Whats new? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your backdoor isn't locked....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion

Old 2007-04-26, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Whats new?

Any reason to make a grand reappearance?
Old 2007-04-27, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Whats new?

Not really, I personally am just training up the longer skills and preparing to sell a character I made just for that purpose. I'll probably not be really active for 3-6 monthes.

Old 2007-04-30, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I'm not doing anything but training skills now, too much school.

Though I've got command cruiser skills now. Eos/Astarte fo teh pwn!

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2007-05-03, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Yea, but anything glorious in the patches? I was wondering if there was any reason to make a grand reappearance.
Old 2007-05-04, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

Meh, I've been checking in on some EVE news when I'm bored and honestly I can't find a reason to start playing again just yet. I'm going to have to wait for the next expansion. Walking in stations would be cool...
Old 2007-05-06, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

I dont even think that will get me to come back. Combat is just *run* or *fight because you have 100 to 10 numbers*.

I enjoyed going into fights with 5 v 5. Too bad it never happened on anything but test.
Old 2007-05-07, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
I dont even think that will get me to come back. ALLIANCE Combat is just *run* or *fight because you have 100 to 10 numbers*.

I enjoyed going into fights with 5 v 5. Too bad it never happened on anything but test.
Fixed.

Old 2007-05-07, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Peace, You missed out on some of the better combat I've been in last december/january. The privateer war was fun as heck; It was a bit challenging but we fucked their shit up almost every time.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2007-05-10, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Fixed.
wrong. ALL combat is like that. If your in a corp with 20 members and a 150 member corp decs you, your normaly gonna lose. Theres no insentives in the game to stay small. Bigger is always better when it comes to # people. Wether that be number of people in a corporation, or the number of people in a gang. The exception being corprate security.
Old 2007-05-11, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If you say so. I never had trouble fighting outnumbered, I despise strategy when the units don't always obey.

Old 2007-05-12, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Id like to see ya do it -_-. Ive never seen/ heard you fight in a war that you won. Last time I heard of one you were in you left the corp it was in some alliance in the NW. Fighting outnumbered 5 on 10 isnt that bad. Its the three or four times bigger gangs than yours that is stupid. Unless your going to be like BE (who when the stab nerf went in I never saw causing anything close to the amount of trouble they used to) theres no way to fight overwhelming numbers unless they are nubs and you have T2 snipers and they do not. Then you can plink away at them. In a stand up fight your gonna lose though.
Old 2007-05-12, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Well, even in the big war ops, I prefer the smaller group tactics, even if that means staying on the fringe. I've not been in any of the forumwhore wars, just small skirmishes and the only one I actually lost was against Hybrid Syndicate, who I was never actually able to go into combat against due to lack of a suitable character. At the moment, my alliance is rather peaceful...so not much for me to do other than make ISK and get more sp.

I see one of two distinct possible outcomes in the future:

Revive Reavers and just be evil bastards that shoot at whoever we want. Or stick with Vertigo One and turn it into the small elite force I planned it to be.

Old 2007-05-20, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
wrong. ALL combat is like that. If your in a corp with 20 members and a 150 member corp decs you, your normaly gonna lose. Theres no insentives in the game to stay small. Bigger is always better when it comes to # people. Wether that be number of people in a corporation, or the number of people in a gang. The exception being corprate security.
WRONG!

Pilots of Honour frequently flies in groups of no more then 15-20. We fight whole alliances.

We win.

God knows how many ex-XETIC fools we had to own back in the day with even less numbers.
Old 2007-05-25, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

It is possible to fight larger groups with smaller numbers. You just have to be fighting noobs. The arguement is like saying that a 5 man team that has years of experience in FPSs goes up against a 15 man team in their first FPS ever cant win. Ofc they can.

My problem is that the solution to higher skilled corps you fight is almost always "throw a bigger gang at them".
Old 2007-05-26, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Or throw a team of stealth bombers equiped with bombs at them, that might work.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion