PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive - Page 21 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: life is a b!tch, her name is {{eMaGyN}}
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-14, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #301
Volw
First Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive

Originally Posted by dachlatte View Post
until then play hw2 complex mod http://www.homeworld2complex.com/
TFS is way better.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/tactical-fleet-simulator
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-14, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #302
Raelity
Private

I'm not sure if someone has already spotted this but the Mosquito in the teaser trailer had a chaingun under the cockpit where the teaser picture just has a hole.

I guess this means the teaser pictures don't have any weapons in them. There are two similar looking holes on either side of the reaver cockpit as well as that smaller one underneath it.

Perhaps this is something to do with the customisable vehicles, potentially the weapons aren't part of the model because they are customisable? I wonder if the pilot controls one of the guns, and if the gunner controls the other and the rockets. Or I could be completely wrong and they are just aesthetic air intakes on the sides
Old 2011-07-14, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #303
Volw
First Sergeant

Yep, it's been mentioned a few times they lack weapons on the screenshots. Same as Galaxy and TR/NC MAXes.

I'd guess they'll go with the usual, where the gunner controls the 'turret' and maybe missiles, while the pilot gets to use rockets.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org

Last edited by Volw; 2011-07-14 at 07:09 AM.
Old 2011-07-14, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #304
Raelity
Private

I guess the pilot's weapons would be locked in, so he can't aim without turning the plane just like the Reaver at the moment. I expect the gunner will have some degree of aiming though, like the helicopter gunners in BF2, it does looks like that underslung gun can rotate.
Old 2011-07-14, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #305
Aractain
Major

I want empire specific aircraft in this game damnit!
Old 2011-07-14, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #306
Hamma
PSU Admin

It was mentioned to me that it was a single person aircraft, but the picture clearly appears to have two seats. Been trying to get some clarification on that..

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-02-12, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #307
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Everything I have seen on this new Reaver I like because they have turned it into an Apache helicopter type gun ship which is so awesome but I want to make sure they know what the Apache has and don't half ass it like so many other games have making it a dam near pointless death trap. It needs to have exploding rounds that are fired out of its main chain gun! for easy kills against infantry, Also I see it has 2 lines of bullets feeding it so you can also have a non exploding armor piercing round it can fire to for extra hard targets like tanks and heavy armor vehicles/bunkers which is precisely what the Apache will have in the future when they finish testing duel feed systems for heavy guns like the 30mm the Apache uses, and make sure those bullets are that big on the Reaver not 20mm which suck. Also I see it has rockets on it and that's cool assuming they are dumb fire spam rockets but they also need radar guided/video guided hell fire missiles that can one shot kill heavy targets like tanks. And you should be able to fit at least 2 aim 9 sidewinder type short range anti air heat seeking missiles to those wing tips so you can at least defend your self from some air won't have a chance in a head to head against a intercepter like the mosi but enough to shoot,do some damage/scare maybe kill one and run. If you do it right it is a highly versatile and lethal weapon/ a main stay for the NC and there for it should be expensive. A Reaver pilot should be able to do little more then operate that vehicle. Please don't dumb it down so players can afford a lot of other stuff with out dropping it first, in doing so would make it less realistic and less then a perfect tool that those pilots and NC players as a whole can be proud of to call there own. And also make it very Modifiable like all vehicles should be, with its 3 different missiles it should be able to carry allow a player to max out on 1 or carry a combination of all 3 as he chooses.
Old 2012-02-12, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #308
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

I want my gunner to kill TR just like this!
Old 2012-02-12, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #309
DayOne
Captain

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
-snip-
Are you trolling? This a horribly unbalanced idea that would ruin a perfectly good GAME.

I see your need to have Planetside 2 as a war sim but it just isn't, it's a game. If you want realism play ArmA.

Way to necro btw.
Old 2012-02-13, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #310
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Sorry just saw new picture of the Reaver loaded out with all its armaments and got really excited.

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-02-13 at 04:07 AM.
Old 2012-02-13, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #311
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by DayOne View Post
Are you trolling? This a horribly unbalanced idea that would ruin a perfectly good GAME.

I see your need to have Planetside 2 as a war sim but it just isn't, it's a game. If you want realism play ArmA.

Way to necro btw.
Hmmm I think you are wrong, I'm sure the liberator is what he is asking for,
Old 2012-02-13, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #312
AncientVanu
Sergeant

Sorry just saw new picture of the Reaver loaded out with all its armaments and got really excited.
Where is this "new" picture?
Old 2012-02-13, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #313
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

IF they are going to do it then do it right and hard core no half assing. I just want them to get this really right cause so many other games have not. And it will be perfectly balanced if they do the AA and fighter/interceptor i.e mosquito right in the game. You will need air superiority established where the gun ships operate cause they won't stand a chance against interceptors but if you can gain control of the air these gunships would be able to be a game changer for outdoor combat and move the battle up to the bases and a excellent companion to the vanguard.

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-02-13 at 05:33 AM.
Old 2012-02-13, 05:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #314
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

IF they are going to do it then do it right and hard core no half assing. I just want them to get this really right cause so many other games have not. And it will be perfectly balanced if they do the AA and fighter/interceptor i.e mosquito right in the game.

The mosquito is ES now.

Old 2012-02-13, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #315
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Ya i know I meant whatever other fighter/interceptors they put in the game like the mossi sorry for the i.e

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-02-13 at 06:05 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion