PAX Prime 2012 and You! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: YELLOW KNIGHT!!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-27, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

PAX Prime 2012 and You!

Greetings all!

We've mentioned a few times out there that we will have a booth at PAX Prime this year. Instead of necro'ing the old thread, I'm starting a new one for questions and plotting.

We're still finalizing many plans, so we don't have much info to share other than the bit about having a booth. We're VERY excited about it! RadarX will be off to Dragon*Con for their MMORPG track, along with other members of the Community Team. I'll be up at PAX Prime with the PS2 team.

One of the things I definitely want to do for attendees (or people just in the area who want to join in) is really blow out the #TIEDAYFRIDAY.

Here's what it is: https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23TiedayFriday

I'll be taking pics of all of you who show up on Friday in your TieDayFriday best and tweeting them out. We'll stand out from other attendees; we'll have the classiest fans right there with us.

If you cannot attend PAX, I encourage you to participate. I'll be retweeting your submissions and we'll make one big classy Facebook album where you can tag yourselves and share.

On another note, please let us know if you're having a community meetup. If anyone's heading one up, drop me a note. Or just start planning here. As someone who has moved from Seattle, I'm happy to recommend awesome places.

Questions?
Old 2012-07-27, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Emperor
Corporal

Re: PAX Prime 2012 and You!

Really looking forward to seeing PS2 at PAX! A community meetup would be cool. I could also suggest some places for it, as I live literally a block away from the convention center.

Last edited by Emperor; 2012-07-27 at 05:10 PM.
Old 2012-07-27, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Aerothorn
Private

I can't make it this year (ends up PAX doesn't give press passes to *any* independent press for no apparent reason) but if there's a community meetup I'd be happy to attend.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-27, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

Hope to see y'all out and about then!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-28, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I'll be attending as I do every year, complete with my TotalBiscuit inspired classy TR attire.

PAX Prime tickets sold out in about 24 hours this year, so might not be as many fans there, though we shall make up for quantity with quality.

Conveniently enough there is a Seahawks home game Thursday Night (day before PAX starts). Going to be a great weekend for me.
Old 2012-07-28, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Oh man, I hate that I get the feeling that I am living on the wrong side of the pond for these kind of things.

Unfortunately attending PAX when you live in Sweden is a little to big project for a guy who has a family with four kids in it.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2012-07-28, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Jealous. You guys didn't have any booth @ PAX East . Regardless was good meeting some members of the PS2 team and Higby in the hotel lobby lol. The party that night you sponsored was quite fun too!
Old 2012-07-29, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I've got a weekend pass I can't use
Old 2012-07-29, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
FireWater
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I'll be attending as I do every year, complete with my TotalBiscuit inspired classy TR attire.

PAX Prime tickets sold out in about 24 hours this year, so might not be as many fans there, though we shall make up for quantity with quality.

Conveniently enough there is a Seahawks home game Thursday Night (day before PAX starts). Going to be a great weekend for me.
Damn I didn't know prime sold out in 24 hrs. Best of luck to your Seahawks! and have a great time at PAX (giants fan here btw).

Engineer for NUC's Alpha Squad http://www.nucgaming.com
Old 2012-07-29, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Danicia View Post
We're still finalizing many plans, so we don't have much info to share other than the bit about having a booth. We're VERY excited about it! RadarX will be off to Dragon*Con for their MMORPG track, along with other members of the Community Team. I'll be up at PAX Prime with the PS2 team.

Questions?
Sure -- how do I get in contact with RadarX to help him come up with a scheme to kidna-- err, borrow a developer to make a presence at Dragon*Con with him? I'm glad to hear Planetside 2 will have a presence at Dragon*Con and that I can meet RadarX there, but nothing quite packs the panel audiences like developers, you know? They're more prone to dropping exciting bombs rather than predictable PR-approved formulas...

Last edited by kaffis; 2012-07-29 at 11:33 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-30, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
Sure -- how do I get in contact with RadarX to help him come up with a scheme to kidna-- err, borrow a developer to make a presence at Dragon*Con with him? I'm glad to hear Planetside 2 will have a presence at Dragon*Con and that I can meet RadarX there, but nothing quite packs the panel audiences like developers, you know? They're more prone to dropping exciting bombs rather than predictable PR-approved formulas...
The D*C participation we do is from the Community Team only. We're not representing a particular game. We have a few who will be on MMORPG Community panels, and random other events/fan meetups.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-10, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

I am bumping my own thread! (Don't ban me Hamma!)

I've been putting together the social media plan for PAX and I'm VERY excited. In case you haven't visited the PAX website and seen the schedule, I wanted to show you the awesome:

Panel with Matt: http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/pa...ne-games-panel

Panel with Matt & Linda: http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/pa...-gaming-indust

Panel with Linda: http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/pa...e-way-you-play

I'm also doing a panel, but not speaking as SOE. I'm just blathering on with my peers in tabletop RPGS & miniatures, board/card games, and the like: http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule/pa...eampunk-gaming

We'll have swags, we'll have daily adventures. Lots of fun things! Also, if you're attending (or local in the area and find me outside the con), BE READY FOR #TIEDAYFRIDAY as I'll be taking pics of everyone dressed their best.
Old 2012-08-10, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Do PAX or any of the folks record and upload pannels to a central site?
Would be great to see a few of these even if it's after the event.
UK gamer so odds against me getting to one of the expo events over the pond anytime soon.

BTW, nice updates.

Last edited by IMMentat; 2012-08-10 at 04:16 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-10, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

Originally Posted by IMMentat View Post
Do PAX or any of the folks record and upload pannels to a central site?
Would be great to see a few of these even if it's after the event.
UK gamer so odds against me getting to one of the expo events over the pond anytime soon.

BTW, nice updates.
They don't generally film the panels, except for the HUGE ones like the nerdcore concerts and whatnot. I believe they're filming everything in the big epic theatre this year.

I'll ask to see if we're filming the panels which have our staff on them.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-21, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Danicia
Sony Online
Sparkly Princess
of Social Media.

Greetings all!

We're coming up on PAX Prime! I hope to announce more things for those of you attending. So far, we'll have:

1. SOE Booth featuring PS2
2. PS2 featured at the Curse Party
3. A special #tiedayfriday for attendees and those of you who cannot make it.
4. Four panels featuring SOE people; two with Matt Higby on them!

Have any of you folks put together a fan meetup? I can't promise we can support it, but if you are, I'll see what we can do.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion