Scratchpads / Map overlay art - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Our servers need to recharge!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-07, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Machine
Corporal

Scratchpads / Map overlay art

Would be really awesome to have a blank canvas and/or map as a canvas that can be drawn on that can show different colors for outfit stuff and squad stuff. Should be able to toggle on off individually per group type. maybe a submit an idea from scratchpad to SL or Outfit without it going to every member prior to being approved.

Its late and I'm not too sure if this came out clear, but picture "football-like plays drawn as X's and O's" overlayed onto a map of hossin.

basically a picture is worth a thousand words. or maybe an app for phones could do this better. or maybe there is one.. uhg i need to sleep.
Old 2012-04-08, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bonius
Sergeant

Re: Scratchpads / Map overlay art

Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Would be really awesome to have a blank canvas and/or map as a canvas that can be drawn on that can show different colors for outfit stuff and squad stuff. Should be able to toggle on off individually per group type. maybe a submit an idea from scratchpad to SL or Outfit without it going to every member prior to being approved.

Its late and I'm not too sure if this came out clear, but picture "football-like plays drawn as X's and O's" overlayed onto a map of hossin.

basically a picture is worth a thousand words. or maybe an app for phones could do this better. or maybe there is one.. uhg i need to sleep.
You mean like the map overlay in the original PS where participants in a squad could see whatever the squad/platoon leader drew up on their tactical map?
Old 2012-04-11, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Machine
Corporal

Originally Posted by Bonius View Post
You mean like the map overlay in the original PS where participants in a squad could see whatever the squad/platoon leader drew up on their tactical map?
yes but better with some interaction for the squad members to do one to submit to the SL / OL
Old 2012-04-12, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MercDT
Sergeant

Maps tool are a must for this game. It would be also pretty nice if we can use those same maps tools outside the game for easier development of planning.
Old 2012-04-13, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Eclipse
Private

i like this idea - it would be extremely helpful, especially for the teamwork and macro-gameplay aspects that PS2 seems to be pushing. However, i also see the possibility for MASSIVE abuse and the need to keep a carton of mind-bleach handy if you know your CO is a bit of a prankster.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault