Urban - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: But how do you go when you're wearing the thing?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-10-28, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DeceptiveAlarm
Private

Urban

This is kind of a two part deal.

For one I'm not familiar with the lore but where are all the people living? Are these planets uninhabited? If not shouldn't there be small structures between bases that would be neutral structures with no cap points but be there none the less.

I love the other guys idea of a mushroom city for those of you who have played Tribes Ascend it has a map with glowing ferns and stuff and I think that on steriods would be awesome.

I would also like to see a urban map though with a few cities spread over the continent and the bases could be within the cities. I mean do all bases have to be the same? I get the techplants and bio labs but couldn't we have some bases like capital buildings and other structures? I think this would add to the variety. I know urban landscape might be a little more infantry based but is that so bad? We could still have main roads that tanks could cruise up and down and shoot down side streets. You would also have areas between the cities that would be open landscapes ideal for tank combat. I would love to be sneaking down a skyscraper lined street and see a well trained liberator pilot round the corner and light my squad up.

I remember when I first read about this game and the Devs talked about the open warefare to get to the base then the urban combat inside to capture it but I really don't see this. I also would love a sort of cover mechanic where I could hide on corners and behind those cement barriers they have and pop up to shoot.

I know I threw in like three ideas here but I feel like the infantry combat is lacking. Heck the vehicle is to. This game is awesome but it needs some spit polishing. I want vehicle combat like BF3 with infantry combat to rival the first Americas Army.
Old 2012-10-28, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DeceptiveAlarm
Private

Re: Urban

When I say cover system I mean like a "lean" that when scoped would put my gun and head out but not my whole body. I don't mean a lock to the wall console abortion type system.
Oh and why no assist points for spotting? Come on now.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
WiFiN
Private

Well, they said - it'd better be one idea per thread. I guess there is already a "cover system"-related thread around here.

Yeah, a continent with dense urban area would be awesome, especially for LA's. I guess we'll see it one day, after SOE deals with perfoamce problems. (I beleive urban area would be much more resource-demamnding in this case)
Old 2012-10-30, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mooseay
Private

yes to an urban/mega city continent
Old 2012-10-30, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dagron
Captain

We've been asking for an urban environment for a while now.
Old 2012-11-11, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Avidbrony
Private

It has already been stated that there are NO plans for an urban environment, they claim it's even more taxing then the game at it's worst (Would you really want to play at 3 fps?) But maybe down the road when a pc could handle it.

As an f2p game it MUST be playable on as many systems as possible and having one continent that would tank everybody's system would be bad (Even one densly-packed base would do it)
Old 2012-11-12, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
BouncingCzech
Private

I think the performance argument is a bit of a cop out to be honest. It doesn't have to be up to BF3 or *shudder* CoD standards graphically to be an effective urban arena.
Old 2012-11-20, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

Sorry but to SOE urban means Jump Pads(ziplines) and Teleporters to multiple of rooms with open doors and stuff.

The Bases are supposed to be that urban enviorment but I swear I am in Core combat when I go to one of those bases.

Originally Posted by BouncingCzech View Post
I think the performance argument is a bit of a cop out to be honest. It doesn't have to be up to BF3 or *shudder* CoD standards graphically to be an effective urban arena.
There has been a lot of cop outs.

Last edited by Marinealver; 2012-11-20 at 04:00 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault