Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where men wear thongs. And are proud of it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-05-14, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Heya guys -

After GU09 finishes up we're going to be focusing most of the team on a Game Update that's largely going to be player requested enhancements to "quality of life" and bug fixes.

By quality of life I just mean things that make the game better but aren't necessarily broken right now, for example the, "quick camo" we added to the loadout screen would be a quality of life enhancement.

So, what do ya got? Theres a thread on the official forums already but I wanted to come straight to you guys and see what you thought too.

Can't promise we'll get to everything, and we already have a pretty big list to work on, but I want to be sure we try to hit the biggest gripes and irritations coming out of this community as well! Check Mitre 10 Catalogue and Officeworks Catalogue.

Let em rip!
Old 2013-05-14, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

I would love, love, love having the ability to turn off camos as a setting option. Did I mention that I would love it?

I can understand if it needs to be a paid option so that those who bought camo don't feel their purchase is negated without me having to sacrifice a bit as well, but -PLEASE- give us this option.

Some of the camo is a bit ridiculous and having to deal with all of the variations is just one more thing that negatively affects performance for some. I'd love to play a game that actually looks like Planetside and not a bunch of random dudes wearing snow and forest camo in the desert.

-Please- consider providing a way for us to disable camos. Thank you for even reading this suggestion either way.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Epidemic
Private

Instead of a drop down menu for loadouts, turn it into 3 buttons we can press that selects the loadout, and resupplies.

Please, separate the cosmetics so we can apply wing tips and lumi, antenna, underglow and rims instead of having to pick between them.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rasui
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Epidemic View Post
Instead of a drop down menu for loadouts, turn it into 3 buttons we can press that selects the loadout, and resupplies.
This and more loadouts in general. My MAX would thank you greatly.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Pella
Captain

Please, separate the cosmetics so we can apply wing tips and lumi, antenna, underglow and rims instead of having to pick between them.
Hotkeys for load outs - win.
Old 2013-05-15, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dudster
Private

This x1,000,000
Old 2013-05-24, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mitsukake
Private

i wouldn't express my love for this enough!!!! if you guys add more slots to put in those things but are in different parts of the vichel(wheels/fins , lighting , and ornaments.) it would bring more businesses to those departments aka more money for you guys while giving people like myself more customization! besides wasn't this on the roadmap a few months back, but never done?
Old 2013-05-14, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Chewy
Major

Squad 3 being purple. Having both a squad and faction the same color is a bad idea. I want to play with faction colors but can't thanks to that squads color and me having to re-think about shooting targets in the dark or hunting purple non ES vehicles on the mini map.

I can't tell you how many times I almost weapons locked myself when seeing a purple lightning or harasser on the mini map coming right for me only to have it be squad 3.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

Not being able to use squad beacon. I still have the bug where the timer only falls 5 seconds, then restarts
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!

Last edited by Saintlycow; 2013-05-16 at 05:18 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Option to choose own squad colors.
0 sec respawn time to warpgate.
More squad and Platoon waypoints (look at PS1)
Voice Macros
Background music that doesnt stop when some dude fires a shot half a mile away from me
Old 2013-05-14, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
0 sec respawn time to warpgate.
More Voice Macros
First one: OMG YES. That is so needed; you're gonna spent a lot of time in the WG anyway before getting into the fight.
Old 2013-05-15, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

1. Linkable platoons (In TE we run at least 2 platoons a night, and we have to have squads use offensive requests and that to mark enemy sundies).
2. Squad waypoints be the same color as the squad, as well as seeable by everyone in the platoon.
3. 0 respawn timer after redeploy, not double the time of when you die...
4. Fix the bug where sometimes it wouldn't let you squad deploy/IA right after the 2/3 minute timer of when you previously used it.
5. Separate Squad deploy and Instant action timers.
6. Fix the landing gear bug for mossies when pulling from places outside of WG.
7. Give the Annihilator a little scoot along its effectiveness. I feel like being a TR, the Striker makes the annihilator completely obsolete, filling its role in every way but better. I'm not sure what advantage it has over the striker... maybe projectile velocity? That doesn't make too much of a difference.
8. An option to go back to the old color scheme. On the topic of colors, though this has been said, customizable platoon colors would be nice.
9. Fix the hacking turret thing with render distance where the enemy kills you before you render them. Very irritating.
10. Fix that "Opposite texture bug with of the flicker bug" thing. There is a bug that fills your screen with textures and to fix it I have to go into my settings and change my screen "fitting" (?), as in changing full screen mode to windowed to fix it. Very time consuming and occasionally crashes my game.
11. Actually FIX performance in this GU, unlike making it go to the shitter like the last 4.

That is all of my current complaints, I bet I'll figure out more during the day.
Old 2013-05-15, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Fishy
Private

1. Fix the bug where aiming down sights while on a slope jumps in and out of focus
2. More voice macros, as "I need a gunner", or "Defend the SCU" and the mostly used ones from PS1
3. Fix the friendly player targeting menu (looking at a player and pressing Q) - currently it is almost impossible to use the mouse to navigate the different options (suggestion - select menu options by using the mouse wheel scrolling)
Old 2013-05-14, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
PungFu
Private

I would like to be able to clearly see where my squad leader is before I hit "squad deploy". Many times I end up away from the main squad/platoon because my squad leader is doing something away from the group. This happens most of the time when I am with a zerg and the squad leader isn't with the main platoon. I'd like to see where I am going without having the find them on the map which takes time. Thanks.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
loopuleasa
Private

Smile Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

I will get a list going

- VR training ability reset bug needs fixing

- proper texted cert descriptions, with numbers and percentages displayed

- make instant action drop you on the same continent (or make an option that does so like a checkbox "Drop on same continent")

- ability to spawn at all bases across the map, but with added respawn time the farther you are (the added time should be a lot to facilitate manual transportation or gal transportation)

- an extended VGS command will make me so happy

- some overhaul done to mines (to make them more like mines and less like boxes of TNT)

- some overhaul done to lock-on and engie AV turrets (which have a shit-ton of range)

- ability to see tracer fire/see your bullets traveling clearly even on ultra low settings + making smoke appear correctly on low settings too

- make it impossible to ressurect maxes or make it that you need 2-3 medics at once to rez a max

- client crashing when redeploying/respawning are ridiculous; I'm crashing multiple times each day while playing on ultra low settings

- I would love a sound notification when my ability/flare/shield/cloak is recharged/ready

- make blockade armor, composite armor, and tank/aircraft guns inherit camo

- give a command module for the sunderer that squad/platoon leaders can use to better command their team

- some love for galaxies?

- some survivability for ESFs (against ground pounders/lock-ons)

- something done to burster maxes (make them unable to re-enter spawn rooms, make them unrezabble)

- no faction switching on the same server

- dont encourage rewards for just being present somewhere (like base cap endings and alert endings) even if you didn't help that situation at all

- some kind of timed explosive bomb for the infiltrator, that beeps and takes 10 seconds to blow; would give stealth players a nice way to play

- add a /test chat on the test server for people to discuss game-related issues

- make sunderer blockade armor give a straight up armor boost, instead of DIRECTIONAL reduction to damage (since sunderers have been patched long ago to not receive more damage from a certain direction)

- a button on the manage vehicle (PAGE DOWN) page that allows you to refresh your vehicle auto-despawn timer (meaning that you are going to use that vehicle); that's without manually going to it, entering to refresh the timer then getting out

- an option to a player's context menu that lets you "Duel" them (meaning they don't die when they reach 0 health from your fire and also you receive no grief points)

- a tutorial for new people

- drifter jump jets for light assault should allow you to very slowly climb walls

- EMP nades being a bit buggy

- Decoy Grenades not working at all correctly

- the wobbling gun you get when manning vehicle guns

- the random triple loading screen when switching seats bug

- an option to see your ping

- an auto-kick option for players with very high ping

- squad/platoon management options

- ability to set "Keep at ammount X" for resuplying your items (grenades, medkits, etc.)

That's just from the top of my head. I have a lot of things at the top of my head
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion