PSU Q&A With Higby - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where everybody knows your name.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-02, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Blue
Private

Re: PSU Q&A With Higby

Aside from unique weapons / vehicles / sidegrades, will empires themselves have unique traits that are not merely asthetic?
Example:
TR - Organized XP boost from proximity to squad leader
NC - Guerilla Warfare XP boost from behind enemy line captures
VS - Alien Tech Limited ammunition regeneration
Old 2012-04-02, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
stordito
Staff Sergeant

what will be SOE strategy to advertise the game and get more people to know it? (beside beta and F2P i mean) TY, Smack <3
Old 2012-04-02, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Owalpo

Can the fans get a estimated time the beta will start for early access? doesn't need to be exact. Or at least the month it will begin.

Have fun guys

edit: spelling

Last edited by Owalpo; 2012-04-02 at 02:48 PM.
Old 2012-04-02, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Bazilx
First Sergeant

We know that the pacing will be faster than Planetside 1 but how much faster? Can you give us any example or idea of what to expect in relation to Call of Duty or Battlefield for example?

Last edited by Bazilx; 2012-04-02 at 02:36 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-02, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

I think rather than "Sitting down" for an interview, we should do it while playing Laser Tag against each other. Deal?
Old 2012-04-02, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
MgFalcon
Captain

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I think rather than "Sitting down" for an interview, we should do it while playing Laser Tag against each other. Deal?
You're talking to a Vanu Sovereignty Soldier! I'll whoop your New Conglomerate ass at lasertag!

So deal!
Old 2012-04-02, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Nobel
Master Sergeant

That big ship in the sky from concept art? Any hint on what that is/if it will still be a part of Planetside 2?
Old 2012-04-02, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Please post One Question you would like to be asked. Please do not post multiple questions or multipart questions. If it has already been asked we will not ask it (we will pick questions to the best of our ability.).

This thread will be heavily moderated to remove anything that is not a question so please do not use this thread for discussion. If you wish to discuss something from this topic please create another thread.

I deleted some posts. Keep it on topic.

(Higby gets a pass due to being Higby)

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-04-02 at 03:50 PM.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Wargrim
Sergeant

Some of those might have already been answered somewhere, if so, ignore them.

- Can we get more details on the resource system?
- Is there a minimum / maximum income on the empire level? Will an empire that got pushed back into its foothold on a continent get any resources from that continent?
- Empire wide resource pool? Continent wide resource pool?
- Is there a minimum / maximum income on a player level?
- AFAIK, there is a maximum amount of resources a player can hoard. Is there a limit per resource type, or are all resources pooled together? ( In case one, i could never get more than x amount of tankium, in case two, i could hoard more tankium by wasting spare aircraftium. )
- How does empire income translate to individual income? Simple division, or does it take into factor stuff like activity, missions accomplished, hexes taken, or presence in a hex that you capture? In other words, do i want to fight in the tankium fields to get more tankium, or do i generally want to support my empire somewhere around the tankium fields?
- Since we get xp/cert points when offline, do we also get ingame resources when offline?
- Can we trade resources within our empire? I give you my aircraftium for your tankium?
- Can ingame resources be exchanged for station cash or the other way around? ( I assume no, because it sounds like selling power. )

- Will items always cost the same, fixed price, or will there be pricing adjustments based on demand/deployment? ( Like, we are rolling a whole lot of tanks but next to no aircraft, spawning even more tanks will cost more tankium per spawned tank, while aircraft are at a discount of aircraftium. )

- AFAIK, there will be no VR Training Centers in PS2. How do you plan to allow players to try out upgrades/sidegrades/certs/consumables before spending xp/cert points/ingame resources/station cash on them?
Old 2012-04-02, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Matt, can you expand on the implementation of Qui's offspring in PS2?

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-04-02, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Dragonien
Private

Hi would like to know, will there be a surge test?
So to see the servers capacity, before the game goes live?

Would hate for there to be a jumpy start : )
Old 2012-04-02, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Arby
Private

We know each vehicle has sidegrades, is there a plan (or already implemented) to make one of the sidegrades possible to shift the driver's main gun to the gunner's control, allowing for a dedicated driver and a dedicated gunner?
Old 2012-04-02, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
lazerlord
Private

What will happen to planetside 1? will it be deleted from the servers? will it be open source? Will you continue supporting it?
Old 2012-04-02, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
jsf
Private

I notice in the last movie ''New Gametrailers Alpha Footage'' that the tank barrel does not recoil back when fired. Will this be added?

Also i notice in the infantry part of the movie; there is 1 animation now. every time the bullet was loaded in the barrel.

when you reload with bullets in the clip there should be no ''reload from clip'' animation.

for example look at BF3 how they do reloading of weapons. its realistic.

so question 1 is: will tanks have recoiling barrels.
question 2 is: will there be different reloading animations for weapons.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Matt-

As far as bridge battles are concerned, I saw a screenshot of a bridge and it looked like it had a substructure to it, kind of like Battlefield 2142 had a main bridge deck and then a substructure that you could battle on...like stairs and ladders. Will that be a dimension that is included with the bridge battles on PS2?
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion