Who wants to save Planetside 2? I can't do it alone.. I've tried.. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Alt + F4 for secret PSU cheat codes!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2015-04-03, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Unspoken
Private

Who wants to save Planetside 2? I can't do it alone.. I've tried..

Okay so.. I'm Duke... I am Duke Nukem... I have been the drunken excuse as to why everyone who has ever even looked at a beer should join AA...

I am the guy who said Sony made a mistake years ago.. I am the guy who wanted this more than any of you... And that matters not a single fuck..

This is a a video game.... it's a big ass pretend world in a big ass pretend universe...

With that said... It's a world I'd like see survive.... The idea of a FPS on a massive scale intrigues me as I'm sure it has already intrigued you.

With one final and absolute post to those who know me, and with all the new guys who haven't' seen me rant. We cannot, as a whole, give up on this because it has TWO chances to succeed....

What the game isn't is not why we're here... it's not why you're reading... you, like me, are reading this to see what happens next in the Planetside saga....

Whatever miniscule OR grand scheme you have thought up is what planetside should be... IS what Planetside should be.... It really does encompass everyone and everything.

What I do not understand is that the younger generation is not fighting for it like we did in Planetside 1... Where are the younger kids in this fight? Why aren't they standing up? Are they afraid to piss of their call of duty 893 buddies?

This is my actual last chance guys.. I want Higby, t-Ray.... Smed.......I want them to fight with us and I need you to help me....

If I can't get it here... I won't get it and I give up......

Truly and whole fucking heartily... I cant do this without you.
Old 2015-04-03, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Who wants to save Planetside 2? I can't do it alone.. I've tried..

It's not going to happen. Whatever you see in ps2 as it is now, that's what it's going to be. There's no point worrying about it any longer.
Old 2015-04-03, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Last time we approached an official on here about moderating (and fixing) PS1 and getting the community onboard on that matter the reply was basically a friendly "We don't work for free". Each attempt before that went nowhere.
So yeah, the original auraxis is out.

And aside from the obvious question what we could even do that would "help" PS2, in my eyes it barely qualifies as a virtual world with all its "out of bounds" bs and disconnected maps.
So no, this is a game i'm watching from the sideline mate.
Old 2015-04-03, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I admire your gumption, but you're a bit late to the party, so much for being Ps2's William Wallace. The only things we can hope for from PS2 now are small QoL adjustments. With Higby gone, there is a chance however that we can steer the game a little bit more toward the original's model. But until the wheels start turning again, we have no idea how much influence we can have.

We'll be dealing with what amounts to a completely new team with a new style. If we're lucky, they will be more pliable than the Higby teams, if we're not, they will be changing PS2 based on the PS4 version and the PC version will just be along for the ride.

So, your activism ultimatum is badly timed and just makes you look far less involved than someone in your self appointed position should be. Sorry bro, but you aren't PS2's saviour any more than I am.

Last edited by Baneblade; 2015-04-03 at 04:46 PM.
Old 2015-04-03, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
It's not going to happen. Whatever you see in ps2 as it is now, that's what it's going to be. There's no point worrying about it any longer.
This. There's 3 basic things someone can do here:

1. Dig in and wait for Planetside 3, and hope to influence them better next time. (PS3 may never happen)

2. Find another gaming company to lobby to make an appropriate game - knowing you won't get certain things (for example, they may not share the attachment to more than 2 sides)

3. Set up a kickstarter and see if people want a better game badly enough to fund it
Old 2015-04-05, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mordelicius
Major

@OP: At least update your PS2 Developer list and acknowledge Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) no longer exist .

I'm just waiting for news about the Resource/Redeploy/Base benefits. Those are the only things that can save this game atm at its current state.

Or better yet, the Black Ops implementation, so I can uninstall Planetside 2 and the PTS client already.

Go ahead, implement that thing, because people SURELY want players in the NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB etc. to switch teams every game, every day, every week, anytime. What's the point if players just switch factions on and off? That's the whole idea of tribal affiliation.
Old 2015-04-06, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Unspoken! Log into Planetside 1, link in the PS1 section. You will see that you cant really do a lot about it. SONY were hard to influence, you think DBG will be any different?

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2015-04-07, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
if we're not, they will be changing PS2 based on the PS4 version and the PC version will just be along for the ride.
Bang on mate!
Old 2015-04-07, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Mordelicius
Major

PS4 won't be any different from PC in that the attrition rate will be sky high.

After Koltyr, what reason do players have to stay? BR unlock trick? Gun grinding?

Instead, they want to implement Black Ops to 'fix' population imbalance. Their latest in a long line of decisions based-on-not-playing the game. FPS solutions to MMOFPS problems.

First thing they have to do to stabilize population is nerf the Vanu. But they won't do that. They are the special faction.

Ever notice Vanu weapons are designed so you can't screw it up? (including the stuff that's already nerfed, ZOE, dropless shotgun, the other 0.75x gun, PPA, and that old sniper cannon).

Lasher point at the door and forget suppression weapon. In a large fight, it is utterly broken because it can stop large groups by stripping off the shield before they can enter a door via AOE.
Orion, 0.75x movement modifier, free starter weapon LMG
Magrider, highly mobile hoover tank that has burst damage. All you have to do is find a cover. Shoot, hide, shoot, hide (what's the counter?) Magrider should be very low sustain fire damage weapons so they have a downside, so they can actually be hit while firing.
Lancer hits up to 600m beyond render range. Infantry render range is 300m. These things can decimate armor columns and you can't do anything about it because they are beyond render range. And if there's a LOS to the vehicle pad, your vehicle is toast as soon as it gets out to a group of lancers. That can't be done with TR/NC equivalent that are locked behind 300m limits. Isn't this the reason why the AV Engineer Turret was nerfed to 300m?
Heat Mechanic require no ammo. Last I've heard they will add this to vehicles as well. So, the Magrider shooting and hiding on top of the mountain (how did it get there in the first place), can now have unlimited ammo pelting you relentlessly.
Scythe Hard to hit with thin profile and hoover/dive and spray light ppa from far away.

Black Ops will kill any chance of longevity of this game. It's akin to allowing players to switch teams in the NBA/NHL/NFL/MLB. Who would be furious if your favorite players are now beating up your team because they changed uniform at the start of the game? Who would be uncomfortable as hell if your most disliked player adversaries from other teams are now in your team (temporarily)? Would you continue to follow your NBA/NHL/NFL/MLB "team"???

What's what PS2 is going to do with Black Ops: alienate loyalty and gameplay longevity. Players will just leave because there no reason to stay with faction (tribal) affiliation. This is an MMO PvP dynamic that the the PS2 Devs don't understand.
Old 2015-04-17, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Logit
Second Lieutenant

I remember these exact posts for PS1.
Old 2015-04-18, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Mordelicius
Major

Seems they got some secret 'surprises' in store. One of which is the "Cloaked Sunderer". Hopefully there's more.

As a Sunderer fanatic, weapons should be disabled when it is cloaked.

Also, the Sunderer shield should be repairable too, but weapons disabled as well. It's far too vulnerable to AP snipers. They just lower the shield and decimate. If the shield can be repaired and offense removed, I believe that's a fair tradeoff.
Old 2015-04-18, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Unspoken View Post
Okay so.. I'm Duke... I am Duke Nukem...
I just had to log in for the first time in probably a year, to say that this alone made me stop reading. I was around in the pretty early days of Planetside and I most certainly remember you, and none of it is pleasant.

But since I always come here to reminisce, I read on. I'm sure PS2 could use more players. So good luck.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion