Planetside 2 System Requirements? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Must obey Hamma...... Must obey Hamma......
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-19, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 System Requirements.?

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I intend to build a couple badass computers for Jen and I in the next several months. I want to smash mine every time I use it
I used to say that alot Hamma...til finally one day it started losing some very important data and lockin up on startup, and just went downhill from there for a good week. After 6 years of reliable pc gaming, it was time to put it out to pasture. I ordered the new one, then took the old one outside and proceeded to smash it into tiny bits. It felt like a scene outta Office Space. Good times indeed!
Old 2011-07-19, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

haha awesome

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-20, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
I used to say that alot Hamma...til finally one day it started losing some very important data and lockin up on startup, and just went downhill from there for a good week. After 6 years of reliable pc gaming, it was time to put it out to pasture. I ordered the new one, then took the old one outside and proceeded to smash it into tiny bits. It felt like a scene outta Office Space. Good times indeed!
Hmm, I spend too much time repairing computers. I can't get past the part where you wasted a bunch of good components.
Old 2011-07-20, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SKYeXile
Major General

Can I runs PS2 ON I7, 6G RAM AND 5970, I KNOW NOTHING About computers but i spent $4000.00 on pc, is ok RIGHT?
Old 2011-07-20, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Can I runs PS2 ON I7, 6G RAM AND 5970, I KNOW NOTHING About computers but i spent $4000.00 on pc, is ok RIGHT?
You summed up how I usually tell people to build computers. Go big or go home. Hate watching friends who pick up a mid-range computer every upgrade and never experience games how they were meant to be played.

Sadly we're going to see a few people do that. I saw someone pick up a single 460 the other day just because it was cheap. :'(
Old 2011-07-20, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
You summed up how I usually tell people to build computers. Go big or go home. Hate watching friends who pick up a mid-range computer every upgrade and never experience games how they were meant to be played.

Sadly we're going to see a few people do that. I saw someone pick up a single 460 the other day just because it was cheap. :'(
Yup. I picked up a GTX 460 last week because it was only $130. And now I have a $40 MIR to spend on other upgrades. Deal with it.

Last edited by Bags; 2011-07-20 at 12:31 PM.
Old 2011-07-20, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post

This has to be a satire, because the sheer ignorance and self absorbed undertone is too thick to even look past. That, or this guy is a complete douche bag in real life and doesn't have real friends, just people he gets along with for the mean time. I'm picking up a GTX 460 as well, you wanna talk shit about that?

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I got this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

But it's out of stock, the only other MSI 460 they have is this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127518

Which is slower and more expensive (mine comes in at $130 after MIR, this one is $150 after MIR) though I'm sure you can OC it up to the speeds on the one I got as they have the same cooling.

I've had it for a week and in my most graphic intensive game, Crysis, it doesn't go over 55 C under full load. Fans only get up to about 60%, and are just BARELY audible when there's no game noise. Idles at 40% fans 35 C. Great card, great value.

Oh, and I guess I should add that it gets good fps too . 30 - 40 everything on high in Crysis 1 with my old computer ([email protected], 2gb ram)
c2d's are no joke, specially when overclocked. But if your computer can run Crysis (on high) and be ok, then I doubt you'll have much problems, IF ANY, with planetside 2. It is a MMO after all, and playability is number 1 aspect. I'm going to buy the ASUS ENGTX460 (not top) because it's like 130-140 after rebate, and I read that the asus are OC champs.

Last edited by Infektion; 2011-07-20 at 12:37 PM.
Old 2011-07-20, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

When I emailed SOE Tech Support in June about getting some info on componet specs to help optimize PS2 play, I got the following response:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting in game support. While we don't know what the spec's well be, its a pretty safe bet that the pc you are building will be able to run the game fairly easy. I'd hold off on more member or a different 3d card until Planetside next gets closer to launch.

If there are any other issues that we may assist with, please don't hesitate to contact us again!

Best of luck to you,
Senior GM Vedan Oogly

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-07-20 at 02:05 PM.
Old 2011-07-20, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
When I emailed SOE Tech Support in June about getting some info on componet specs to help optimize PS2 play, I got the following response:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting in game support. While we don't know what the spec's well be, its a pretty safe bet that the pc you are building will be able to run the game fairly easy. I'd hold off on more member or a different 3d card until Planetside next gets closer to launch.

If there are any other issues that we may assist with, please don't hesitate to contact us again!

Best of luck to you,
Senior GM Vedan Oogly
So what video card was he referring too, if any? We got his message, now we must put 2 and 2 together
Old 2011-07-20, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Memory: 12GB (2GB X 6) DDR3/1600MHz
CPU: Intel Core i7-990 Extreme Edition 3.46 GHz
MB: GigaByte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 Chipset
VIdeo: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe

This was the core stuff I refenced to them in my initial inquiry.

This was the direction I was leaning to in June, but I'm waffling....and open to input from those (here)more on-the-ball than I.

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-07-20 at 02:22 PM.
Old 2011-07-20, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I tend to think in the first few months I'm on this game that I may very well happily spend hours & hours each week just wandering around & exploring the new maps/territory/environment.

I would like a system to personally affix permanent Personal Waypoints - that I could toggle on/off.

That way, I could save my favorite AMS spots, sniper locations, short cuts past rough terrain (jet pack friendly ?)......
Old 2011-07-20, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Bags
Lieutenant General

Was there really any doubt that rig wouldn't destroy Planetside 2?
Old 2011-07-20, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I think so, but I'm not a tech-head.

I talked myself into 2 of the NVIDIA 590's....cuz they're 3 GB/ea...and my BB tells me MORE is always better. Also, the 990 OC's well.....if COOLING is aggressively addressed. I could safely run it in the 4.2 range. They make liquid cooling for cards now. I was affraid to fry my stuff before.

Cyber PC built my last gamer. I like them, but you have to stay on them during and post-build. They have some sweet liquid cooling options.

If I went with 2 of the 6970's (2GB/ea) it would save me roughly $800 off my rig.

Hell, I'm talking (delusional babbling ?) about a $5,000+ rig and I'm average (at best) at PS. I appreciate and value quality.

I know when I die in PS that I suck.

With an optimized machine I'd know my PC gave me every chance it could to win - but, on the other hand - I'd have less validity to deny how lame I am when I keep geting pwned.

whatever

I could enjoy the "pretty" and enhanced graphics - dead, or alive.

The longer they delay in PS2's launch, the more I'll have saved.

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-07-20 at 03:03 PM.
Old 2011-07-20, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
I say
Recommended:

Dual core 3.0Ghz or better
GTX 260 or equivalent
4GB Ram
DVD-Rom
56k dialup or better (had to throw that in)
This is about where I'm at assuming I spend $50 to upgrade my AMD 4200+ to a 6400+. I built my PC in late 2005, but it was a pretty high end machine for the time. The GTX260 core 216 (glad I went green) was added a couple of years later. Really hope this setup works.
Old 2011-07-20, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
I think so, but I'm not a tech-head.

I talked myself into 2 of the NVIDIA 590's....cuz they're 3 GB/ea...and my BB tells me MORE is always better. Also, the 990 OC's well.....if COOLING is aggressively addressed. I could safely run it in the 4.2 range. They make liquid cooling for cards now. I was affraid to fry my stuff before.

Cyber PC built my last gamer. I like them, but you have to stay on them during and post-build. They have some sweet liquid cooling options.

If I went with 2 of the 6970's (2GB/ea) it would save me roughly $800 off my rig.

Hell, I'm talking (delusional babbling ?) about a $5,000+ rig and I'm average (at best) at PS. I appreciate and value quality.

I know when I die in PS that I suck.

With an optimized machine I'd know my PC gave me every chance it could to win - but, on the other hand - I'd have less validity to deny how lame I am when I keep geting pwned.

whatever

I could enjoy the "pretty" and enhanced graphics - dead, or alive.

The longer they delay in PS2's launch, the more I'll have saved.
Something tells me 3GB of VRAM is unnecessary unless you have some outrageous resolution. But if you can afford it... meh why not?

Whenever the specs are announced I'll be upgrading my E7300 and 2gb of DDR 2 800 mhz ram to something much more modern.

I don't plan on being able to max it with good fps, but as long as I can get a steady 60 fps with the game not looking like complete shit I'll be content.