Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where the Men are Men, and the Pulsars need Ammo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-05-14, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Heya guys -

After GU09 finishes up we're going to be focusing most of the team on a Game Update that's largely going to be player requested enhancements to "quality of life" and bug fixes.

By quality of life I just mean things that make the game better but aren't necessarily broken right now, for example the, "quick camo" we added to the loadout screen would be a quality of life enhancement.

So, what do ya got? Theres a thread on the official forums already but I wanted to come straight to you guys and see what you thought too.

Can't promise we'll get to everything, and we already have a pretty big list to work on, but I want to be sure we try to hit the biggest gripes and irritations coming out of this community as well! Check Mitre 10 Catalogue and Officeworks Catalogue.

Let em rip!
Old 2013-05-14, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

I would love, love, love having the ability to turn off camos as a setting option. Did I mention that I would love it?

I can understand if it needs to be a paid option so that those who bought camo don't feel their purchase is negated without me having to sacrifice a bit as well, but -PLEASE- give us this option.

Some of the camo is a bit ridiculous and having to deal with all of the variations is just one more thing that negatively affects performance for some. I'd love to play a game that actually looks like Planetside and not a bunch of random dudes wearing snow and forest camo in the desert.

-Please- consider providing a way for us to disable camos. Thank you for even reading this suggestion either way.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Epidemic
Private

Instead of a drop down menu for loadouts, turn it into 3 buttons we can press that selects the loadout, and resupplies.

Please, separate the cosmetics so we can apply wing tips and lumi, antenna, underglow and rims instead of having to pick between them.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chewy
Major

Squad 3 being purple. Having both a squad and faction the same color is a bad idea. I want to play with faction colors but can't thanks to that squads color and me having to re-think about shooting targets in the dark or hunting purple non ES vehicles on the mini map.

I can't tell you how many times I almost weapons locked myself when seeing a purple lightning or harasser on the mini map coming right for me only to have it be squad 3.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
OCNSethy
Major

Thanks Higby.

Not sure if this fits your definition but I would love to see some sort of inventory system. This would allow us to change weapon configuration "on the run" instead of having to find a terminal.

Edit: Oh, i forgot... joystick control for aircraft.... please, please, please.

Thanks

Last edited by OCNSethy; 2013-05-14 at 11:32 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Artimus
Master Sergeant

The landing gear bug when you first spawn the reaver.

Also as far as the UI it would be nice to have more custom classes. Instead of choosing your class, then load out. I think it would be better to have custom loadout to choose from with my specific class, weapons, and utilities already decided. Kinda like in PS1.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

Not being able to use squad beacon. I still have the bug where the timer only falls 5 seconds, then restarts
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!

Last edited by Saintlycow; 2013-05-16 at 05:18 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
rigsta
Private

• Sensor darts do not always show their pulse on the minimap.
  • EMP grenades do not drain or otherwise prevent the use of certain class abilities.
  • Decoy grenades do not create false dots on the minimap as they are supposed to.
  • When I hack someone out of a phalanx turret, they should appear on my screen at the same time I appear on theirs. Currently they frequently fail to render until they start shooting me in the head.

(Hacking certed up to level 4, perhaps that has something do to with it.)

EDIT: Have the active GM(s) listed somewhere on the screen.

Last edited by rigsta; 2013-05-14 at 09:41 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Thanks for coming over here and looking for smaller-scale feedback! I prefer these forums knowing I can write a lot more here and more people will actually read and understand it, and it won't get lost in the mass of posts.

1. Engineer has no ability, must drop ammo manually, takes several seconds to appear and difficult to place...
Solutions I've seen proposed: Bind ammo pack to F as ability with cooldown (like Charge on a MAX) and drop it like Mines or C4 unless game mechanics would interfere horribly with that.

2. Not being able to spawn where the fight is. This is a big one for me because I try to do defense, and when I redeploy to defend another facility I often find myself not able to get there. This is because outposts are prioritized over main spawn rooms far too much (I'd rather take a main spawn room over any outpost spawns in most cases). The perfect thing would be to have access to...
>All spawns in zone
>All spawns within 500m of death
>All main spawns in adjacent areas
>3 "Reinforcements needed" spawns that appear in different areas (preferably those owned by YOUR faction so you can defend them) and never, ever focusing on outposts like they do now. Also, unless "reinforcements needed" are the same for everyone across the continent, add a mechanism by which spawns do not get listed twice and a player playing where reinforcements are needed gets an additional spawn option.

Flying up to a tower vehicle terminal from below (from stair or vehicle pad) as LA and then pressing E before landing while facing the terminal... sometimes drags you through the teleporter and pops you out the top. Forcing you to run down again.

With deployment near squad leader, sometimes when respawning you get the option to respawn at the point nearest to him/her... and sometimes you don't. Which leads me to look for my squad leader on the minimap, which if dots are clustered too tightly takes a few seconds of spot-the-1. Maybe allow special tracking of squad and platoon leaders?

Pressing more than a few buttons at the same time tends to confuse the game. While pressing forward and tab (checking alert/score/players in vicinity while in a vehicle) I can also press Right to turn my vehicle right... but cannot press left to turn it left. Which is weird. This is also for trying to turn on FPS counter while running... it doesn't work, too many buttons, gotta stop and let go of some of the keys for it to work. :?

When securing a facility from enemy capture, if the enemy capture bar has started filling up and the owners have resecured the CP majority, as long as the bar is "owned" by the enemy (more than halfway capped), no capture completion timer will be displayed on it.
(At least this was so the last time I checked.)

Instant death in restricted zones needs to go away. I'm already taking periodic damage, adding an instant death after a certain time spent inside feels a little cheap if you're focused on maintaining your health while in the field (which will be at 50% anyway and require effort and concentration to keep there). I'm all for staying with simple pain fields, crap like this never made Planetside 1.

I'll be sure to think of more.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mordicant
Sergeant

rendering driver's hands on the flash.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Instead of a drop down menu for loadouts, turn it into 3 buttons we can press that selects the loadout, and resupplies.
This,

Also as far as the UI it would be nice to have more custom classes. Instead of choosing your class, then load out. I think it would be better to have custom loadout to choose from with my specific class, weapons, and utilities already decided. Kinda like in PS1.
and this.

There's also a delay on bringing up the equipment menu when you approach it. I think it's there to keep people from switching equipment too fast, but is it really necessary? Maybe you can tweak it so that it is only delayed after you have recently used it.

Last edited by Aaron; 2013-05-14 at 09:43 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Change of squad colors, so I can make Alpha, bravo, charlie, and delta squad different than the default colors.

Trenchcoats and coverings for your armor

ADAD fix

improving servers so that large fights don't lag as much

Things I have compiled from my outfit:
Originally Posted by Ammathor, outfit mate of mine
Screen Flickering Bug.
Freeze/Crash on Redeploy.
Teleporting back to starting location after exiting a Vehicle
VR dumping loadouts.
Annhilator, Striker (On Second and Third Rounds), A2A missiles all firing Duds (These are all nearly two month's old now)
Setting your Squad to Private still allows brand new players to join, even if you have it set to private and outfit only.
Quality of Life
FOV Fixed for Vehicles, Seeing as how it's locked to something very low and cannot be changed.
More Load-out Slots
Customize-able HUD.
Some sort of ability to draw on the map for Platoon & Squad leads.
Have the Outfit's MOTD appear on the screen when you log in. (Toggelable in Settings?)
Other things we accumulated from various outfit members:
Also, I heard reports of people having textures just go missing, special mention was made of Tech plants

There is the issue with Communication and ammo towers, which now serve as Anti-air towers, clipping in and out of reality.

Not being able to reset things in your recruitment message without dropping the message

Also, as has been said a few times already, thank you for paying attention to the community in what you have been doing, and engaging people directly for this.

Last edited by GeoGnome; 2013-05-14 at 09:58 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Of the suggestions that have been made since I started writing, I especially agree with the fact that we need the ability to:
-- Change color of squads in our platoon on our HUD

-- Change loadouts quickly with less clicks. May I propose the idea of using the number keys as hotkeys? 1 for loadout 1, 2 for loadout 2 and 3 for loadout 3? It will interfere with nothing, makes everything faster and leaves room for more loadout slots, which people also kinda want.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

There is also a funny thing where the drop-pod noise restarts every time you switch back to first person after having changed the camera angle. Unnecessary breaking any immersion.

Also if we're gonna be talking about things that will improve the game and have already been discussed, I wanna talk about

-- ADADADAD strafing to break netcode and gain unnatural advantage through distorted hitboxes and player models moving weirdly for anyone trying to shoot them. This needs to go away.

-- OMG DARKER NIGHTS PLZ.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Option to choose own squad colors.
0 sec respawn time to warpgate.
More squad and Platoon waypoints (look at PS1)
Voice Macros
Background music that doesnt stop when some dude fires a shot half a mile away from me
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion