Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2013-03-21, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Warframe.

Been playing this game in the soft open beta with a friend from my outfit GOTR.

Pretty awesome game, and a free download!
It has a micro transaction system very similar to PS2 but unlike PS2 you get upgrades, new gear etc. fast enough playing for free that it doesn't seem necessary to pay. Playing free it feels pretty much like any third person shooter with rpg elements you might have played before.

The game has slick graphics, an awesome art style and very fun fast paced cooperative combat.

People should check it out and if they do let me know your name in the game!
Old 2013-05-07, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Assist
Contributor
Major

Re: Warframe.

I've been playing this the past few days, it is quite fun. I don't know how long it will last, but it's neat for a completely free game. I haven't put any money into it and I've been having a blast, downloaded it through steam.

It's not a very deep game, but the combat is a lot of fun with the wall-walking, slides, jumps, and such. Progression/mod system is very cool, you pick up 'mods' which are displayed as cards, then you level your Warframe(character), and Weapons up they gain mod slots, then you equip different mods into those slots to gain different bonuses(fire rate, mag size, move speed, fire/ice damage, etc). If you've ever played Hellgate London it's somewhat a mix between Hellgate and Diablo style progression/end game. It has a crafting system of sorts, haven't messed with it much other than to see it's used to create weapons/new warframe classes.

Worth checking out if you're bored and want a different style of shooter. It's not a super complex game, it's a completely different style of shooter from PS2, but it is worth the short download IMO!
Old 2013-05-31, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Vindictus in the future. WHOO!

I'm going to give this game a go at some point. Hoping it won't be too easy and that it will be a real challenge. Looking forward to playing as Ash with a sword and teleporting. Ahh... The good old days where I did that on virgil in DMC3. Good times.

Speaking of which, I done that game on Dante Must die mode along with Bloody Palace with both characters. So this game better have a hard option or something. It'll probably go along Vindictus's lines where it starts easy and gets harder and harder as you go on (Thor's a bitch. >_>)

That said, Warframe better not do what Vin did with rare drops. That dragon tear on Vin has like a 0.01% drop rate on a boss that can only be killed so many times in a week. Not fun. Ended up in insanely high prices for just one bit of armor that had the tear as a material and this is after everything in the game had been done storyline wise. Ended up not playing anymore because of that. *Really wanted to have some armor that makes you look like a dragon hybrid* There's only so much effort I'm willing to put in before saying "This game is consuming my life and turning fighting into a chore instead of having fun doing it."

At that point, what's the point in playing anymore?

So yea, looking good for Warframe so far but I'm keeping a very close eye on it.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2013-05-31 at 07:39 PM.
Old 2013-06-06, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
camycamera
Major

been thinking of getting this game, have seen some gameplay of a guy do a frontflip, jump and dive in the air with duel pistols blazing and finish off the rest with duel katanas. AWESOME. but i have some other games to get first....
Old 2013-06-22, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
omega four
Staff Sergeant

While this game looks pretty good, I must admit that there's something about it that doesn't appeal to me. I think it looks like court jesters run amok and on a killing spree in some futuristic world.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion