News: New Conglomerate Medic Screenshots and Medic Comm-Link - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: <3
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-13, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

Re: New Conglomerate Medic Screenshots and Medic Comm-Link

I'm also really helping they have more abilities than just healing and rezzing. I'd love to see them play the Medic as a buffer also, a guy that can heal friendlies but also give them temporary boosts and such.
Old 2012-03-13, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Johari
Staff Sergeant

Nice to see some media with backstory come out of this. I too am wondering how long it takes to fully heal someone who's been injured to ~10% health. Testing will have to be done so you can't just healing someone who's being shot at and keep him alive for very long ala TF2. 4 or 5 seconds sounds right to me but we'll see come beta.

Can't wait for more info to come out =D

P.S. Guess who everyones favorite target on the battlefield is gonna be :P
Old 2012-03-13, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by bigcracker View Post
As being a RL medic, i wounder if you can take your stethoscope and strangle a enemy to death with it.
As a RL medic, then you should know that yes, yes you can.
Old 2012-03-13, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Doctor Digit
Private

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
As a RL medic, then you should know that yes, yes you can.
Huh, so that's what those are for. Besides giving validity to doctors on the TV commercials I mean. They ain't certified unless they got the stethoscope.

CORPSMAN - Usually a young, long haired, bearded, Marine-hatin' Sailor with certain medical skills, who will go through the very gates of Hell to get to a wounded Marine.
Old 2012-03-13, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by bigcracker View Post
As being a RL medic, i wounder if you can take your stethoscope and strangle a enemy to death with it.
Are you speaking from experience?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-13, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Shogun
Contributor
General

when i still was a rl medic and did medical care at concerts, we didn´t use stethoscopes. we replaced them by 4 D-cell maglites. could do almost the same as the stethoscope, even faster!

i wonder why the nc medic shows the swiss flag ;-)
is it really even of concern in a videogame, that the red cross is a protected symbol so they had to reverse it?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-03-13, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
foam
Private

I must sadly admit that after just beating Mass Effect 3 and seeing the wonderful armor/weapons/art, the Medic and other classes look comparatively blank, plain, and gross.

Old 2012-03-13, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by foam View Post
I must sadly admit that after just beating Mass Effect 3 and seeing the wonderful armor/weapons/art, the Medic and other classes look comparatively blank, plain, and gross.

What, low level armor looks plain and gross? Did you whine about your level 1 grey suit in planetside 1?

They won't see as much customized gear in the shop if the free, low level stuff looks bad ass.
Old 2012-03-13, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Patek
Private

i like it, maybe not the way the visor looks and so what if there is a cross on the helmet that makes you a target. its all good.
Old 2012-03-13, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Graywolves
General

Anyone else feel like the comm-link kept saying the same thing about the Medic over and over again?

After an intense firefight, when the dust settles, every squad and every soldier simply wants to be alive. And if they are, they probably have their Combat Medic to thank. Every class is capable of putting enemies in the grave, but the Combat Medic is the only one that can pull them back out. Yes, their rifle is capable of dropping enemies efficiently. Yes, their versatility on the battlefield is infamous. But, it is their powerful healing tools and abilities that define them. The Combat Medic’s role is to keep their soldiers alive and their empire at full fighting strength. Since a single Combat Medic can make all the difference between holding the line and falling in slaughter, they’re an integral member of any squad.

The Combat Medic’s handheld medical applicator provides them with the primary means to make a squad of wounded soldiers fit to fight again. Using a concentrated beam of nanites programmed to mend flesh and dispense coagulation agents, the medical applicator can repair even the most grievous of wounds in seconds. The latest models are even equipped with experimental Field Rebirth technology, allowing the recently dead to be brought back to life. Few others can rival the power and potential of the Combat Medic on the frontlines, saving lives.

Beyond healing, Combat Medics can do a ton more than just squad support. Though they’re defined by their ability to help others, their customizable rifle establishes them as a force in their own right on the battlefield. They can help themselves. Through the use of specialized loadouts and kits, the Combat Medic can become all the more versatile, ready and able to bring whatever is needed to any combat situation.

A skilled Combat Medic can hold their own in a firefight and keep their squadmates alive.
Old 2012-03-13, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Somehow I think the respirator mask from the original conecpt made the medic look different from the Light Asssault class.

I'm not Photoshop pro, but:

Also bare arms for him would look awesome.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-03-13 at 04:39 PM.
Old 2012-03-13, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
kidriot
Sergeant Major

medics are really the backbone of any infantry attack. think of all the base assaults and tower drops with people dropping and the medic in the back picking people up.

I used to think and still do that the medic should be the best shooters in your outfit, because the longer they stay standing, the better chance you have of getting your squad rezzed around you.
Old 2012-03-13, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
Anyone else feel like the comm-link kept saying the same thing about the Medic over and over again?
It managed to say a lot without really saying anything, didn't it?
Old 2012-03-13, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
foam
Private

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
What, low level armor looks plain and gross? Did you whine about your level 1 grey suit in planetside 1?

They won't see as much customized gear in the shop if the free, low level stuff looks bad ass.
Gotcha. Makes sense.
Old 2012-03-13, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by foam View Post
Gotcha. Makes sense.
Sorry if I came off as harsh, I am tired of repeating this so many times. I mean, it's entirely possible all the armor they make in store or not will suck, but I'd assume these are underwhelming because they are low level and so they can sell cooler stuff.