News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 1 gun + another gun = 2 guns. Wow we are smart!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-08, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Morsong
Sergeant

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

the dynamic xp alone makes me excited as this was something I was saying was needed since launch. Also can someone clarify this for me? Higby mentioned that xp will be better sorted and mentioned defense xp. Does he mean that players will now gain xp for defending a base finally, or did it just mean that all the xp contributed to whatever a player is doing will be better sorted out?
Old 2013-01-08, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zulthus
Colonel

I'm glad (and amazed) that they added dynamic XP and tunnels under the base. The next issue they should focus on IMO is the metagame... I can't play anymore from sheer boredom. The resource system is largely pointless, since filling them is such a trivial task. Other than that, it's just a giant deathmatch ATM, not much more really.

Can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves for 2013.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Great stuff!

"◦Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses & population bonuses"

Does that mean XP for defence or am I just being overly optimistic?
Originally Posted by Morsong View Post
the dynamic xp alone makes me excited as this was something I was saying was needed since launch. Also can someone clarify this for me? Higby mentioned that xp will be better sorted and mentioned defense xp. Does he mean that players will now gain xp for defending a base finally, or did it just mean that all the xp contributed to whatever a player is doing will be better sorted out?
You already get passive +10% experience while fighting in territory your empire controls; course, this goes mostly unnoticed, so they're going to be doing something to make it more obvious how much that bonus has impacted you.

From that line I didn't get any change to capture mechanics (ie, a big bonus on resecure).

Edit:
Even if the tunnels are very simplistic for this initial implementation, I'm really excited to have them just as a first step towards base capturing having "phases" to the fight (past hold the line -> allourbasearebelongtothem)

Last edited by Kail; 2013-01-08 at 11:13 PM.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
MyOdessa
Private

Higby loves air power, so he does not address or care about #1 complaint on forums, i.e. OP air power, especially Liberator.

Great job on not responding to the main complaint in PS2 so far. Minor redesign of bases, but no plans on improving meta-game or defensibility of bases.

Pilots can continue to farm everything on the ground, without hard counter from the ground.

Airside 2 FTL.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
ChrisLand
Corporal

It is a step in the right direction, however fails to address making resources / territory matter which is a huge issue for me.

Very excited for tunnels, SMGs, XP changes, and UI changes though.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Its better than nothing.
I hope the XP changes dont see cert gain impacted.

Sorting of Outfit tabs...what we got, Name, Rank, Status and soon Last Online?

Server transfer token...1000SC maybe?

Hopefully UI changes means the Leader Board might work again.
They might even even add some more stats OR even release the Player pages on the web.

Hotspot MKIV, good luck.

New spawn buildings, not rehashed old spawn buildings.

Finally missile fixes...

I'd love to see a list of their known bugs and which they intend on fixing this patch.
Hope the bugs fixes are done before the other changes are made and inevitably more bugs are introduced.

Wonder if the flickering screen bug, which is like eye aids, will get a look in.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MyOdessa View Post
Higby loves air power, so he does not address or care about #1 complaint on forums, i.e. OP air power, especially Liberator.

Great job on not responding to the main complaint in PS2 so far. Minor redesign of bases, but no plans on improving meta-game or defensibility of bases.

Pilots can continue to farm everything on the ground, without hard counter from the ground.

Airside 2 FTL.
Did you miss the part about flak getting an accuracy buff, and SAMs working as intended? Or, like, what?
Old 2013-01-08, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Did you miss the part about flak getting an accuracy buff, and SAMs working as intended? Or, like, what?
Still doesn't seem to make any changes to the lib.
As i said i like the patch, but i don't feel its enough to get me back into the game. There still is no meta game, and i hope we see that next month. To bring back the player base this just isn't enough. Here's to Feb bringing bigger changes, otherwise we will just have to see.

Last edited by james; 2013-01-08 at 11:32 PM.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

There's some good changes, there's a few bad ones, but this hardly addresses the major community concerns. Unfortunately this rates very low on the excit-o-meter.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Second to last item; "Air vehicle weapon tweaks". Hopefully this will encompass the Liberator.

Originally Posted by james View Post
Still doesn't seem to make any changes to the lib.
As i said i like the patch, but i don't feel its enough to get me back into the game. There still is no meta game, and i hope we see that next month.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by GraniteRok View Post
Second to last item; "Air vehicle weapon tweaks". Hopefully this will encompass the Liberator.
I hope so to, but i will believe it when i see it. SOE has seemed to make more problems out of fixes than solutions. I'll give it a try when the patch comes out, but my excitement level is quite low.

Last edited by james; 2013-01-08 at 11:35 PM.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
TotalEclipse
Private

For the 2nd real update it's pretty good. Really looking forward to fighting in the tunnels.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Guys, "Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses..." Simply means you will get a pop up when you do something like "+10 defense bonus"
Old 2013-01-08, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by Rahabib View Post
Guys, "Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses..." Simply means you will get a pop up when you do something like "+10 defense bonus"
Gotcha.. thanks

Sigh, I was getting a little excited by the thought of a defensive bonus.
Old 2013-01-09, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Well they are adding the change that matters to me personally more than everything else -

"Dynamic / player configurable colors for minimap & overhead indicators for enemies, friendlies, and squads within a platoon"

I will finally be able to join squads without killing friendlies.
So over all I cant help but to be happy.

That said I really hope the zephyer and pods are getting a big nerf..

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-01-09 at 12:15 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion