Eyefinity and Surround Vision Support? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The #1 reason to become an insomniac.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-10, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ieyasu
Staff Sergeant

Eyefinity and Surround Vision Support?

I have seen where Higby has said before that there will be adjustable FOV up to 90 degrees. This is unfortunate imho as myself and others who have multi monitor setups will be unable to get the correct fov to use with our systems.

I understand that having a couple extra additional monitors is viewed by some (mainly those who do not or can not run such setups) as being an unfair advantage. I find this odd as I dont see those same people calling for lack of surround sound in the game because some people will only have stereo speakers. Positional audio can be a huge help in fps games but doesnt seem to be attacked with anywhere near the ferocity that multi monitor support seems to get.

It just seems like the same old tired arguments that gamers where making when they were opposed to people having widescreen monitors when those hit the market or when people use mice with more buttons than theirs have. Some people dont want to drop 2k on a system but some of us dont mind doing so. Why punish us because others choose not to or are unable to use some of the newest tech available?

people will always have a tech advantage on others. whether it is because theyre playing on a screen with 2560x1600 resolution vs someone on a 1024x768 or if they have a quad core i7 cpu and the other person has a pentium 4 660. I just dont see the point in blocking people form using the tech that they have choosen to pay for.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion