likely many XP users that have DX10/DX11 cards on XP, but are limited to DX9 since XP has no support for that. My 7900 had trouble running the original PS with full detail on 1280x1024 (SLI helped me bump it up). Those users on even x1900/7900 will likely have trouble running this game even on low I bet.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion