News: Beta Keys every half an hour - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We don't swim in your toilet, so don't pee in our pool.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-05, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Mechzz
Major

Re: Beta Keys every half an hour

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
None of this makes any sense though

Trust SOE to make something simple seem really complex, still have no idea how we get into beta. What is the point of keys if it doesn't get you in? It must 100% get you in but being a former PS member doesn't? I'm inactive but a former PS player but some ppl are active with keys...

Just shud I even bother with keys? Cus I know if I don't it'll come back to bite me later
That's the vibe a lot of peeps are giving out. I'm trying to chill and assume that my vet status will get me in. It would be easier to bear if they'd just give us our keys already though!
Old 2012-06-05, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Why am I inactive and theyre active?
it means jack shit and jack left town.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
ChallengeOMatic
Private

I'm refreshing the FB page like a mad man =P even though i'm probably not getting one.... QUICK, MUST REFRESH!!!
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-05, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

None of this makes any sense though

Trust SOE to make something simple seem really complex, still have no idea how we get into beta. What is the point of keys if it doesn't get you in? It must 100% get you in but being a former PS member doesn't? I'm inactive but a former PS player but some ppl are active with keys...

Just shud I even bother with keys? Cus I know if I don't it'll come back to bite me later
You are over thinking it.

Did you subscribe to PS1? If so, don't worry about a Beta key. The keys are meant for everyone else who far outnumber former PS1 players. How do you get in? We'll let you know. Unlike new folks we know who played PS1 so already have their information. Make sure your Station account is updated and you are good to go.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post

Did you subscribe to PS1? If so, don't worry about a Beta key. The keys are meant for everyone else who far outnumber former PS1 players. How do you get in? We'll let you know. Unlike new folks we know who played PS1 so already have their information. Make sure your Station account is updated and you are good to go.
Thanks for being awesome and on top of everything.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
Fizzgig
Private

Thanks for clearing it up.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
EVILoHOMER
Major

Alright thanx, so I don't have to worry.

Dunno why I'm getting so stressed but Planetside means a lot to me.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
Mechzz
Major

Thanks RadarX for the confirmation. Don't you (and SOE) understand though that it would be easier on everybody's nerves if you gave the vets their keys now? I don't see why that is so hard - just generate those numbers, no?
Old 2012-06-05, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
Thanks RadarX for the confirmation. Don't you (and SOE) understand though that it would be easier on everybody's nerves if you gave the vets their keys now? I don't see why that is so hard - just generate those numbers, no?
pretty sure it isnt that easy because nothing is..

Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

The reasons I would tend to overthink this is the qualifiers that have been used to in previous statements about beta access modify the meaning making those statements ambiguous.

When there is a ranking of "priority" and "among the earliest" and things like that it makes it seem like some ways of accessing beta are better or worse than others.

We're gamers, we want to have the most effective means of getting what we want.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
Biohazard
Master Sergeant

Thank you for clarifying, again. This is easy to get all hyped up about and I/we appreciate your patience with us
Old 2012-06-05, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
pretty sure it isnt that easy because nothing is..
I hear ya, but, but, ......

(thanks for doing the crowd control duty btw)
Old 2012-06-05, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
Coreldan
Colonel

As said, the overthinking is mainly cos almost every statement on the issue contradicts with another

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-06-05, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
As said, the overthinking is mainly cos almost every statement on the issue contradicts with another
Welcome to how SOE do things?

Old 2012-06-05, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
duomaxwl
Captain

Why would they generate codes? Vets already have Planetside 2 on their account. All they need to do is activate it for us. They don't need to send codes.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion