Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: One "M" better than Hamas!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-15, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #151
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

So much on this list...nice.

How about making the "waypoint" markers more transparent, I have been killed too often because I could not see the enemy aircraft or soldier behind a squad waypoint marker....I feel like a douche even bringing it up lol.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #152
BoatFarmZoo
Private

Optimise loading when entering a new part of the map. My computer drops from 60 to 5 frames per second for about 5 seconds.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #153
LokimDark
Private

I would like to see wearable merit badges like we had in PS1. This would really make me want to play / achieve more !!
Old 2013-05-15, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #154
Methonius
Master Sergeant

The most annoying bug for me is when you are dead and you are on the map screen you choose a respawn location and right as you hit respawn someone chooses to rez you and their rez accept/decline window pops up and gets stuck as you rez to the new location and cannot remove it from your screen. You basically have to log out and back in.

Some indicators on the HUD for engineer CE would be nice as well, so we can know when to place more mines and shit.

Last edited by Methonius; 2013-05-15 at 11:50 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #155
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by Methonius View Post
The most annoying bug for me is when you are dead and you are on the map screen you choose a respawn location and right as you hit respawn someone chooses to rez you and their rez accept/decline window pops up and gets stuck as you rez to the new location and cannot remove it from your screen. You basically have to log out and back in.

Some indicators on the HUD for engineer CE would be nice as well, so we can know when to place more mines and shit.
No you don't have to log out and back in. You have to shoot at least one round and then press Alt. You can then press the "Accept" button and it will disappear. Press Alt again to get rid of the mouse icon.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #156
HiroshiChugi
Captain

I used to be able to play on full-on High Graphics Settings right after GU01 and GU02 at right around 50-60 FPS. After GU03, my FPS dropped all the way down to 5 FPS. WTF?!? And now I have to play on "Very Low" settings in order to get even 15-30 fps. and that's just driving around randomly! I get the same in big fights, but still, I miss my old High Graphics settings...
Just rebumping my suggestion, it's an important one.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #157
AThreatToYou
Major

- Vehicle weapon stabilization. For a game set in the future, it seems to have taken a few steps back from modern armaments. Every little bump shouldn't toss off my gun's aim, recoil shouldn't be nearly as high (annoying in the Prowler since it requires both shots to hit in order to do comparable damage to the other MBTs), and my gunners have been getting seasick since GU8.
PLEASE, DEAR HIGBY, PLEASE GIVE US THIS
If you are debating the change in skillfulness, give us turret dampening instead of full stabilization. In either case, we should get both turret vertical and horizontal dampening/stabilization.

Also, a few users have pointed out that sometimes when resupplying or switching out weapons for a MAX unit, the terminal sets your default class out as LA which makes you have to spawn the MAX again unless you are expecting this bug. Whenever it happens to me, I can't switch back to my MAX because it's on cooldown. Please fix (save previous louadout choice even when switching classes).

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-05-15 at 11:57 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #158
Culyx
Private

Combat Engy markers for the map would be great.

Take a look at C4 cost now that it despawns?

Please PLEASE clean up the mini map, I'm sick and tired of not being able to read a damn thing on it. Can we have toggles on the mini map for base objectives and ammo packs? Seriously ammo packs are the least important thing on the mini map. Go back to the PS1 model that thing gave tons of useful info based on facility radar or mosquito sensors.
Seriously ammo packs show up larger then tanks...
Old 2013-05-15, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
Bucketnate
Private

It would be really nice to get a wider FOV for vehicles and infantry
Old 2013-05-15, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
RaTzo
Private

My top "quality of life" issue in PS2 is the performance.

I really need to be able to have my system do more on the video card than the CPU. I've done the "ultra" settings tweaks and it made the game look better, but I am still CPU bound and still stuck in 20's for FPS a lot of the time. Any time I'm in a large battle I can expect to get down into single digits.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Something small but very annoying for me (and surely some others):

I am affected by gaming/motion sickness. Having a customizable FoV helps, but that's only a part of the issue. Another is head/bobing shake during movement animations.
I do understand that screen shake is a gameplay element when being hit (etc) but it is not necessarily needed when walking/running. As that's what I am doing most of the time and it tends to give me problems after a while.
It would be very welcome if there would be an option to disable the head bob/shake when walking/running.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
KodanBlack
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Epidemic View Post
Trenchcoats and coverings for your armor.
Shut the front door! My friend and I were talking about trenchcoats to go along with the Commisar hat last night!
Old 2013-05-15, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Oh! I was just streaming and remembered how frustrating it is not being able to tab behind the game window when Full Screen Windowed is enabled. A fix for that would be a huge QoL improvement for me!

Old 2013-05-15, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
NotTheMomma
Corporal

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
2. Not being able to spawn where the fight is. This is a big one for me because I try to do defense, and when I redeploy to defend another facility I often find myself not able to get there. This is because outposts are prioritized over main spawn rooms far too much (I'd rather take a main spawn room over any outpost spawns in most cases). The perfect thing would be to have access to...
>All spawns in zone
>All spawns within 500m of death
>All main spawns in adjacent areas
>3 "Reinforcements needed" spawns that appear in different areas (preferably those owned by YOUR faction so you can defend them) and never, ever focusing on outposts like they do now. Also, unless "reinforcements needed" are the same for everyone across the continent, add a mechanism by which spawns do not get listed twice and a player playing where reinforcements are needed gets an additional spawn option.
This right here is my biggest frustration. When running lone wolf or with a very loosely organized casual squad (often the case late at night), you simply cannot get where you need to go without flying, and gravity is not my friend.

I am SO damn tired of seeing "Reinforcements Needed" completely populated by multiple spawns to the same tech plant, amp station or biolab. Typically, mind you, fights that have both enemy and ally platoons with deployed Sunderers and no need of reinforcements. Meanwhile, a tower base a few regions away has Enemy Platoon/Allies Detected, and no one can spawn at it to defend the tower, even though an ally got there and deployed a Sunderer.

At minimum: 1) Change "Reinforcements Needed" to never display more than one spawn inside a single base's region.

2) Re-extend the distance to which deployed Sunderers show up on the general deployment list. Not to the extent that it used to be, where you could literally deploy all the way across the continent, but several hexes from the present position. Sunderers have greatly reduced longevity compared to months ago, Instant Action won't necessarily even drop you on the same continent, you can't tell where your squad leader is if he's in a vehicle and base capture times are about to be reduced on the live servers. This needs to be done.

Last edited by NotTheMomma; 2013-05-15 at 12:29 PM.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Not enough loadouts, no longer a reason to limit them anymore due to no more single use camo.

Revive bug where you accept a revive but the selection box doesn't go away.

Repair sundy repair holograms are sometimes visible through terrain. (though I'm very happy with the way that repair sundy's have been fixed since launch.)

Would like a turbo fuel indicator on 3rd person HUD of Vehicles. Or all ability gauge indicators really (like IR smoke, time till nanite regen kicks in, time of next fire suppression availability, etc.).

I really think that suit upgrades (like nanoweave, shield cap, flak armour) should be their own thing separate from supply upgrades (like extra magazines, extra exlosives, munitions belt...) when outfitting your character. The barrier to entry is not sufficiently high as to disrupt the 20% power difference that was alluded to pre-beta. A hundred certs would put you up to 10% anyway, since early levels are cheap. With all the ways to get XP in PS2 (a good thing) you won't be down by 20% for very long if you're just starting out.

Thank you for seeking input from PSU community Higby!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion